BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Girona Fc - Home 30 July 2016

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Movement twice of that of Rhodes ? If you're using numeracy to quantify,then Graham should score and contribute double than Rhodes did.

Odd.

I honestly don't know why it keeps being brought up - and, again, not by me. Rhodes was brilliant for Blackburn Rovers, the squad he was in, less so.

The suggestion was that his value and wages were preventing us strengthening the rest of the team. Well that's been proven false. We got lucky in bringing him in and he became a target because people felt he was holding us back, financially, and despite his obvious contribution, so this ludicrous 'running the channels' problem was invented. Other notable players hold us back far more, and could easily have their weaknesses focussed on, but get less grief because they are cheaper so we expect less.

Don't need record books Stuart. Just watching Graham's movement and hold up play, his ability to control the ball etc. tells me he is a far superior footballer than someone who is no longer with us.

Unfortunately pb to be a successful striker it's all about goals scored and the one who is no longer with us has scored over 20 per season for the last seven years unlike graham

I honestly don't know why it keeps being brought up - and, again, not by me. Rhodes was brilliant for Blackburn Rovers, the squad he was in, less so.

The suggestion was that his value and wages were preventing us strengthening the rest of the team. Well that's been proven false. We got lucky in bringing him in and he became a target because people felt he was holding us back, financially, and despite his obvious contribution, so this ludicrous 'running the channels' problem was invented. Other notable players hold us back far more, and could easily have their weaknesses focussed on, but get less grief because they are cheaper so we expect less.

Agreed.

I do find it incredible how his contribution is forgotten by many on here.

And to throw out "twice the player" just to support a blind argument grated on me.

Graham was brilliant last season, and I like his work ethic, but to rely on his goals alone to keep us up is terrifying.

Fully understand peoples feelings in the current situation but staying away from Ewood is achieving absolutely nothing. It just makes for a more depressing atmosphere with a stadium half empty (or half full) for the players, management and fans.

Hell, our players are even leaving for Newcastle where the owner has been shown to be no better than Venkys in the way he operates.

You misunderstand. We are staying away because attending we cannot support Venkys in any way, shape or form. The fact Ewood is a morgue isn't to do with boycotts, it's what Venkys deserve.

I've got to wonder whether some of you guys know a good display when you see one. Coyle reckons we played really well............

He said: "I was delighted with how this afternoon went I knew it was going to be a tough test, FC Girona have just missed out with the play-offs for La Liga for the past two years.

"Technically we passed and moved the ball very well, I felt in the last 15 minutes when we made substitutions we kind of lost a little bit of impotus but prior to that some of the play was terrific.

"We were comfortable on the ball, their keeper had to make some maginifcent saves in the second half from Duffy and Lenihan, and when we had to defend against good players we did it.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14653001.Owen_Coyle__delighted__with_Rovers_display_in__tough_test__against_Girona_FC/?ref=mac

No better than Venkys? He's got a proper manager and, amongst other things, has just spent 5.5m on our captain. Other than (the useless) Rhodes when was the last time Venkys took a first team player from another team that they didn't want to sell. He may be a lot of things but he is a million times better than the executioners.08D71F39-F2C3-427C-96DB-C4B46E5483EE.jpe

Sadly it will look fairly similar for a number of home league and cup games this season.

It sounds like Coyle will use a number of the younger players in the game at Notts County. Should be an interesting test for them. I will be particularly interested in watching Jack Doyle as he must have a shout at starting at left-back. Looking forward to this one as it has been a number of years since I was last at Meadow Lane. I suspect a number of older members on here will remember Sir Roger's world class save at that ground on Easter Saturday 1973. One of those footballing moments you never forget. Over 22,000 on the Lane that day for a Third Division promotion battle.

I cannot recall that game but I do remember a more recent game at Meadow Lane (FA Cup?) in the late 70's or early 80's. Can you recall that game please Parson?

I cannot recall that game but I do remember a more recent game at Meadow Lane (FA Cup?) in the late 70's or early 80's. Can you recall that game please Parson?

I remember travelling to Meadow lane twice in one season - once in the league and once in the FA cup. I also remember Marshall Burke playing there for rovers (I think).

