BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Coyle Interview

Thats why i said certain injuries. You cant legislate for the kind of thing that happened to muamba, for broken legs etc but there are a lot of injuries that occur less often if training is good.

I do agree with you in the sense that a proper training and fitness regime leads to less injuries.Just saying that in that instance the injuries at Bolton didn't have much to do with the way Coyle was training then,Holden had his leg broken in a match if memory serves me correctly.Hopefully with Chris Neville being involved with the fitness and conditioning side of things then we should be ok with the fitness of the squad.

I do agree with you in the sense that a proper training and fitness regime leads to less injuries.Just saying that in that instance the injuries at Bolton didn't have much to do with the way Coyle was training then,Holden had his leg broken in a match if memory serves me correctly.Hopefully with Chris Neville being involved with the fitness and conditioning side of things then we should be ok with the fitness of the squad.

Coil had storage he's made Of glass

I have seen the interview and have to say that whether I want him or not, he feels under pressure already for whatever reason. When asked questions he takes no time at all to answer, not a breath to consider the question or to consider his answer. He talks on autopilot and relies on buzz words without substance. In addition he rarely makes eye contact with the interviewer. In my personal line of work I interview people daily in order to establish their credibility. If I was interviewing Coyle in this particular instance alarm bells would be ringing.

Also, this messageboard barely works on my phone anymore. Are other people experiencing a persistent lag or am I due for an upgrade?

Edited by Stevo

to be fair :unsure:

he'd probably have been asked to answer pretty much the same questions a dozen times that day and also of course he would have been well drilled about what to say and what not to say before they all started, that's just common practise at most football clubs id have thought.

The PR team have managed him within an inch of his life on that one.

Watch his answer to the first question, he spews everything out that he'd been fed. Very 'managed'. 'Magnificent club' and 'no stoned unturned' and to throw 'arte et labore' in is complete PR BS.

He repeats key words throughout and had clearly been told not to say the word 'Burnley'.

There is a point where he looks down to his right (6:13) when asked about investment. Indicates discomfort and without being a body language expert, I'd say he's been told 'you don't have much to spend'.

Also around 7:50 he's asked about targets for the season and continually looks down and right. Again a sign of discomfort.

Not having that.

But he will have my support until proved incompetent.

Edited by Martin

I have seen the interview and have to say that whether I want him or not, he feels under pressure already for whatever reason. When asked questions he takes no time at all to answer, not a breath to consider the question or to consider his answer. He talks on autopilot and relies on buzz words without substance. In addition he rarely makes eye contact with the interviewer. In my personal line of work I interview people daily in order to establish their credibility. If I was interviewing Coyle in this particular instance alarm bells would be ringing.

Also, this messageboard barely works on my phone anymore. Are other people experiencing a persistent lag or am I due for an upgrade?

Interesting.I also noticed the hundred mile an hour babble, answering his own question almost before the interviewer's one was asked. What I don't know is whether this is how he always deals with interviews. But taking this, alongside his amnesia about a certain agency, I am inclined to agree.I would love to interview him, cutting through the meaningless (nervous?)babble to press home a question or two....

Back in 2011-12, when you took time out to condemn the Blackburn fans' treatment of Steve Kean, what agency were you represented by?

Steve Kean, himself, said that you were both represented by SEM. Why do you think he might have been under that impression?

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

Chris Neville was there under Bowyer when we had probably the most unfit side in years. If the manager takes a hard line regime players will follow. If Coyle wants to be one of the boys like Bowyer ill discipline will follow.

Or sense prevails,

See it how you will.

Nonsense prevails, you mean.

Anyone who's honestly cutting Coyle some slack needs their head tested. It's like the club exists in a vacuum and the last six years were a figment of our imagination.

That interview was rubbish truth be told. It all sounded very good but there wasn't much substance. I got the distinct impression he isn't a very intelligent bloke. Trotted out the same old tosh over and over. The only positive I can take from it is he intends to play an exciting brand of football. But that's only any good if you're picking up results.

The other interview in the LT was more interesting than the rovers player one. The Mourinho comment was misguided and would have been jumped on far more if Bowyer had said it. And did he really say that about SEM? I don't know if he is or isn't still with them. But to say he knew little or nothing about them is a dangerous game. But I have to say well done to the LT for asking it. It's what I really wanted answering. Shame I can't help feeling the answer was a lie.

