BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Vs Burton Albion

sambo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else see the hi vis guy watching fans with a jersey that said "club evidence gatherer"?

Sign of the times that. Well done on those making some noise but "greedy" Venkys chants makes me cringe- surely stupid, lowest, negligent, absent etc are words better to describe, I couldn't sing along to that and many others would be the same.

Anyone else see the hi vis guy watching fans with a jersey that said "club evidence gatherer"?

Sign of the times that.

Perhaps gathering evidence that people actually turned up.

Seriously though, what are they doing at the moment? Did anyone get a picture of this person?

Neal, with respect, if you continue to insult those who haven't as yet accepted that Venky's are the problem you aren't going to get the united fan base that is required. Persuasion rather than insults is the only way it will work.

Turns out he just didnt know how to put his feelings across properly. He's firmly Venkys Out.

I get what your saying Parson, if you look at how I adress some of our fans on twitter I think i'm fairly diplomatic and fair most of the time.

As someone who has been frankly treated like dirt by some of our fans though i'm almost past caring about hurting peoples feelings anymore. If they cant fight or see whats blatantly in front of them then i'm not going to hold back if they start pointing the finger at me or any other fan who's fighting the good cause.

When i speak, i say what i mean and feel. I appreciate in these times there's a need for diplomacy but if theres anyone who encountered me at Ewood arguing with our fans i'm sure they'd say that I say what i think, same goes for my dad.

As someone who has been frankly treated like dirt by some of our fans though i'm almost past caring about hurting peoples feelings anymore. If they cant fight or see whats blatantly in front of them then i'm not going to hold back if they start pointing the finger at me or any other fan who's fighting the good cause.

I feel exactly like this. I need to reign it in a little.

Persuasion, sadly, doesn't work either though. Some fans genuinely don't care as long as there is a team in blue and white playing at Ewood.

Sign of the times that. Well done on those making some noise but "greedy" Venkys chants makes me cringe- surely stupid, lowest, negligent, absent etc are words better to describe, I couldn't sing along to that and many others would be the same.

Persuasion, sadly, doesn't work either though. Some fans genuinely don't care as long as there is a team in blue and white playing at Ewood.

Fully agree with both of you on this. Knowing the score five years ago and being sneered at by some of the village elders on here doesn't exactly predispose one toward the gentle approach, does it?

That said, we really all need to row in together toward the only thing that matters... getting Venky's Out.

Club evidence gatherer?

Bloody hell, welcome to North Korea. Is Agnew back in some capacity?

I saw him behind the Darwen end before the game , not sure about this but surely the Police are the only ones allowed to gather evidence ?

But on private property eg Ewood it could be the club....Certainly on Bolton Road for big games it was definately the Police ...

I saw him behind the Darwen end before the game , not sure about this but surely the Police are the only ones allowed to gather evidence ?

But on private property eg Ewood it could be the club....Certainly on Bolton Road for big games it was definately the Police ...

Went In DE for a change and got frisked, first time in 37 years at Ewood. Saw stewards concentrating on D/E and 'club evidence gatherer'.

They were frisking everyone 3 or 4 years ago in there. Disgraceful. Shouldn't't let them get away with it.

God Almighty! They want to run Ewood like they run Pune.

Only sensible action is outside the ground or stay home.

Don't give them another p.

It's like they're trying to give you every reason not to attend, closing parts of the ground, frisking you... I swear there will be a match day with the turnstiles closed and just Venkys sat inside.

5 minutes research;

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/mar/06/police-surveillance-database-activists-intelligence

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/russell-lambert-12652993- this is the guy who funnily enough is employed by Burnleh also.

It's essentially just a fake ex cop who's trying to spot unruly supporters to ban. Sign of the times. Shame we have nobody looking at the pitch "gathering evidence" because it's stark. A crime has certainly gone on!

5 minutes research;

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/mar/06/police-surveillance-database-activists-intelligence

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/russell-lambert-12652993- this is the guy who funnily enough is employed by Burnleh also.

It's essentially just a fake ex cop who's trying to spot unruly supporters to ban. Sign of the times. Shame we have nobody looking at the pitch "gathering evidence" because it's stark. A crime has certainly gone on!

No problem with the police doing there jobs but for clubs to hire outside agencies surely must be a Grey area

The question needs asking at the next fans meeting with the club 'why the hell are the club trying to intimidate it's own fans, are they trying to drive them away'

In the last 7 days , the fanbase as grown closer more people are finding out , what is really going on ..

That is bad news for the Venkys and their henchmen , so they are trying a new tactic to upset the fans .....

The Venkys do not want a united fanbase !!

No problem with the police doing there jobs but for clubs to hire outside agencies surely must be a Grey area

It appears to be another embarrassment for our club. On what grounds were they keen to 'gather evidence' and film perfectly innocent people? Do they think filming people might stop the Venky Out chants? It could well have the opposite effect and drive a few more people away. I just think it's another disconnect between the club and fans, just what the club shouldn't be encouraging.

It's not that we don't care Stuart. Of course we care! It's just that we, or I at least, will not be forced out of watching the team we have supported for years (68 in my case) by a bunch of charlatans in India.

Archived