Sadly it will look fairly similar for a number of home league and cup games this season.

Fa cup 4th round replay in 1992. Night match at Meadow Lane. We got beat 2-1. I was there as a young 8 year old. Today's quiz question - who scored for Rovers that night?!

nb I've just checked on the Internet and it seems it wasn't a replay but the first game. Unusual for a night match

I remember travelling to Meadow lane twice in one season - once in the league and once in the FA cup. I also remember Marshall Burke playing there for rovers (I think).

Just about remember attending this game in the early 70's, we stood amongst County fans(not sure if there was any segregation, but we regularly seemed to be amongst the home fans wherever we went), we lost so we didn't get promoted,, we travelled in my uncles old Austin, a Rovers fan put two fingers up at me after the game! My dad's bad mood all the way home. Nothing about the game!

You misunderstand. We are staying away because attending we cannot support Venkys in any way, shape or form. The fact Ewood is a morgue isn't to do with boycotts, it's what Venkys deserve.

I go to support the team not Venkys. Because this is MY club not theirs. They may own 99.5 % of the shares but they own NIL % of supporters hearts.

We will be here long after they've gone and they're not going to stop me doing what I love.

Fa cup 4th round replay in 1992. Night match at Meadow Lane. We got beat 2-1. I was there as a young 8 year old. Today's quiz question - who scored for Rovers that night?!

nb I've just checked on the Internet and it seems it wasn't a replay but the first game. Unusual for a night match

If I remember rightly was postponed on the Saturday, Do remember it being quite wet and cold travelling down and back for the re-arranged game

I go to support the team not Venkys. Because this is MY club not theirs. They may own 99.5 % of the shares but they own NIL % of supporters hearts.

We will be here long after they've gone and they're not going to stop me doing what I love.

..and you won't be alone on that either!

It's their club. This is their disaster. They have created it. Blackburn Rovers FC died years ago. The local people who care have been removed. The long term employees have been sacked.

Name me one piece of the current Blackburn Rovers set up that you can identify with. The manager? Chairman? Owners? Players? The only bit left of Blackburn Rovers is the fact that Ewood Park is still there, blue and white kits are worn and they train on Jacks Brockhall.

Using recent history, Venkys will be here forever.

Blackburn Rovers FC died years ago. .

This is almost as frustrating to read as "Venkys FC"...

The club is very much alive, despite being a shadow of its former self, and it will be dead much sooner without fans.

It is a waste of time having the Riverside open. I would shut it tomorrow and move what is left of the Riversiders into the JW Upper at no extra cost.

The Riverside can be an overflow stand for when big clubs like Newcastle, Preston and Villa visit.

And upset another load of fans by telling them they have to move. The disaster of shutting the family stand is bad enough without pissing of another section.

Graham has played well in pre-season - and scored goals. You are right though, Graham is a far better centre-forward and footballer than you know who.

He looked well unfit and one paced yesterday. I hope it was just because it was a friendly.

This is almost as frustrating to read as "Venkys FC"...

The club is very much alive, despite being a shadow of its former self, and it will be dead much sooner without fans.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

It will come back to life once the Indians have bled it dry. The fans will rally around together as one, like we haven't seen for years now and will pull the club back up. It'll be beautiful - see you then.

It sounds like Coyle will use a number of the younger players in the game at Notts County. Should be an interesting test for them. I will be particularly interested in watching Jack Doyle as he must have a shout at starting at left-back. Looking forward to this one as it has been a number of years since I was last at Meadow Lane. I suspect a number of older members on here will remember Sir Roger's world class save at that ground on Easter Saturday 1973. One of those footballing moments you never forget. Over 22,000 on the Lane that day for a Third Division promotion battle.

Does Doyle play left back? He looked a skilful but extremely lightweight central midfielder to me. Too small for defensive midfield. Girona went straight through him. Lenihan looked a lot stronger when he substituted for him.

EDIT - Sorry mixed up Doyle and Byrne. Never seen Doyle.

4-4-2 as Plan B.

Well dodged Chadster!

