BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robert Coar

I'd really like to know more about the mysterious Robert Coar and what his role is at Blackburn Rovers. After all, he's the only director remaining from Jack Walker's days, a former Chairman of the club, and the only man who has been involved right throughout Venkys tenure at board level.

As of today he is one of only 3 directors of the club, the others being Mike Cheston and Gandhi Babu. We know Cheston is now running the club almost singlehandedly and Babu is a Venky man based in India, but what about Coar?

I know he doesn't have much of a day to day role at the club, but I understand he still turns up at most matches and represents the club officially at games. Is it really all about wining and dining with the dignitaries?

Why is it that after everything this man has remained in position and said nothing? No interviews, no statements, no public appearances.

What does he gain from all this? I always thought he didn't draw a salary from his position at Rovers, so surely it isn't financially motivated. He can't need the money at his age surely. He's presumably old enough and rich enough to retire from it now, yet there is his name, alongside Gandhi Babu.

I understand he does or did hold a position with the FA, but even if he still holds that position, is it really so important and lucrative to justify being part of this regime of destruction?

Its time for Bob to speak. He knows what this club should be all about. He knows what it used to be like and what it needs to be like for it to be successful. Yet for more than 5 years he has been in the background whilst the club has been brought to its knees. I don't know how he can look in the mirror having worked for people like Jack Walker and John Williams and now be part of this sham.

Why? Why not walk away from it in disgust? Refuse to have your name associated with what Venkys have done? Supporters would have infinitely more respect for you if you did.

An excellent point, well made.

However, it's worth remembering that not everyone associated with Blackburn Rovers in its long history has always put the club first and foremost.

Some people get involved in football for their own motives and these do not always coincide with ordinary supporters' reasons for supporting a football team.

I do agree wholeheartedly that it would be very good for Robert Coar to take sides, if he hasn't already done so....

He ought to be targeted next to step up to the plate and give out some answers about what he does and why he's never questioned the complete demise of the club.

Another one who filled his pockets from Jack and is now seemingly happy to see his legacy rot. It wouldn't seem as bad if he at least disassociated himself from it but nope his gravy train rattles on. He never struck me as anything other than a nodding dog anyway.

Next up should be the Walkers or at least a member of their family to speak up. A few of these still live locally and have got away with shouldering any responsibility scot free. Hot on their heels should be someone from the actual Trust, the thing put in place to safeguard Rovers in the first place. I bet a few involved with that have buried some skeletons in their closet.

Time for them all to be brought to book !

Can someone confirm if Greg Coar is Rob Coars son? if he is that would explain why Rob Coar does nothing and says nothing, wants to protect his family investment in the club, money comes before anything I assume.

Robert Coar should be outed as a Rao apologist.

He's never even commented to back them either though. Just head down hide in the shadows and enjoy the continuing benefits. I've no doubt he's powerless where running the club is concerned but he should publically be on the side of fans wanting the best for it. Also he must have an influence in the corridors of power at the FA so what gets said there ?

Maybe he had a hand in smoothing the takeover process with the FA and is now embarrassed about how it's turned out ? It's all about them skeletons and keeping them in their closets these days !

Robert Coar has no influence at the FA, nor did he ever have. He was a county rep which is essentially a luncheon club for old blokes who used to be chairmen in the good old days. It doesn't really matter what he thinks about the RAO's or the current situation as he can't do anything about it, unless he is willing to relieve the ROA family of 51% of the shares in the club.

Can someone confirm if Greg Coar is Rob Coars son? if he is that would explain why Rob Coar does nothing and says nothing, wants to protect his family investment in the club, money comes before anything I assume.

I believe its nothing more than a coincidence. They aren't related at all. If they were it might excuse his behaviour in him wanting to protect his relatives position, but he can't even fall back on that one.

Robert Coar has no influence at the FA, nor did he ever have. He was a county rep which is essentially a luncheon club for old blokes who used to be chairmen in the good old days. It doesn't really matter what he thinks about the RAO's or the current situation as he can't do anything about it, unless he is willing to relieve the ROA family of 51% of the shares in the club.

He might not be able to physically do anything, but he could send a message by resigning his position and join the ranks of people - go on Radio Lancashire - appear in the Telegraph - spill the beans, criticise Venkys - it might not achieve something but it would send a hell of a bigger and better message than the current heads down silence.

• Backroom

No relation, my dealings with Greg have shown him to be a good bloke with good intentions trying to do a job now in tough circumstances.

Need more of his type at the club but fear there aren't too many left

No relation, my dealings with Greg have shown him to be a good bloke with good intentions trying to do a job now in tough circumstances.

It would have been an excuse for Bob to say and do nothing, now he has no excuse.

What does he do, Tom? (Genuine question).

• Backroom

What does he do, Tom? (Genuine question).

Not sure what his title is these days but was in charge of things like sponsorship and ticketing and the like but feel it's an impossible task when all you want to do needs sign off from India and gets delayed and held in limbo

There is something from 2012 on Bob from the Daily Mail, second item down, tells us all we need to know really ,funnily enough the first article also includes another Rovers related story and the 6th article mentions our current secretary

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2086450/Agent-Jerome-Anderson-takes-legal-advice-Blackburn-abuse-Charles-Sale.html

"Football Powerbroker"

We'll that's a new one.

NB. Be careful when you open that link, there's two very disturbing pictures on there.

Football mute more like. Maybe Venkys let him stay in return for removing his tongue.

We know where you live Bob.

Is it the one with the Burnley crest on the gates ?

• 3 months later...

Archived