BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Girona Fc - Home 30 July 2016

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the general consensus from what has been witnessed in pre-season on the pitch, boardroom and transfer market is to enjoy this week before the most humbling, embarrassing and heart breaking season we have witnessed as fans for 25+ years.

25%+ years? This I feel is the lowest point in my time as a Rovers fan of 50+ years. Mind you I expect that to be exceeded come May 2017, if I'm still around, God willing. :(

Good move and finish for the Rovers goal but a sucker punch 90 secs later..................cant defend a lead

Henley his usual unreliable self....................the opposite to Roland Nilsson as a full back who never wasted a ball.

Akpan with his obligatory just too late performance.

Feeney and Elliot despite their pace never really troubled the full backs.

Girona ran the show for last half hour after Byrne went off. Their midfield duo were a joy to watch.

We have a one paced midfield that is very predictable and one paced. No variety or surprise coming out of that part of the pitch.

25%+ years? This I feel is the lowest point in my time as a Rovers fan of 50+ years. Mind you I expect that to be exceeded come May 2017, if I'm still around, God willing. :(

I'm 32 so can't comment on what I haven't lived through but I'm certainly expecting the worst I've ever seen. I've had the good times so as a football fan you've got to take the worst!

Absolutely awful

Graham in a class of his own Chaddy?? What are you smoking? He looked unfit and barely had the Girona defence break a sweat, I know you are positive , but please don't invent things that did not happen!!!!

I haven't I already said we were poor defensively.

Oh I'm sorry Glen, I forget I'm not allow to disagree with you. Graham had some good touches a couple of good pieces of skills. Second half he looked knackered tho.

Don't lecture me on Inventing things Glen.

I've got to say that Girona were better than I thought they would be and technically far superior to Rovers, they could and probably should of been out of sight by half-time except for some poor finishing - once again we failed to create much of any real quality in the final third and the goal from Marshall was a very brief highlight on what was another poor pre-season match. Yes we are unbeaten, but we haven't played anybody of note in terms of opposition and as many have said its going to be a long old season ahead.

It doesn't appear the Hanley money is going to drop onto the desk of Coyle so its imperative that we keep Duffy - the best of a average/poor 3 centre backs we have. Having watched Stokes and Bryne closely after I thought my initial thoughts my have been a tad harsh, unfortunately they weren't and am not sure either will make a significant impact on what is already a very poor squad.

I predict a very long, unhappy season ahead for those of you who have a season ticket...

EDIT - as an aside, I'm pretty sure that Gerald Jackson plugged season ticket THREE times during half-time although it was difficult to tell as it genuinely seemed like two songs were playing at once WHILE he was talking - all very strange. Finally god help the people who sit back/centre of the Riverside as I can't see how the new TV gantry won't obstruct their view.

I was worried that Graham might lose all fitness form and motivation once he signed a permanent contract and reading between the lines it sounds as though we have a lethal (for us) mix of not having a goal in us unless Marshall scores combined with an extremely dodgy defence.

We'll obviously still be miles better off than we were with you know who notching 20 + goals a season though.......

What do people expect? We were pretty poor last year and we've sold our best players. Its been getting progressively worse since 2011 so this is no surprise.

Yes, I know, Venkys out Venkys out Venkys out etc etc. I'm just getting bored of it. Nothing the fans do will change anything. We've clearly gone beyond that. There are no quick fixes. The damage done is too much to undo in one season or two.

A part of me still cares. A part of me will always care. But for the first time I can really remember, I'm dreading the new season. League One football could be the death of this club.

I was worried that Graham might lose all fitness form and motivation once he signed a permanent contract and reading between the lines it sounds as though we have a lethal (for us) mix of not having a goal in us unless Marshall scores combined with an extremely dodgy defence.

We'll obviously still be miles better off than we were with you know who notching 20 + goals a season though.......

Because that's the biggest problem we currently face.. .

Obviously selling our best defenders and midfielders would make no difference if we only had Jordan up front... Jesus.

I still care about Rovers.

I am their biggest fan (others will also rightly claim to be even bigger fans, and are probably right) and have followed them for 50+ years.

I always look on this website and the rovers.com thingy, I will do away games (not all) but I feel well and truly shafted by our owners.

I cannot bring myself to go down to Ewood and witness the death of an institution, a community Club that was once supported and followed all across Blackburn and Darwen and the likes of Leylanders like myself.

I am still angry. Normally I pass thru that emotion very quickly and look forward to rebuilding. I see non of that under the V's - I see only disaster, I would rather spend my time with family and friends rather than watch the destruction MY team.

I still care about Rovers.

I am their biggest fan (others will also rightly claim to be even bigger fans, and are probably right) and have followed them for 50+ years.

I always look on this website and the rovers.com thingy, I will do away games (not all) but I feel well and truly shafted by our owners.

I cannot bring myself to go down to Ewood and witness the death of an institution, a community Club that was once supported and followed all across Blackburn and Darwen and the likes of Leylanders like myself.

I am still angry. Normally I pass thru that emotion very quickly and look forward to rebuilding. I see non of that under the V's - I see only disaster, I would rather spend my time with family and friends rather than watch the destruction MY team.

I've cut back my contribution, but maintain a healthy interest in the forum. I agree entirely with your post as it mirrors my thoughts. I'm a baby at 40-years, but have had enough of our stay-away owners contempt. The comments today do nothing to make me think relegation under the regime is inevitable. I am devastated to not be going, but I've had other things to deal with, which in life are slightly more important and so my beloved Rovers have been put on the back burner. I will return post idiots.

Sounds little different to rest of pre season then. Sad state of affairs when lads go with would rather go to Notts county tomorrow than see a penny of our money go into Ewood and our regal owners pocket.