Didn't think Graham looked unfit at all. Heard people commenting about the effort he puts in with his sprints and all. Marshall on the other hand was shattered after 25 mins and gave the ball away all day.

Centre back situation needs sorting. Wards positioning is beyond terrible and you could see Duffy was constantly raging with him.

Not sure why Stokes is being played out left. Has looked lively the couple of times he's been in the box but he's wasted at the moment.

Akpan playing as the advanced midfielder, especially when we have Byrne who was spoken up to take that position... Why?

We'll get murdered down the wing this season, I think Lowe can just about settle as an okay right back but unless Doyle can suddenly come through and take left back spot I don't fancy anybody there.

It's their club. This is their disaster. They have created it. Blackburn Rovers FC died years ago. The local people who care have been removed. The long term employees have been sacked.

Name me one piece of the current Blackburn Rovers set up that you can identify with. The manager? Chairman? Owners? Players? The only bit left of Blackburn Rovers is the fact that Ewood Park is still there, blue and white kits are worn and they train on Jacks Brockhall.

Using recent history, Venkys will be here forever.

Venky Franchise Rovers FC

That's the top and bottom of it now.

Fully understand peoples feelings in the current situation but staying away from Ewood is achieving absolutely nothing. It just makes for a more depressing atmosphere with a stadium half empty (or half full) for the players, management and fans.

Hell, our players are even leaving for Newcastle where the owner has been shown to be no better than Venkys in the way he operates.

Staying away is about taking control of the situation, and taking a stand against 3 owners in Pune that are systematically destroying this football club and continue to do so.

If the fans that attend decided enough is enough and protested week in week out I'd come back and be a part of that, but I won't be holding my breath.

Ps, Mike Ashley's is streets ahead of Venkys in terms of running a football club. Venkys are by far the worst owners in football today and possibly ever.

Over 7k sold for the original date but we still took over 5 thousand that night. Coaches stretching as far as the eye could see. Think Speedie got sent off ? Can't remember who scored but I remember one end of the ground being just a wall at the side of their sports centre or something and the ball bouncing back off it :lol:

Over 7k sold for the original date but we still took over 5 thousand that night. Coaches stretching as far as the eye could see. Think Speedie got sent off ? Can't remember who scored but I remember one end of the ground being just a wall at the side of their sports centre or something and the ball bouncing back off it :lol:

Speedie head butted a defender in the wall, got a straight red, and before he walked he leathered the ball out of the ground 😂

Hero status.

Staying away is about taking control of the situation, and taking a stand against 3 owners in Pune that are systematically destroying this football club and continue to do so.

If the fans that attend decided enough is enough and protested week in week out I'd come back and be a part of that, but I won't be holding my breath.

Ps, Mike Ashley's is streets ahead of Venkys in terms of running a football club. Venkys are by far the worst owners in football today and possibly ever.

Ashley's dodgy no doubt but he did clear their debt and he does reinvest from sales. He wants their club for other purposes and he also fails because he doesn't get the right people running it just his yes men. Can't say he doesn't try though.

Our lot are beyond contempt and corrupt to the core.

Didn't think Graham looked unfit at all. Heard people commenting about the effort he puts in with his sprints and all. Marshall on the other hand was shattered after 25 mins and gave the ball away all day.

Centre back situation needs sorting. Wards positioning is beyond terrible and you could see Duffy was constantly raging with him.

Not sure why Stokes is being played out left. Has looked lively the couple of times he's been in the box but he's wasted at the moment.

Akpan playing as the advanced midfielder, especially when we have Byrne who was spoken up to take that position... Why?

We'll get murdered down the wing this season, I think Lowe can just about settle as an okay right back but unless Doyle can suddenly come through and take left back spot I don't fancy anybody there.

Marshall having a stinker ? Hey up............. ;)

I was in the family stand area which was in the main stand next to the away end. I do recall there being a big following. I also recall the line of coaches stuck in traffic going through Nottingham and missing the first 15 minutes due to the delay.

We were 2 nil down when we scored towards the end of the game. A looping volley from the edge of the area. Possibly the only goal this player scored for us. Bit of a cult hero!

Archived