BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Vs Burton Albion

sambo

If it's a private firm filming shouldn't you have to sign something to say you agree to this? When I've been to antique auction houses and they're making tv shows they ask for your permission to be filmed. Can we find out what happens to these recordings. Does it come under the Freedom of Information Act? The Club probably have a get out clause that you've bought a ticket for a private venue so they can shaft you how they like.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It's not that we don't care Stuart. Of course we care! It's just that we, or I at least, will not be forced out of watching the team we have supported for years (68 in my case) by a bunch of charlatans in India.

Spot on Al. I will always support my team, regardless of my feelings towards players, managers, owners, or tea ladies.

#RTID

#LoveRoversHateVenkys

#VenkysOut

It appears to be another embarrassment for our club. On what grounds were they keen to 'gather evidence' and film perfectly innocent people? Do they think filming people might stop the Venky Out chants? It could well have the opposite effect and drive a few more people away. I just think it's another disconnect between the club and fans, just what the club shouldn't be encouraging.

Depends on what your endgame is. I'm long past hope that they will ever see the light or do the right thing, so, as far as I am concerned I hope they drive every single fan away we have got (including Ewood Spark who can then claim he was the last to leave!).

At that point when nobody attends Venkys would probably accept the best offer they could get. If they wind us up (literally I mean) then we start again.

The evidence gatherers are in place to intimidate, nothing more than a deterrent in the main.

I have no doubt they'd try to take action if given the opportunity, flares seems to be high on clubs agendas at the moment, but banners and chanting isn't going to get you banned in my opinion. I doubt they even have the man power to press charges and win a case these days, and even if they do a 12 month ban is more like them doing you a favor than punishing you.

Don't let them silence you.

#venkysout

It appears to be another embarrassment for our club. On what grounds were they keen to 'gather evidence' and film perfectly innocent people? Do they think filming people might stop the Venky Out chants? It could well have the opposite effect and drive a few more people away. I just think it's another disconnect between the club and fans, just what the club shouldn't be encouraging.

Police have been doing it for years arbitro, especially outside of grounds, thousands of innocent people filmed as part of 'evidence gathering'

Now clubs are employing the same tactics, it needs challenging in court.

Scandalous.

If the club or police (not stewards or evidence maker-uppers) EXPLICITLY say a banner is a prohibited item and you don't hand it over, you risk being thrown out.

You then point to the top tier and show them the club banner (If they've not sold it) and ask why thats different, the answer will be "Because we say so" and at that point you and you're mates refuse to give them the banner, what are they going to do?

You need unity, the fans to be on the same page, not just go weak at the knees when the stewards approach or the police.

Also don't sit in the seat your tickets allocated to if you have a banner.

Many ways to disrupt the theft of your banner, but you need unity.

In addition to there being a large quantum of banners, there will be that many documents being handed to Wolves and our own fans at that game that no ex #### is going to stop us. Good to see they are running scared.

Would love to reincarnate this -

If the club or police (not stewards or evidence maker-uppers) EXPLICITLY say a banner is a prohibited item and you don't hand it over, you risk being thrown out.

Would they not have to explicitly describe what constitutes a banner that is not allowed ?, what happens if you then report a piece of cloth or vinyl (measurements not determined) displaying the words Rovers are ace and they do not take action to remove it?,Are they then not following their own rules and it could seen more as a case of harassment of certain individuals particularly now the club are employing a fan stalker to harass certain supporters.

Would they not have to explicitly describe what constitutes a banner that is not allowed ?, what happens if you then report a piece of cloth or vinyl (measurements not determined) displaying the words Rovers are ace and they do not take action?,Are they then not following their own rules and it could seen more as a case of harassment of certain individuals particularly now the club are employing a fan stalker to harass certain supporters.

More people who attend the wolves game to protest, the more banners will be brought.

Plane banners, hot air balloon releases into the ground, document copies being handed out everywhere.

They won't be able to control it. Time is up Cheston. #venkysout

Would they not have to explicitly describe what constitutes a banner that is not allowed ?, what happens if you then report a piece of cloth or vinyl (measurements not determined) displaying the words Rovers are ace and they do not take action to remove it?,Are they then not following their own rules and it could seen more as a case of harassment of certain individuals particularly now the club are employing a fan stalker to harass certain supporters.

They'll spout that guff about fire certificates.

Someone else pointed out quite rightly that the feeling on here isnt typical of feeling on a match day at the ground.

Until that changes you're up against it.

Protest and pitch invasions tend to be best when spontaneous, if results continue like they are I hope we'll soon reach that point.

Just wondering if we set up a page to collect for new banners and share designs?

Are last seasons banners still being flown?

Just wondering if we set up a page to collect for new banners and share designs?

Best wait until the projects accomplices decide what is and is not acceptable at NW franchise HQ, no point wasting money. When the time comes probably best be discussed in a closed forum away from here , you probably would not want the supporter stalker and his mates earning their money easily.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/watching-football-is-not-a-crime/

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/representation/legal-briefing-for-supporters

Maybe a request to Ewood for the conditions of entry is required , for people to know what is not acceptable prior to the Wolves match

Banners, flags and scarves are a staple part of supporting a football club. Absolute garbage if they try and ban them because it goes against their bloody agenda.

We need an organised protest in which all the boycotters attend (could be an away game so they don't "fund Venky's") and we take hundreds of banners. Line the away end with Venky's Out banners, scarves, flags etc. We do one properly then I have no doubt the remaining away games will continue in the same tradition.

Wolves will be a good one. They are sympathetic to our cause too.

EDIT: I also doubt it too, Gav. Anyone still at the ground is happy to watch and go home. There was 0 anger except a few boos at FT and a couple of people clapping along to the Venky's Out chants. My friend also told me this morning he heard someone say "the rats have gone, the rats have jumped ship" when the banners in the DE were gone by the 70th minute. Shocking. As said, we need the presence of the boycotters in the ground even if just temporarily to fuel the protests.

All that needs to be done is for Groups of nine to have letters printed as large as possible on their tops. V E N K Y S O U T. That way you have not taken any banner into the ground and the only way they could stop that is for them to make you remove your top. If you got really clever, you could paint you letter on your chest so even then, they would be on to a loser. God help them trying to make every woman remove their tops, especially if what was underneath was skimpy! Obviously each person with a letter would need to be sat in the right order, or we would have to hand sheets of anagrams out.

Protest and pitch invasions tend to be best when spontaneous, if results continue like they are I hope we'll soon reach that point.

Gav......you need to be 'in Ewood' to invade the pitch and protest!

This is why the 'boycott' will have a limited impact,,,,,,they simply don't notice it!!!

Credit to the Darwen End on Saturday, at least they made an effort,

Archived