Don't even have the home fixtures in the calendar these days. During August will go meadow lane friendly, then field mill week on Tuesday, maybe Wigan away or maybe Lancs v Yorkshire week on Saturday and depending on what work allows me to do a Wednesday night in Cardiff but one thing's for certain I will never pass through the gates of Ewood until the venkys bugger off.

Wasn't there today but so many worries for Coyle to answer to already:

- How at this stage is Danny Graham looking unfit, hes had no injuries all pre season?

- Why is Jason Lowe seemingly going to be our captain? A joke. Shouldn't be near the team.

- In the last main pre season game (he said tomorrow will be alot of young players), how are Henley and Akpan anywhere near the team?

- Why is he so reluctant to pair Stokes and Graham up top together in pre-season to build a partnership?

I snapped a picture of the blackburn end during the game. If anyone is interested and can tell me how to post a picture I'll put it up. Sparse.

Sparse anyway now top bit shut. I take it the new lovely camera gantry is fixed forward? Wouldn't want it to be able to pan around the three packed sides?

Sparse anyway now top bit shut. I take it the new lovely camera gantry is fixed forward? Wouldn't want it to be able to pan around the three packed sides?

You've got to think that there is a sales pitch being readied. Cram as many people as you can into the three best stands and point the cameras at it. They just need a 'problem' with the Riverside, or a price hike, to get folk out and it will be TV ready even with sub-10,000 crowds.

Here's hoping.

You've got to think that there is a sales pitch being readied. Cram as many people as you can into the three best stands and point the cameras at it. They just need a 'problem' with the Riverside, or a price hike, to get folk out and it will be TV ready even with sub-10,000 crowds.

Here's hoping.

Stuart, I'm amazed they haven't relocated the Riverside to the other bits at cost price. Didn't occur to the accountant obviously - why keep the Riverside open - the entire "crowd" can be accommodated in the JW stand & BE lower, away fans in DE. Looks great in Loon land.

- How at this stage is Danny Graham looking unfit, hes had no injuries all pre season?

- Why is Jason Lowe seemingly going to be our captain? A joke. Shouldn't be near the team.

- In the last main pre season game (he said tomorrow will be alot of young players), how are Henley and Akpan anywhere near the team?

- Why is he so reluctant to pair Stokes and Graham up top together in pre-season to build a partnership?

Think Graham has pick up a couple of knocks in pre season.

Dont think Stokes is a main striker more off a striker who played wide left of a front 3.

When both played together at Blackpool Stokes and Graham couldnt read each other game and link up together enough.

Re the fitness. My Bolton mate told me immediately we hired Coyle that the players wouldn't be anywhere near fit for playing football but would become superb table tennis players.

Stuart, I'm amazed they haven't relocated the Riverside to the other bits at cost price. Didn't occur to the accountant obviously - why keep the Riverside open - the entire "crowd" can be accommodated in the JW stand & BE lower, away fans in DE. Looks great in Loon land.

One thing at a time. Bad enough upsetting the families. Another thing putting a couple of thousand Riversiders noses out of joint. Now they would get upset. If anything, they should have been moved to the JW lower and found room for the family stand in the upper BBE corner of the JW or somewhere in the BBE.

Trouble is they know that they can't upset the hardcore. It's fine to ruin the club and downgrade the playing staff but take away their favourite view of the post-Venkageddon wasteland, and it could all go Tango Uniform very quickly.

Dont think Stokes is a main striker more off a striker who played wide left of a front 3.

When both played together at Blackpool Stokes and Graham couldnt read each other game and link up together enough.

He's probably best when he's playing up top with another striker. His best period at Celtic was when him and Gary Hooper played together.

They need game time to develop an understanding together. Partnerships don't always click straight away.

I think much of our season depends on how well these two can link up together and whether they can score enough goals to keep us up.

One thing at a time. Bad enough upsetting the families. Another thing putting a couple of thousand Riversiders noses out of joint. Now they would get upset. If anything, they should have been moved to the JW lower and found room for the family stand in the upper BBE corner of the JW or somewhere in the BBE.

Trouble is they know that they can't upset the hardcore. It's fine to ruin the club and downgrade the playing staff but take away their favourite view of the post-Venkageddon wasteland, and it could all go Tango Uniform very quickly.

It is a waste of time having the Riverside open. I would shut it tomorrow and move what is left of the Riversiders into the JW Upper at no extra cost.

The Riverside can be an overflow stand for when big clubs like Newcastle, Preston and Villa visit.

It is a waste of time having the Riverside open. I would shut it tomorrow and move what is left of the Riversiders into the JW Upper at no extra cost.

The Riverside can be an overflow stand for when big clubs like Newcastle, Preston and Villa visit.

A few short years ago I'd have been mortified at the very thought. However, having moved out this Summer, it wouldn't affect me but also I can feel myself caring less and less.

In other news, I've just seen a clip on TheRovers Fb page of that eejit shouting like a numpty from the dugout (I couldn't bring myself to watch the entire 8 minutes - fair play to the guy filming it). In a virtually empty stadium that's going to get very annoying very quickly.

When did he pick up a knock? Not seen anything to suggest that.

And so you are saying, as they didnt gain an instant understanding, we should give up on it? They need time thats the point of playing them together.

A few short years ago I'd have been mortified at the very thought. However, having moved out this Summer, it wouldn't affect me but also I can feel myself caring less and less.

In other news, I've just seen a clip on TheRovers Fb page of that eejit shouting like a numpty from the dugout (I couldn't bring myself to watch the entire 8 minutes - fair play to the guy filming it). In a virtually empty stadium that's going to get very annoying very quickly.

it was really loud and sort of weird. If things start to go bad it will really grate people.

Archived