SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Wolves **attend But Don't Enter**

Madon

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Mixed support on social media, most people think the Wolves game is the best time to do it.

Personally I think sooner the better but there's no point if there is only a minority joining in.

This needs to be organised by BRFCAG and quickly.

Fans all congregating outside the Blackburn end, hardly any home fans in the ground, singing one Jack Walker and waving the documents out, with plenty of press in attendance. These documents handed over to the press as someone perhaps appointed as a spokesperson to show the press these documents and explain this was the final straw. It would create some publicity and certainly paint the owners and the current management in a bad light.

Let's do Wolves instead.

It gives more time to organise, we can leaflet games home and away beforehand, and there is additional time for more "dirt" on SEM etc to come out and be disseminated.

I agree - then it can't be brushed off as Coyle or results based. All about Venkys ruining this club.

I reckon a good number of us already boycotting may turn up to demonstrate outside Doug.

I'm sure you're right PB.

My concerns are that nobody has gauged the take up, it needs planning carefully, as, in the worst case scenario, there could be incidents around the ground between fellow fans. This could split the fan base more than it is now.

If the poll is as conclusive as the 'Kean' poll, then a boycott date could be confidently set.

But, should the opposite result be realised, then a re-think may be the conclusion.

• Backroom

Needs to be a match further on imo. Remember that:

a) A lot of fans may still be on holiday.

B) We need at least a couple of weeks to more fully spread the docs and publicise the protest.

I thought that the banners in the Darwen End at the end of last season were a good idea. Very visual, would work for tv. Especially if they could be on display in the JW opposite the new TV stand. Did the fans showing them get any hassle? I don't think that they did .

Wolves it is then and it needs to happen whether the team starts winning or not and despite any freebie or loan they may dig up from somewhere. The propaganda people will likely do something to head it off like quid a kid or something but we need to stand firm.

Remember it's a protest against the owners and their associates for the last 6 years of utter carnage and not about the crap results this season, current manager or players. Winning a few games now and another young prem loan doesn't alter the shambolic and desperate way the club is still run nor the state they have got it in and the way they will continue to run it into the buffers eventually.

The one problem I see with the Wolves game is Venkys could sack Coyle beforehand to divert attention .....

I would think it is unlikely he would get sacked in any other circumstance....

Hence the idea to organise it way in advance to be anti owners and nothing else. They could sack him, wouldn't make a difference if they brought anyone in.

Wolves it is then and it needs to happen whether the team starts winning or not and despite any freebie or loan they may dig up from somewhere. The propaganda people will likely do something to head it off like quid a kid or something but we need to stand firm.

Remember it's a protest against the owners and their associates for the last 6 years of utter carnage and not about the crap results this season, current manager or players. Winning a few games now and another young prem loan doesn't alter the shambolic and desperate way the club is still run nor the state they have got it in and the way they will continue to run it into the buffers eventually.

This can largely be advertised by Twitter and Facebook. Can someone design something to promote the event.

Archived