BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What period are you looking at here? Because they gave Kean a fortune to waste 

We bought Derrick Williams for £300k and sold Hanley, Duffy, Marshall, Rhodes, Gestede and Cairney. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Biz said:

Exactly. If it was up to a few on here, we'd be 500m in debt by now.

To me, wanting rid of the owners AND expecting them to throw millions in is the definition of "having your cake and eating it too!"

They waxed millions up the wall. This 30m they've "trousered" (tomphil trademark) hasn't been spent on players, it's been spent on balancing the books.

What are our costs before wages? 10/12m? Factor in 3 years of cuts to the wages, pay offs etc and you've got a year on year deficit, growing the debt.

Weve probably spent 20m on managers in 5 years.... do people remember this? 

All of those are their mistakes that it's their responsibility to rectify. It's not that complicated pal.

What is the actual point of them owning the club if they aren't going to fund it adequately? For goodness' sake it's not like they're getting good publicity out of it, is it?

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We bought Derrick Williams for £300k and sold Hanley, Duffy, Marshall, Rhodes and Cairney. 

That doesn't add up to the 30 million in quoted in the post I was questioning. 

Anyways, yep there has been a disastrous downgrading of our squad since those dopes bought the club. Disgusting you could even go as far as saying. Appointing Coyle and selling Duffy and Hanley was kamikaze. You would wonder how those decisions were okayed. 

• Moderation Lead
45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He said 300, 000 spent on transfer fees.

I know our transfer dealings inside and out, so I don't need your link or to bookmark it. Cheers. 

If that's the case, why didn't you know what period I was referring to? Derrick Williams is the only player we've signed for a few and we've sold anyone else worth anything. It's hardly rocket science why people might be worried that any of our players of value might be at risk of being sold for goodness' sake!!

17 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Quite entertaining but the Cricket is still better. I think the Test will win this evenings session.

This evenings session !

Jeez, I've had the cricket on all day and now you say this evenings session.

My missus is pulling her hair out:lol:

Just now, K-Hod said:

If that's the case, why didn't you know what period I was referring to? Derrick Williams is the only player we've signed for a few and we've sold anyone else worth anything. It's hardly rocket science why people might be worried that any of our players of value might be at risk of being sold for goodness' sake!!

Because you said 30 million in-who were you referring to here? You named players above ,but their fees add up to 21 million. 

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Anyways, yep there has been a disastrous downgrading of our squad since those dopes bought the club. Disgusting you could even go as far as saying. Appointing Coyle and selling Duffy and Hanley was kamikaze. You would wonder how those decisions were okayed. 

No it doesn't, you're right,  it adds up to £32.57m! Fair enough I forgot Gestede initially, but the point still stands. 3/5 of sod all on transfers in and far more on transfers out.

Hence the grave concern at losing the likes of Graham, Mulgrew and Bennett.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/blackburn-rovers/transfers/verein/164/plus/0?saison_id=2015&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Add rudy to your list and your at 30 before Olson and Judge, Oconnell. sell on clauses for Rochina and Nzonzi 

5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Add rudy to your list and your at 30 before Olson and Judge, Oconnell. sell on clauses for Rochina and Nzonzi 

Yes but we also paid a fee for him didn't we? So that would change the figure of 300,00 spent on transfers. Same if you add in Evans and Cairney, the 300,000 figure is incorrect. Why didn't he include the fee we paid for Rhodes? Hence why I asked what period he was referring to.

No doubt it's bad, but as I have said here many times, we can stick to the facts and still have a damning case. We don't need to sensationalize and make up stuff to sound worse. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes but we also paid a fee for him didn't we? So that would change the figure of 300,00 spent on transfers. Same if you add in Evans and Cairney, the 300,000 figure is incorrect. Hence why I asked what period he was referring to.

No doubt it's bad, but as I have said here many times, we can stick to the facts and still have a damning case. We don't need to sensationalize and make up stuff to sound worse. 

Errr the sales were transactioned within the embargo. The only incomings within three years attracting fees are Williams. Bennett and Ward undisclosed peppercorn fees

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Errr the sales were transactioned within the embargo. The only incomings within three years attracting fees are Williams. Bennett and Ward undisclosed peppercorn fees

Ok, so it is within 3 years? That was all I asked, the time period which was been referred to. 

9 minutes ago, AggyBlue said:

This evenings session !

Jeez, I've had the cricket on all day and now you say this evenings session.

My missus is pulling her hair out:lol:

I'll be watching the T20 after the Test too :D, the wife's watching something on youtube bless her.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ok, so it is within 3 years? That was all I asked, the time period which was been referred to. 

No problem with me mate. I would however would have thought that may have been clear from the player list and when they were transacted / sold?

