BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Mansfield Efl Cup

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill Taylor or Graham Jones MP? The latter tweeted that his column in today's lancs telegraph about the shambles at Rovers makes for interesting reading and has been passed by the lawyers.

Apologies Brent, should have at least got the name right!!

That's the one - anyone seen it?

Apologies Brent, should have at least got the name right!!

That's the one - anyone seen it?

Nothing in it other than condemning the owners shambolic running of the club. No local Politician will risk anymore than that, fair play to him for mentioning it though.

The form of Stokes is a huge bonus. Only seen bits and pieces of him but he looks very impressive. Seems to be able to create half a yard for himself and looks pretty lethal in the penalty area. Could he be our saviour this season?

im hoping so.. and also hoping that Graham doesnt lose focus, because if they are both in terrific form, and we can sort out our defense, then we could get the season back on track.

I'd heard good things about Byrne. Glad to see he's made a good first impression. Irish friend of mine is quite high on him (though he was more skeptical of Stokes actually!) Byrne may not be up for a 2-man midfield against some opposition, but he could turn out brilliant. Seemed he was almost a forgotten signing on here...

• Backroom

We've had so many young loanees come in and be disappointing or barely feature (Kane, Rekik, Henry, Grimey, etc) it's not a surprise that people hold little interest when these players arrive any more. It would be nice if we've finally found a decent youngster who can contribute to the first team, but fair to say the real test will be against better teams than Mansfield.

I'd heard good things about Byrne. Glad to see he's made a good first impression. Irish friend of mine is quite high on him (though he was more skeptical of Stokes actually!) Byrne may not be up for a 2-man midfield against some opposition, but he could turn out brilliant. Seemed he was almost a forgotten signing on here...

I remember the Turkish prince Tugay proving you can play in a 2-man midfield with no legs and power. Byrne seems to have similar qualities although no Tugay, he at least has legs to get about :)

Decent win in what could have easily been another cup upset that we have become used to in this round of the league cup.

Promising in regards to Stokes and Byrne...it seems Coyle should have had more faith in his own signings for the Norwich game as they are both in good form right now.

Does anyone know how Hendrie got on at left back? We desperately need someone to step in and ensure Henley doesn't find himself there again anytime soon!

Does anyone know how Hendrie got on at left back? We desperately need someone to step in and ensure Henley doesn't find himself there again anytime soon!

Not great but more reliable than Henley.

Don't know why he took Hendrie off late on and brought Henley on unless Hendrie is struggling for fitness. He doesn't seem to be able to last 90 minutes.

Yep chor808 something about Stokes physical style,a bit of steel and hitting the ball with some real welly(no JR or Kevin Gallagher little girl stuff!!) does remind you of Shearer.....maybe a 3rd -rate Alan Shearer but Id take that 8 days every week!!

Good not just me then that noticed it.

Not great but more reliable than Henley.

Don't know why he took Hendrie off late on and brought Henley on unless Hendrie is struggling for fitness. He doesn't seem to be able to last 90 minutes.

I don't think he's played much football since picking up that groin injury at Rochdale. I suspect Coyle is trying to bring him up to full fitness, rather like Conway who was also taken off last night. Like you, I think the jury is out on Hendrie at the moment. Hopefully, he will improve on his early pre-season displays.

Just thinking about 'our' Turkish delight (never mind the Premiership team,the 3 jewels, Bellamy,Roque ,even fatty McCarthy) shows you the MASSIVE distance we have fallen in only 5 years.

I will take the win last night....but it is just heartbreaking(and vandalism)

Yeh what is this story re Graham Jones? Im very interested to find out what this will bring.

The story was a non-event. Contained nothing of note just the same generalisations which we all agree with. Basically, the owners stewardship of the club is poor and needs to improve.

The story was a non-event. Contained nothing of note just the same generalisations which we all agree with. Basically, the owners stewardship of the club is poor and needs to improve.

oh well, sounded as if it was something tasty.

And he needed to run it by the legal people? If they read this board there could be a significant number receiving law suits.

• Backroom

And he needed to run it by the legal people? If they read this board there could be a significant number receiving law suits.

No question about that. If we were owned by the Oystons half the MB would have been sued by now.

No question about that. If we were owned by the Oystons half the MB would have been sued by now.

Shows how useless Venkys are, when they cant be bothered reading how lovely we are on here. And how we love them, and how we have nothing but nice things to say about them. :D

Archived