BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Girona Fc - Home 30 July 2016

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know who Steph Brawn is but I do wonder what she was watching on Saturday. It certainly wasn't the same game as I watched.

That opening paragraph is almost laughable.

'TO OVERCOME any Spanish side, a team requires speed, swagger and composure.

Blackburn Rovers fans would not have been overly convinced that their team could display those traits against Girona FC after failing to beat the lower ranked Morecambe, Rochdale and Blackpool in their last three games.

But they needn’t have panicked, for Owen Coyle’s men, despite being held to a draw against the Catalan side, showed technical prowess throughout and the former Clarets boss may have finally proved that his side have the ability to finish high up the Championship table this season.'

Baffling. Technical prowess? Swagger and composure? I think a 5 year old could have made more sense.

I don't know who Steph Brawn is but I do wonder what she was watching on Saturday. It certainly wasn't the same game as I watched.

That opening paragraph is almost laughable.

'TO OVERCOME any Spanish side, a team requires speed, swagger and composure.

Blackburn Rovers fans would not have been overly convinced that their team could display those traits against Girona FC after failing to beat the lower ranked Morecambe, Rochdale and Blackpool in their last three games.

But they needn’t have panicked, for Owen Coyle’s men, despite being held to a draw against the Catalan side, showed technical prowess throughout and the former Clarets boss may have finally proved that his side have the ability to finish high up the Championship table this season.'

Baffling. Technical prowess? Swagger and composure? I think a 5 year old could have made more sense.

Perhaps she spent a little too much time in hospitality beforehand. Certainly a different game to the one I watched.

Just how much does an established English Championship side need to overcome the Spanish 3rd tier equivalent of Rochdale or someone ?

They might be Catalans but that where the similarities to exotic Spanish football ends. The 2nd and 3rd tiers are well known to be crap over there.

Remember us beating full-strength Barcelona in both pre-season games we played against them?

One of the games was played at Girona's ground if I remember correctly- we won 3-1 with a Shearer hattrick.

We won the other 1 - 0 in a 'behind closed door' pre-season game. Can't remember who scored for us.

We won the other 1 - 0 in a 'behind closed door' pre-season game. Can't remember who scored for us.

Yes- so we played them 3 times and won all 3. That one behind closed doors was I think on the same trip as the 3-1 win in Spain.

Archived