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What period are you looking at here? Because they gave Kean a fortune to waste 

Well since you've made the statement, what did this fortune amount to in net terms?

£20M received for Jones for a start remember.

The outgoings will at least match the incomings in terms of transfer fees under Venkys i'm pretty sure so they haven't lost dollar one there. Annual loses now crunched into the  overall VLL/VH group accounts so they aren't losing any real money there either that's why the whole charade will roll on and on.

Probably not the original idea but certainly something their financial whizz kids have come up with post embargo once the partners had accounted for all the parachute income with their scandalous signings, contracts and percentages.

35 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

All of those are their mistakes that it's their responsibility to rectify. It's not that complicated pal.

What is the actual point of them owning the club if they aren't going to fund it adequately? For goodness' sake it's not like they're getting good publicity out of it, is it?

That's not the point though is it? 

At no point has anyone defended the owners actions, it's just pointing out to you and others that the club (as in We, not them. I refer to my club as we) has a price to pay for dropping through the leagues, losing 98% of its turnover and running up millions in debt.

Nobody is arguing that isn't their fault. Nobody is arguing that they aren't the root and cause of all our woes - the point merely comes from what we SHOULD be expecting, compared to what we WANT to happen.

Prime example - this thread. No matter what transfer business WE do, it'll never be good enough to appease the anger thats built up over 6 years. That's why it should be discussed in isolation. We've started pre season with players and sold them prior to the season, before the Raos, and we will do it again after they've gone. Don't go all TP and fill your brain with this "we are being deliberately pushed downwards" crap. It's about as boring and trite as it gets.

You've renewed and will be coming with me again next season, if every missed shot, foul, bad referee or substitution comes down to "it's Venkys fault"... I'll be moving away or inviting you to taste the "tarmac".... oooo you're hard haha :) 

Just now, tomphil said:

The outgoings will at least match the incomings in terms of transfer fees under Venkys i'm pretty sure so they haven't lost dollar one there. Annual loses now crunched into the  overall VLL/VH group accounts so they aren't losing any real money there either that's why the whole charade will roll on and on.

Probably not the original idea but certainly something their financial whizz kids have come up with post embargo once the partners had accounted for all the parachute income with their scandalous signings, contracts and percentages.

Hence why there has been a recognisable shift away from at one stage giving free reign to sign as many as the manager wanted, shelling out on the wages and stumping up for the pay offs to now where they'll allow some in but only once more has gone out the other way first.

1 hour ago, Batman. said:

This has all got a bit tasty. Who's introducing who to what tarmac?

Look forget Mayweather v Mcgregor get to BRFCS that's where the real trash talk is at !

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Please tell us what are the facts ?

Are they facts as YOU know them or are they just based on theory and you simply refusing to want to believe anything other than Venkys making a mess and are completely innocent of any form of dark play simply because that's easier for you to understand ?

Rather odd for someone who's been on record as painting Kean & co as corrupt but their partners are not ?

I'm not the one suggesting Venkys are complicit in a long con to put Rovers in the third tier. I'm also not able to understand why a business would chuck best part of 200m down a black hole intentionally, but then again I'm no accountant or a business owner. Tax potentially, but the onus of proof is on those who believe this. My opinion on the scenario sits with what we've read over their tenure, the news is out there - and it's not on "sportskeeda" or tribal football sites

Kean, Anderson, Huber, FIFA, etc... do I really need to explain why I believe these absolutely crooked? 

Just now, JHRover said:

Hence why there has been a recognisable shift away from at one stage giving free reign to sign as many as the manager wanted, shelling out on the wages and stumping up for the pay offs to now where they'll allow some in but only once more has gone out the other way first.

Yes post embargo money out v money in shows a massive profit in fee terms. Ok the bigger picture it looks like that money is going to running the club but the percentages will still go out. 10% of 30 million is still a nice little earner.

Pre embargo I think before Rhodes was signed they were 10 million plus up on outs v ins. Rhodes 8 mill then a couple of years later the last few mill given to Bowyer maybe ?

Now it's a tight ship with nothing put in again for actual fees just a tiny bit so far under absolute desperation re invested whilst the rest goes towards the bills, minus that % of course.

5 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

Reading that, we'll be lucky to get £200k for Mahoney - all in.

Football the sport is great. Football 'the game' is rubbish.

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

So no answer then BDS?

Replying to your own posts. Strange

You know how much was wasted on signing  players, their wages and then paying off their contracts after they didn't work out. Plus paying off managers and their backroom teams. Whether it was evened out with incoming fees is irrelevant because I wasn't saying that it was.The fact remains that it was still spent. 

Archived