BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Wolves **attend But Don't Enter**

Madon

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to bring up the new camera positions. I think the club have played a blinder here and clearly well planned by them.

Firstly the action is closer and I would say better than before.

That aside...

The cameras don't and probably can't (due to their low positions) show the upper tiers. It doesn't matter that 2 are closed and 1 sparcely populated because they are invisible.

Obviously the Riverside is behind cam.

The lower tier JW has the family area where protests are not going to happen.

Mostly you only see the first few rows in the BBE and DE. It isn't shown how empty they are and any banners or protests during the game would not be on camera as in the old camera positions.

Especially the BBE and DE (where banners usually are) nearest the riverside are not really ever in view due to the camera angles.

The feel when watching is now of a small tight ground with no real view at all of the fans.

That said...

Empty stands will not be on tv.

Banners will not be on tv.

Singing during match can be manipulated by sound man. Ineffective to be on tv.

Banners over the hoardings in the JW, fans stood right at the very front and things on the pitch are the only chances to get on TV.

Disrupting the game... Controversial but the idea of using the Wolves game because it is on Sky is to get attention. If protests aren't on the TV it will be no different than doing it at any other game. Ineffective.

It will be different with Sky. They do not use footage supplied by the Rovers lie machine.

It will be different with Sky. They do not use footage supplied by the Rovers lie machine.

I think its the angles rather than editorial. Sky will be showing the match primarily and I think it will be the same.

One of the best images is still the chicken on the pitch stopping play.

Unavoidable not to be on tv.

I wonder if we could get Wolves fans to have Venkysout banners?

We should disrupt the match as many times as possible without risking people getting a banning order. Tennis balls, balloons, chants, banners, eggs, chickens - anything. Just get them on the pitch and make the cameras notice them.

A pitch invasion is by far the best thing to do. However it would likely bring about a points deduction which the club can't afford right now.

I don't think a boycott will happen, although with it being on tele it's by and far the best chance we have. If we can somehow end up with <5k in the ground it would be a success. However we've had our 'boycott' and it made media attention - perhaps everyone returning and protesting will make more. Make it the most hostile atmosphere since King Rat was here.

no offence but there is NO WAY I STEP FOOT IN EWOOD EVER AGAIN WHILST THE VENKYSCUM ARE HERE! ....

Anyone know what this is...?

blackpool-fans-protest-si-down_3297998.j

The FA will simply punish the club - or simply fine and then ignore us.

Where are Blackpool now? Free of their owners? Back on the up? Fans united behind the club? If their centre circle protest got them relegated as a form of protest then they are playing a long game.

We are relying on Venkys being shamed into selling. Using their own cultural pride against them - which may or may not work as they can dismiss the rabble as "the cause of the problem". Thankfully it was only ever 1% of fans so we can't have been that disruptive.

So maybe it is different for us but let's not pretend that anything we do will influence the FA.

Apart from Venky's the FA should be a main target as their inept self serving organisation is on our soil, they can and should be shamed.

Apart from Venky's the FA should be a main target as their inept self serving organisation is on our soil, they can and should be shamed.

Spot on. The FA are not fit for purpose. They were in partnership with Kentaro so it's no surprise calls to look into the running of Rovers fell on deaf ears.

The FA need reform from top to bottom and have done for years. There is so much money in football it's obscene (just look at any Second division club car park) and yet grassroots players still have to hope that their pitches have been cut and marked out and hope that there isn't too much dog muck that needs clearing off before they can play.

It certainly isn't fit for purpose. Not the purpose of making our national sport accessible and amenable to supporters, to volunteer coaches and to grassroots youngsters. To be fair, the LFA do a bloody good job with minimal resources and don't get any real backing from the national FA.

Whilst I'm on my soap box, the FA certainly don't care about the interests or logistics of Nothern supporters in particular - just look at the days/times of Wembley cup fixtures. I have been planning to take our young team to watch an England senior game and have been waiting for an opportunity for two years. Why so long? Because home games are almost always on in midweek during school term which gives us no time to get there, let alone back at a reasonable hour. There is finally a game coming up at 5:30pm on a Saturday (against Malta). Tried to buy tickets (once they've gone on general sale) only to be told that I have to enter a ballot! If we don't get through then I'd better not see any empty seats on TV or I'll be fuming.

Other than that, the FA don't care about football clubs. As long as there are teams in the Conference and below all able and desperate to get into the league there will always be replacements for clubs that go pop.

What needs to happen is that any club that ends up in a position like ours - AFTER the owners have been endorsed through the so-called 'fit and proper persons' test - there should be a full investigation and the rules updated as appropriate. If the test is simply to confirm that the people involved aren't banned from being directors or ex-bankrupts (although it seems there are ways around that) then it should be called what it is. A Financial Background Check (FBC) much like the CRB/CRC checks. They are only a benchmark to keep known miscreants away, they are not really checking if someone is 'fit' to be an owner, in any 'proper' sense. Whatever that is even supposed to mean. The language is very misleading.

That is an excellent post Stuart and just about sums up the state of football in this country. The FA, the Premier League and the Football League would appear to be more concerned with their own power bases than safeguarding the future of the game in this country.

One of the best images is still the chicken on the pitch stopping play.

Unavoidable not to be on tv.

I wonder if we could get Wolves fans to have Venkysout banners?

I thought you were going to say:-

I wonder if we could get Wolves fans to put a wolf on the pitch :lol:

• Backroom

You want to make a stand against Venky's that will make the worldwide media sit up and take notice about our plight ?

