BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Girona Fc - Home 30 July 2016

More blaming of fellow fans from the "holier-than-thou's" of our fanbase...

Yeah let's give Venky's a taste of the self-sustainability they might be able to achieve with a packed out Ewood... Then they'll be here forever, woohoo!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't sure where to put this, but look at the difference between Coyle's comments and those of a proper manager in Dyche:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14653001.Owen_Coyle__delighted__with_Rovers_display_in__tough_test__against_Girona_FC/?ref=mac

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14653008.Sean_Dyche_tells_Clarets_players_last_half_hour_at_Rangers_was__unacceptable_/?ref=mr&lp=2

I didn't go yesterday so cannot comment on the performance, but seemed (from twitter) we were cut open a lot and we were taking a lot of long shots without breaking them down. No surprise Coyley is delighted.

From the game in Austria (watched online), I thought Graham and a few others looked a bit fat/unfit. Wouldn't be surprised if that's still the case from what we've heard of Coyle's training regime.

I was in the family stand area which was in the main stand next to the away end. I do recall there being a big following. I also recall the line of coaches stuck in traffic going through Nottingham and missing the first 15 minutes due to the delay.

We were 2 nil down when we scored towards the end of the game. A looping volley from the edge of the area. Possibly the only goal this player scored for us. Bit of a cult hero!

Yes I remember hundreds of Rovers fans legging it up the road after they just started jumping off the coaches stopped in a jam about half a mile away. Police looked a bit worried lol didn't see most of my pals again all night till we got back on the coach after.

You've got a good memory I can't recall much from the match at all, least of all who scored. Great days though.

Not Richard Brown ?

Wasn't sure where to put this, but look at the difference between Coyle's comments and those of a proper manager in Dyche:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14653001.Owen_Coyle__delighted__with_Rovers_display_in__tough_test__against_Girona_FC/?ref=mac

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14653008.Sean_Dyche_tells_Clarets_players_last_half_hour_at_Rangers_was__unacceptable_/?ref=mr&lp=2

I didn't go yesterday so cannot comment on the performance, but seemed (from twitter) we were cut open a lot and we were taking a lot of long shots without breaking them down. No surprise Coyley is delighted.

From the game in Austria (watched online), I thought Graham and a few others looked a bit fat/unfit. Wouldn't be surprised if that's still the case from what we've heard of Coyle's training regime.

Grahams been working out all summer with some fitness club thing which kept tweeting pics of him. Always seemed to be pumping iron though so maybe that's why the timber. Always seems to happen when they drop from the Prem though to a pie and peas training regime.

Hope he's not in wind down mode now he's got a nice contract in the bag.

It's their club. This is their disaster. They have created it. Blackburn Rovers FC died years ago. The local people who care have been removed. The long term employees have been sacked.

Name me one piece of the current Blackburn Rovers set up that you can identify with. The manager? Chairman? Owners? Players? The only bit left of Blackburn Rovers is the fact that Ewood Park is still there, blue and white kits are worn and they train on Jacks Brockhall.

Using recent history, Venkys will be here forever.

So why are you even interested? Because you care for a club that is dead?

The local people, the Walker family, cared so much that they sold it off without doing proper due diligence. They are the ones to blame.

More blaming of fellow fans from the "holier-than-thou's" of our fanbase...

Yeah let's give Venky's a taste of the self-sustainability they might be able to achieve with a packed out Ewood... Then they'll be here forever, woohoo!

The worse thing being mustard is after all the damage and ill feeling the two hats from Pune have caused,we still have supporters who cannot/will not see the bigger picture.

It just leaves you bereft.

• Backroom

The worse thing being mustard is after all the damage and ill feeling the two hats from Pune have caused,we still have supporters who cannot/will not see the bigger picture.

It just leaves you bereft.

When I see Venky's being compared to Mike Ashley I just shake my head. Both poor owners, but in totally different ways, with Venky's being much further down on the destructive end of the scale.

Graham was in the paper the other day saying it's the hardest pre-season he's ever had. I very much doubt he's unfit or overweight at all.

Yes I remember hundreds of Rovers fans legging it up the road after they just started jumping off the coaches stopped in a jam about half a mile away. Police looked a bit worried lol didn't see most of my pals again all night till we got back on the coach after.

You've got a good memory I can't recall much from the match at all, least of all who scored. Great days though.

Not Richard Brown ?

Correct! Bit of a cult hero amongst my mates and I! He cost me a tenner in a bet a couple of years ago as to whether he played in the premier league or not. I said he didn't; I was wrong! He started in the 7-1 win over Norwich!

So why are you even interested? Because you care for a club that is dead?

The local people, the Walker family, cared so much that they sold it off without doing proper due diligence. They are the ones to blame.

I'm just hanging around waiting for them to go, Vinjay.

Agreed.

I do find it incredible how his contribution is forgotten by many on here.

And to throw out "twice the player" just to support a blind argument grated on me.

Graham was brilliant last season, and I like his work ethic, but to rely on his goals alone to keep us up is terrifying.

Just to put this to bed, once and for all...

ACEB11A3-73CE-4399-9770-DBB7EC3E0578.jpg

:lol:

Graham was in the paper the other day saying it's the hardest pre-season he's ever had. I very much doubt he's unfit or overweight at all.

Maybe it's been especially hard because he was unfit or overweight going into it? He certainly looked it in the game over in Austria though.

Fa cup 4th round replay in 1992. Night match at Meadow Lane. We got beat 2-1. I was there as a young 8 year old. Today's quiz question - who scored for Rovers that night?!

nb I've just checked on the Internet and it seems it wasn't a replay but the first game. Unusual for a night match

I was there. Behind the goal terracing.

In my mind Newell scored. Something stirs in my mind that it was controversial.

I remember going under Don. Towards end of season. Really hot day. Think we got thumped.

Something just not right about middle aged blokes wearing full football kits if they aren't playing in a veterans match or something :blink:

At least put some shinnies on and roll your socks down Owen if you want to look the part !

Archived