BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Girona Fc - Home 30 July 2016

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben Toner is the ref today a local lad and a Rovers fan. He was fourth official at Burnley a couple of years back and got some real abuse. He is a nice lad and I hope he goes far in the game.

Agree. Nice lad is Ben.

I'm not a good boycotter and caved in after kid pressure. Anyway we were far from impressive and they had plenty of chances. The last 20 mins they camped in our half.

Coyle is just strange. His shouting got louder and louder in a really weird voice. At first when I did not know it was him I thought the was a disturbance somewhere in the ground. He also had bizarre socks up to his knees.

He seems like a really old fashion manager and the player did not seem to take much notice of him.

Next week could be tricky.

Danny Graham is our best player by a miles. In a class of his own

Way short of fitness Chaddy. Will need to do some fitness training.

We need a centre half too. Ward was not great and Greer's legs have gone. Too slow to catch a cold but another excellent pointer just like Julie.

Any idea of the attendance?

Around 2k ish.

In terms of the game, some decent attacking play but sometimes defending awful.

We need 3 or 4 players in this week. Centre half, left back, pacey striker a must.

Thought Byrne isnt good defensive to be the deep midfielder in a 3 man midfield.

Lenihan or Evans should be the holding midfielder

I was impressed with Girona's style of play. Fluid, pass and run football which was easy on the eye. I've still to be impressed with the likes of Byrne and Stokes, both of whom were very disappointing. We badly need a couple of decent full-backs and a commanding presence in the centre of defence who can actually organise the players around them. If only we could find another John McNamee or Kevin Moran. Neither were particularly quick, but could read the game. Hopefully, Greer might be able to do that job as I thought Ward and Duffy looked very unsure as a partnership. In truth we are probably four or five players short of being a decent mid-table outfit. Sadly, with no money available to him I don't envy Coyle as he tries to pick up loans and freebies. Nothing I've seen in pre-season suggests anything other than a desperate relegation battle - it should be a very interesting season.

Absolutely awful

Graham in a class of his own Chaddy?? What are you smoking? He looked unfit and barely had the Girona defence break a sweat, I know you are positive , but please don't invent things that did not happen!!!!

Any way my thoughts

Coyle never stopped shouting, I was 5 metres away and couldnt understand a word, it sounded like a dog barking in the garden.

Steele - Never a number 1 and picked uo where he was 95% of the time last season, woeful and positionally all over the place.

Henley - aint a left back and the new lad brought in from West Ham aint much better

Duffy , Ward and Greer to be fair were as bad as each other.

Akpan- Like Bambi on ice.

Bennett and Feeney should be no-where near a rovers starting line up and if our hopes are on these two , god help us.

Stokes - Goodwillie in disguise but looked worse

Byrne showed some good touches but in deep positions.

As games go , (i know its a friendly) but after the first half i wanted to get off home, little one persuaded me to stay and second half was no better.

Unless a 500% improvement rovers will be cut adrift come Xmas at the foot of the table.

Worse pound for pound squad i have winessed since starting to attend rovers in 1983.

Around 2k ish.

In terms of the game, some decent attacking play but sometimes defending awful.

We need 3 or 4 players in this week. Centre half, left back, pacey striker a must.

Thought Byrne isnt good defensive to be the deep midfielder in a 3 man midfield.

Lenihan or Evans should be the holding midfielder

Standard Coyle that chaddy pal.

So the general consensus from what has been witnessed in pre-season on the pitch, boardroom and transfer market is to enjoy this week before the most humbling, embarrassing and heart breaking season we have witnessed as fans for 25+ years.

Worse pound for pound squad i have winessed since starting to attend rovers in 1983.

I must admit that I can only think of the latter part of 70-71 and the start of 71-72 when we had first team squads that were worse than what we have now. I don't think Coyle has any option but to throw the kids in and hope for the best.

A lot worse pal. Can't say I'm looking forward to the visit of Norwich next week. Does anyone know who will play at county tomorrow or if any of today's lot will play again

A lot worse pal. Can't say I'm looking forward to the visit of Norwich next week. Does anyone know who will play at county tomorrow or if any of today's lot will play again

So the general consensus from what has been witnessed in pre-season on the pitch, boardroom and transfer market is to enjoy this week before the most humbling, embarrassing and heart breaking season we have witnessed as fans for 25+ years.

In a nutshell, yep.

Sounds like today was another awful performance, against poor opposition, bringing a poor result, in front of a league 2 sized crowd, with a clueless manager.

It will be a miracle if we don't finish bottom.

Archived