Get on the pitch in the middle of match, several thousand strong, in a sit-down protest and cause the match to be abandoned.

Yes, a few might get arrested and the club would probably be docked points - but that hardly matters as we're going down anyway.

You want people in respectable jobs to potentially lose their livelihoods? Many companies include this sort of disorder in their policies as misconduct or bring the company into disrepute.

I'd suggest protesting in a manner that doesn't break the law.

Especially as pitch invasions have thus far NEVER led to a change in ownership.

I know Liverpool did it already but would a mass leaving on que have more effect. Everyone get up and leave on minute 17 (day of Jack's passing) would that get more coverage or TV comments? I think it might.

If we could also get Preston fans involved by dressing said wolf in a wooly thing off their club badge, it would then be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

YES

Like a Trojan sheep

Meanders past the stewards almost unnoticed onto the field of play before removing it's wooly disquise...

HaHa...I'm a wolf...we want Venkys out !!

Before unleashing the chicken which was hidden up it's wooly jumper.

Genius.

I know Liverpool did it already but would a mass leaving on que have more effect. Everyone get up and leave on minute 17 (day of Jack's passing) would that get more coverage or TV comments? I think it might.

Good idea but leave it till 75 mins otherwise we'd get the usual panning 'not helping the team in a relegation battle' etc

Otherwise I think it's a belting idea and certainly doable, especially as we'll likely be 2 nil down anyway !

Why over complicate this.

Just simply don't go and watch it in the pub.

Empty stadium = no club = administration = rid of venkys

The stadium is already virtually empty. Nobody cares apart from the fans, so to get a mass walkout or some form of protest on live tv is perfect.

Anyone know what this is...?

blackpool-fans-protest-si-down_3297998.j

The FA will simply punish the club - or simply fine and then ignore us.

Where are Blackpool now? Free of their owners? Back on the up? Fans united behind the club? If their centre circle protest got them relegated as a form of protest then they are playing a long game.

We are relying on Venkys being shamed into selling. Using their own cultural pride against them - which may or may not work as they can dismiss the rabble as "the cause of the problem". Thankfully it was only ever 1% of fans so we can't have been that disruptive.

So maybe it is different for us but let's not pretend that anything we do will influence the FA.

Match abandoned I think resulted in a point for Blackpool and Huddersfield. It was s dead rubber anyway at the end of the season. If it happened early in the season it will cause a big headache for the FA. So what if they punish the Club, it's s basketcase anyway.

Match abandoned I think resulted in a point for Blackpool and Huddersfield. It was s dead rubber anyway at the end of the season. If it happened early in the season it will cause a big headache for the FA. So what if they punish the Club, it's s basketcase anyway.

Probably the best chance of getting another point as well , will help the goal difference, Keoyle can big it up as tightening up the defence

Match abandoned I think resulted in a point for Blackpool and Huddersfield. It was s dead rubber anyway at the end of the season. If it happened early in the season it will cause a big headache for the FA. So what if they punish the Club, it's a basketcase anyway.

Playing devil's advocate, what did they achieve?

Playing devil's advocate, what did they achieve?

Media coverage and getting the message across to the wider footballing world for a start. We can't even get the message of what's been going on to our own fan base.

True Oyston may not have gone, but he's under more pressure now than if no one said a word and 12,000 quietly sat in Bloomfield Road every other Saturday watching them decline further.

They achieved publicity and exposure. Our story has been getting some exposure this last couple of weeks and it will get more if we continue to lose and people raise the issues at every opportunity. The only thing that will get rid of this cancer is bad publicity on a world stage. Best if we continue to lose.

Media coverage and getting the message across to the wider footballing world for a start. We can't even get the message of what's been going on to our own fan base.

True Oyston may not have gone but he's under more pressure now than if no one said a word and 12,000 quietly sat in Bloomfield Road every other Saturday watching them decline further.

I'm not sure that's actually true. Whenever I've heard anything from Oyston he certainly hasn't sounded under pressure.

I guess it must be very difficult to cover costs though.

The point was that the march to the centre circle didn't really, in itself, achieve much. It got 5 minutes of coverage - most memorably because of the guy in the Brian Potter-esque motability scooter.

Would the embarrassment of such coverage embarrass Venkys more than Oyston? Possible. Would it force their hand? I'm not sure. It'll just blow over. The (first) chicken on the pitch was a brilliant piece of coverage. Must have been pretty maddening but it didn't have much effect (that we know of) - unless that was the point they sent Shebby in to keep an eye on Kean?

I'm not sure that's actually true. Whenever I've heard anything from Oyston he certainly hasn't sounded under pressure.

I guess it must be very difficult to cover costs though.

The point was that the march to the centre circle didn't really, in itself, achieve much. It got 5 minutes of coverage - most memorably because of the guy in the Brian Potter-esque motability scooter.

Would the embarrassment of such coverage embarrass Venkys more than Oyston? Possible. Would it force their hand? I'm not sure. It'll just blow over. The (first) chicken on the pitch was a brilliant piece of coverage. Must have been pretty maddening but it didn't have much effect (that we know of) - unless that was the point they sent Shebby in to keep an eye on Kean?

Oyston is never going to come across as under pressure. In fact sometimes I think the sick sod relishes in what's going on. However I'm not sure Venkys want that reputation, either over here or over there.

It may well not do any good in our case but something needs to happen.

Archived