BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robert Coar

Sounds like he's shown himself tonight to be what he is, a gravy train riding nobody who should bow to a shrine of Jack Walker before bed every evening for being fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time when the revolution began.

Shame on him for continuing to be complicit to the devolution !

I'm no fan of Coar whatsoever but to be fair to him he's only a relatively meaningless figure at the Club retained due to his position at the FA.

The question "Could you look Jack in the eye etc etc" should really be directed towards his Trustees and if anyone had a massive enough purse to pursue the matter I'd imagine they'd have a reasonable chance of success.

I still don't get why he was at the consultation meeting. I've been waiting to hear him speak now for years and years, finally he turns up at an event and answers questions and has managed to put himself well and truly in the firing line with his behavior when its clear being in the spotlight is the last thing he wants. Presumably he was asked to attend by Cheston to fill the top table and provide another face in the absence of the owners or their reps, but surely both Cheston and Coar would have known going into the meeting with the agenda set that there would be a real risk of embarrassment and a problem in the pipeline if Coar was subjected to questioning.

He was sat on the top table taking questions as a 'club director' and yet was unable to answer the most basic of them, such as 'what do you do?'.

He admitted that he doesn't work at the club and doesn't take a salary, so why was he there? Might as well have had one of the tea ladies.

He then allowed the pressure to get to him and decided to threaten a supporter with legal action knowing full well there was a reporter there from the Telegraph along with someone recording the event from Radio Lancashire. A recipe for disaster.

I'm no fan of Coar whatsoever but to be fair to him he's only a relatively meaningless figure at the Club retained due to his position at the FA.

The question "Could you look Jack in the eye etc etc" should really be directed towards his Trustees and if anyone had a massive enough purse to pursue the matter I'd imagine they'd have a reasonable chance of success.

I know he's not the cause of the problems and shouldn't be the central issue, but the fact that he's such a relatively meaningless figure at the club actually makes it worse for me.

This isn't a man desperately holding on to his job because he's got power/influence which might be of benefit to the club, or a man who is getting paid a fortune and is keeping his job to boost his bank balance or feed his family.

I'd guess he's well into his 60's, I expect he'd be a multi-millionaire by now and doesn't need money/work.

Despite all that he continues to act in his 'ceremonial role' at the club. Continues to have his name associated with Venkys and the toxic club they have created.

He's been involved at board level now for 36 years. The first 30 of those he was an important figure in the 80's when the club was hard up but still very much in touch with its fans and community, right through the Jack Walker revolution, then through the Premier League years. He's seen it all in his long time at the club. At his age he could have said 'enough is enough', refuse to be associated with this regime, resign his position, release a statement expressing his dismay/disgust at what has happened, and offered his wholehearted support to Seneca or the Rovers Trust. A man with his experience of 36 years at board level would be welcomed on board by groups wanting Venkys out.

Yet on he continues in his role. He's not doing it for power, money, his career. So what is he doing it for? Is he genuinely of the belief that the club is ok and this setup is acceptable? Are the perks of free tickets and FA lunches so appealing to a man of his age and wealth that its worth tarring your reputation to maintain your seat with the FA boys?

Because in years to come there will always be major question marks over his behaviour during the last 6 years and why he's sat by and said/done nothing during the destruction of the club. If he'd walked out with Williams, Finn and co. back in 2011 after 30 years of service to the club then I'm sure his legacy/reputation would have been protected and he'd be welcomed back with open arms in future under different owners. Now, if it was me taking over the club, he'd be one of the first out the door.

soccer-fa-carling-premiership-blackburn-

Is this him?

That's him, but a very old photo. Probably about 20 years old that.

He said they can make recommendations to the owners & co well the only recommendation he should be continually making for the good of Blackburn Rovers is SELL THE CLUB !

When is he going to do something or step down ? When we are in the third tier, too late Bob !

He'll remember the last time we were there very well I'd imagine and he shouldn't want to see us back down there at any cost. Yet he turns up for the first time in decades at a supporters meeting probably having been begged to come .... with his solicitor in tow !

Absolute shadow hiding coward. Mind you he was probably at the Turf last time Rovers were in the third.

I know he's not the cause of the problems and shouldn't be the central issue, but the fact that he's such a relatively meaningless figure at the club actually makes it worse for me.

This isn't a man desperately holding on to his job because he's got power/influence which might be of benefit to the club, or a man who is getting paid a fortune and is keeping his job to boost his bank balance or feed his family.

I'd guess he's well into his 60's, I expect he'd be a multi-millionaire by now and doesn't need money/work.

Despite all that he continues to act in his 'ceremonial role' at the club. Continues to have his name associated with Venkys and the toxic club they have created.

He's been involved at board level now for 36 years. The first 30 of those he was an important figure in the 80's when the club was hard up but still very much in touch with its fans and community, right through the Jack Walker revolution, then through the Premier League years. He's seen it all in his long time at the club. At his age he could have said 'enough is enough', refuse to be associated with this regime, resign his position, release a statement expressing his dismay/disgust at what has happened, and offered his wholehearted support to Seneca or the Rovers Trust. A man with his experience of 36 years at board level would be welcomed on board by groups wanting Venkys out.

Yet on he continues in his role. He's not doing it for power, money, his career. So what is he doing it for? Is he genuinely of the belief that the club is ok and this setup is acceptable? Are the perks of free tickets and FA lunches so appealing to a man of his age and wealth that its worth tarring your reputation to maintain your seat with the FA boys?

Because in years to come there will always be major question marks over his behaviour during the last 6 years and why he's sat by and said/done nothing during the destruction of the club. If he'd walked out with Williams, Finn and co. back in 2011 after 30 years of service to the club then I'm sure his legacy/reputation would have been protected and he'd be welcomed back with open arms in future under different owners. Now, if it was me taking over the club, he'd be one of the first out the door.

That's him, but a very old photo. Probably about 20 years old that.

One of the Pet Shop Boys?

• 2 months later...

Archived