Edited by patrickvalery

I give up, let the venksters lap up everything the owners throw at us like we should be grateful, when we have no club left then you venky arse lickers will be crying into your beers

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 2

That interview was rubbish truth be told. It all sounded very good but there wasn't much substance. I got the distinct impression he isn't a very intelligent bloke. Trotted out the same old tosh over and over. The only positive I can take from it is he intends to play an exciting brand of football. But that's only any good if you're picking up points

Exactly! Instead of losing 0-1 it'll be 3-4! Great for the neutrals and the winners.

That interview was rubbish truth be told. It all sounded very good but there wasn't much substance. I got the distinct impression he isn't a very intelligent bloke. Trotted out the same old tosh over and over. The only positive I can take from it is he intends to play an exciting brand of football. But that's only any good if you're picking up results.

To be fair there's not much he really can say when he's been a failure in his last 3 jobs. He made the right noises but media talk off the pitch amounts to diddly squat, always has.

The other interview in the LT was more interesting than the rovers player one. The Mourinho comment was misguided and would have been jumped on far more if Bowyer had said it. And did he really say that about SEM? I don't know if he is or isn't still with them. But to say he knew little or nothing about them is a dangerous game. But I have to say well done to the LT for asking it. It's what I really wanted answering. Shame I can't help feeling the answer was a lie.

This line worried me greatly. What's this exciting, entertaining brand nonsense? I want a manager who wants to win games, culminating in promotion. That's all any Championship clubs should be aiming for. Maybe his dumb Mourinho comment was designed to highlight his aim of playing exciting football rather than effective football. Have Venkys made this a requirement? Is our future a mere bauble to be pleasing on the eye - regardless of the win, lose or draw stats? Do they understand that the Championship has relegation as well as the PL? Or is someone telling them that it's just another name for the Champions League and we qualified again?

History is potentially repeating itself though:

Experience successful manager

Agency client nomination (allegedly)

- Relegation -

Wilderness short term managers

Promoted back room guy

It's interesting that some fans perceptions of the credibility of Allardyce and Lambert were able to be altered so quickly on both occasions. Each followed by an appointment which has been shrouded in speculation and rumour, and divided the fans. Follows a similar pattern to those who have tried over the years to deflect blame onto the WalkerTrust and even Williams, only to champion their (naive?) successors as doing their best with what they have inherited.

This line worried me greatly. What's this exciting, entertaining brand nonsense? I want a manager who wants to win games, culminating in promotion. That's all any Championship clubs should be aiming for. Maybe his dumb Mourinho comment was designed to highlight his aim of playing exciting football rather than effective football. Have Venkys made this a requirement? Is our future a mere bauble to be pleasing on the eye - regardless of the win, lose or draw stats? Do they understand that the Championship has relegation as well as the PL? Or is someone telling them that it's just another name for the Champions League and we qualified again?

History is potentially repeating itself though:

Experience successful manager

Agency client nomination (allegedly)

- Relegation -

Wilderness short term managers

Promoted back room guy

It's interesting that some fans perceptions of the credibility of Allardyce and Lambert were able to be altered so quickly on both occasions. Each followed by an appointment which has been shrouded in speculation and rumour, and divided the fans. Follows a similar pattern to those who have tried over the years to deflect blame onto the WalkerTrust and even Williams, only to champion their (naive?) successors as doing their best with what they have inherited.

I cant work out if your trying to dig me out here Stuart.

I cant work out if your trying to dig me out here Stuart.

Not at all. (If 'digging you out' means 'having go').

I thought the exciting football comments were Keanesque. Kean (and even Desai, if I recall correctly) frequently made comments pertaining to style, as an underhand dig at Allardyce. I took Koyle's comments as a little dig at Lambert.

I want an effective manager in this league. Promotion out of it is everything. I don't expect the Venkys would have found Bumley's football exciting last season but it was bloody effective. I expect 'Claret Venkys' would likely have binned Dyche for not playing "the right kind of football to represent the fans" when he had that run of 4 draws and two defeats in the run up to last Christmas.

I took Koyle's comments as a little dig at Lambert.

No, I don't really think they were Stuart. At that stage Coyle would have little idea of how PL's Rovers would have played, style-wise and I do think he was just outlining his philosophy - he said similar things when appointed at Bolton and Wigan if I recall correctly.

Funnily enough that was one of my biggest criticisms of Lambert actually, his classless digs at his predecessor early in his tenure (a couple of which came back to bite him on the arse)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.