SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Alan Myers believes Sheff Utd are gonna come back for a third time for Lenihan.

Need to give them a stern 'hands off'.

That's all it takes a simple NO.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's all it takes a simple NO.

In a time when players have agents, advisors and managers use the same hangers on, it's never that simple.

1 minute ago, Biz said:

In a time when players & the selling club have agents, advisors and managers use the same hangers on, it's never that simple.

A bit more meat needed on that bone, so there you go.

50 minutes ago, DE. said:

Might as well sign Akinfenwa. He has a better goal record.

Not a bad shout you get the idea somebody who just dwells on the ball at crucial times invites fouls just disrupts the game in a favourable way when the opposition are pushing. Not the best style of football but in this league to grind out results.

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A bit more meat needed on that bone, so there you go.

Precisely. When the decision potentially falls at a minimum of three people of each club (i.e. Player, manager and chairman), it's never simple.

17 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

giphy.gif

Nothing.. nada.. niet...

This is definitely not the Transfers thread anymore..

https://media.giphy.com/media/O38dU2kkQ9sWc/giphy.gif

Blackburn Rovers transfer window: 1st June - Season Ticket Deadline Day. 

1 hour ago, Disenfranchised said:

See my post & J*B's reply for clarification...

Clarification of what? Some of our fans love a good moan? I didn't need that clarifying thanks! 

I expect us a to pick a few loans up when squads start taking shape. 

2 hours ago, gazsimm said:

yes not in league 1 though, get him fit and he will bang in loads that's if he is actually signing for us!!

Another crap scouser at Ewood ?

A big NO NO !

1 minute ago, JAL said:

A big NO NO !

We all know it did not plan out for DM at Ewood but it does not mean it won't work out for other experienced players. If Lambert signs and TM get's him fit he will do a good job for us in League 1

4 minutes ago, gazsimm said:

We all know it did not plan out for DM at Ewood but it does not mean it won't work out for other experienced players. If Lambert signs and TM get's him fit he will do a good job for us in League 1

I'd rather we didn't take that risk tbf. Lambert genuinely for Cardiff according to there MBs looks finished, never blessed with speed he used to have a knack of being in the right positions at the right time. Goal scorers genuinely need regular minutes to keep that sharpness up additionally scoring goals and confidence cannot be underestimated. Lambert represents a significant risk given since Liverpool he's become much a maglined player.

47 minutes ago, JAL said:

A big NO NO !

Do you work for the Sun? I only ask because to seem to hate scousers and foreigners... :) 

Easy to say he will light up league 1 but he didnt do anything of note in the Championship. The fact that others in the league above are not clamoring for his signing should say a lot. At least Whittingham did a job last season and had interest from Championship clubs before choosing us. I would not want to go overboard on signing +35 year olds though as we should be building a squad that will not only get us out of League 1 but one that will also be able to at least handle itself in the league above.

Marquis should be looked at definitely. Top scorer and Player of the Season from League 2, 25 years old. Spent most of his career being shipped out on loan for Millwall but as soon as he nailed down a permanent move and was an ever present he has shown what he is capable of. Year left on his contract so will take a fee...over to you Venkys.

There's been repeated noise that there is nothing in Lambert to Rovers but you never know i'd wager there's an agent or two thinking they might get him a deal here like nowhere else.

It's simple really if he was to come as back up/squad man on a couple of grand per week he might be ok. Unlike Brown being a defender that couldn't run nor defend anymore a striker of a bit of quality if you can plonk the ball on his head or infront of him he'll score so might be useful to have around.

If he's coming as a cheapo replacement for Graham or to sit on the bench, treatment room on 6k per week then don't darken our doors. I'd be very disappointed in Mowbray if that proved to be the case.

Hopefully this goes away there's people out there who can contribute more and a couple of late exits by Graham & Stokes would see Lambert as only striker, alarm bells would ring then.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why do fans on  here keep talking about Graham potentially leaving? He has said he wants to stay. Mowbray has said he wants him to stay. I would say he will definitely be here next season and will more than likely be our top scorer 

starting to think some Rovers fans want us to sell him

Echo most sentiments on here regarding RL he should only be considered as a low level punt regarding money. If hes serious about still playing at his time of career money should be a secondary concern as long as someone can guarantee him gametime.

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why do fans on  here keep talking about Graham potentially leaving? He has said he wants to stay. Mowbray has said he wants him to stay. I would say he will definitely be here next season and will more than likely be our top scorer 

Ultimately, whilst the window is still open anyone is up for grabs really. We all know that every player has his price and if a Championship club takes a punt on Graham, would you still expect I'm to stay?

9 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

Echo most sentiments on here regarding RL he should only be considered as a low level punt regarding money. If hes serious about still playing at his time of career money should be a secondary concern as long as someone can guarantee him gametime.

It stands to reason that if he is retiring soon he will want a contract that gives him at least some pay out. If I was 35 and coming to the end of my footballing career I'd want the biggest contract available to me to make me get up and play, especially with the increased risk of injuries at that age.

This idea he should play for peanuts just because of his age is ridiculous. It is in OUR interest his wages are low, not his and I suspect he goes by his own interests rather than ours. He owes us nothing.

We shouldn't buy him because he'd be money gone for nothing. We should put the money we'd spend on him an a younger striker with at least some potential of resale. 

Archived