BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Vs Burton Albion

sambo

Whilst there's a thread for the Wolves game, I feel this needs to be separate. The Wolves protest needs to be major, and on a grand scale with the aim projecting our message to a large television audience.

However, I also feel we should protest on Saturday. Everyone's angry, the results are terrible, the documents released - let's keep some momentum and do something this weekend.

I'm back from Cardiff and would definitely attend, but someone with a bit more clout or presence amongst the fanbase could potentially organise something. Even if it's just a march, I feel it'd be a missed opportunity not to do something in light of this week's events.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst there's a thread for the Wolves game, I feel this needs to be separate. The Wolves protest needs to be major, and on a grand scale with the aim projecting our message to a large television audience.

However, I also feel we should protest on Saturday. Everyone's angry, the results are terrible, the documents released - let's keep some momentum and do something this weekend.

I'm back from Cardiff and would definitely attend, but someone with a bit more clout or presence amongst the fanbase could potentially organise something. Even if it's just a march, I feel it'd be a missed opportunity not to do something in light of this week's events.

i thought Wolves was a boycott?

i thought Wolves was a boycott?

There will still be cameras outside, and with the game being on Sky, the focus will be on us. I won't personally set foot inside the ground on either occasion unless there was a compelling reason to do so involving a protest.

• Backroom

I am away but suggest a Twitter storm at 8pm every day this week saying: "vocal demonstration at Jack's statue at 14:30 - followed by Venky's Out chants in the ground on 18 and 75 minutes".

We could do with a drummer.

Simple yet effective.

I am away but suggest a Twitter storm at 8pm every day this week saying: "vocal demonstration at Jack's statue at 14:30 - followed by Venky's Out chants in the ground on 18 and 75 minutes".

We could do with a drummer.

venkys out chants throughout the WHOLE match :)

Can the docs not be disseminated to all fans entering the area around the ground on Saturday?

Could somebody with the necessary knowledge of events write an open letter to ALL football fans? Something that can be spread amongst fan sites, forums, Twitter, Facebook etc.

We could do with getting as many fans outside the ground hours before kick-off protesting. Invite national media down, invite the local media down to it. Have banners that are so big they cannot be ignored.

Venkys out for 90 minutes would also be nice, would be even better to carry it on post match outside Jack's statue.

None of this is worthwhile if it does not happen in large numbers.

Can the docs not be disseminated to all fans entering the area around the ground on Saturday?

Could somebody with the necessary knowledge of events write an open letter to ALL football fans? Something that can be spread amongst fan sites, forums, Twitter, Facebook etc.

We could do with getting as many fans outside the ground hours before kick-off protesting. Invite national media down, invite the local media down to it. Have banners that are so big they cannot be ignored.

Venkys out for 90 minutes would also be nice, would be even better to carry it on post match outside Jack's statue.

None of this is worthwhile if it does not happen in large numbers.

Cracking idea. A mass distribution of snippets of the leaked documents - you'd have to make it a flyer because handing out 30+ docs would just be thrown in bin before they enter the ground.

Maybe even a letter to say where they can view the leaks if they so wish.

I propose a huge banner on display across the Riverside in full view of the board and the players when they enter the pitch. Maybe even some in the JW lower so anyone watching through the cameras can see them also. Along with vocal "Venky's Out" chants throughout.

Anyone know if Pasha will be attending this like he attended Wigan??

Could even have something reminiscent of the tennis ball incident but with something like eggs. If everyone throws an egg onto the pitch in protest it could get some attention. Could even aim a few at......I won't say it for fear of reprisal but we all know who. :)

we need to keep these leaked documents and the #venkysout thing in the spotlight all week , that way if something does happen at the Burton game CH5 (not relying on SSN) has to report it and include in their programme Saturday night

Archived