BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

Diplomatic? You really believe that? The adjectives you use to describe people who hold a different view mean I don't bother to read your posts.

Now that in itself may or may not be important but it demonstrates the language and approach you chose to use mean there is no likelihood of me even reading your opinion let alone being influenced by it.

The relentless hounding of a few individuals for holding a different view is entirely counterproductive. Persuading parsonblue to change his view will have no more impact on persuading Venky's to leave than howling at the moon. He's one person expressing a view on a website read by a very narrow and almost self-selecting group of fans.

I used to be diplomatic, i'm past that fella. I've never hounded anyone, Parson yesterday responded to one of my posts, i didnt initiate it. Perhaps you dont like like my posts because you dont like the way I come across or perhaps you deep down somewhere you dont like reading a few home truths but frankly I couldnt care less... Just remember... After our last home win you posted a smarmy comment to me afterward the game so perhaps you should sort your own behaviour out before giving people advice on theirs cocker.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You two are both on the same side, want the same thing, you just express it in a different way.

Parson won't change his mind, thats fine, but he does need challenging with his recent remarks on our situation.

I believe that Coyle stated that everyone in football knows who SEM are, during the meeting on Thursday. He must have remembered then, since he released this interview, shortly after his appointment.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14535515._It___s_an_outstanding_club____Owen_Coyle_on_becoming_Blackburn_Rovers__new_boss/?ref=mac

Can anyone back this up? :brfc:

Getting a house ready for Slasha ?

Anyway Cheston didn't exactly rule it out in the future with his we can't keep relying on the owners line, we have to be self sustaining.

It'll happen sooner or later you can bank on it.

I used to be diplomatic, i'm past that fella. I've never hounded anyone, Parson yesterday responded to one of my posts, i didnt initiate it. Perhaps you dont like like my posts because you dont like the way I come across or perhaps you deep down somewhere you dont like reading a few home truths but frankly I couldnt care less... Just remember... After our last home win you posted a smarmy comment to me afterward the game so perhaps you should sort your own behaviour out before giving people advice on theirs cocker.

Game

Set

Match

10/10 for demonstrating precisely why it is not those who continue to watch and support the team who are divisive. All the aggression comes from those who do neither.

I believe that Coyle stated that everyone in football knows who SEM are, during the meeting on Thursday. He must have remembered then, since he released this interview, shortly after his appointment.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14535515._It___s_an_outstanding_club____Owen_Coyle_on_becoming_Blackburn_Rovers__new_boss/?ref=mac

I was thinking the same thing...Let's compare "First and foremost, I I don’t know who that company (SEM) is ....That’s a non-existent story.".to last night's message that everyone in football has heard of SEM.

And last night's revisionist whopper was embellished with magnificent aplomb...something about never saying he's never heard of SEM..but he's never heard of..."what's his name?" to get the stage "prompt," Jerome Anderson....Well ..the tears on my face were from laughter!

Coyle is really very manipulative. Did anyone else notice how he played having to come back for his daughters(rushed LOL) wedding to deflect from the line of questioning about how he suddenly appeared for interview, when he wasn't even on the shortlist...His daughter is expecting in the new year, you know...

Time for my favourite Dylan quote-again...."I don't believe you...you're a liar!"

Game

Set

Match

10/10 for demonstrating precisely why it is not those who continue to watch and support the team who are divisive. All the aggression comes from those who do neither.

Game Set Match? Really?, that's what you are going for? How churlishly vitriolic. You sound like a Telegraph reporter.

That in itself suggests somebody won. Nobody wins in this situation.

But the fact that the 'winners' (in your book) are those who won't help or even attempt to help. People who won't even stand side by side with fans against a common enemy is the real source of the problem. I know it's kitch to say it but no war effort (no ironic pun intended) was ever won by conscientious objection or the waving of white flags.

Some people want the fans to unite against Venkys, and patience is wearing thin. These are the people you are calling divisive.

Game, set and match indeed. :rolleyes:

Although I had a heated debate with Parson yesterday about our current plight and this site is of course about debate... I think debating with Parson about his point of view has become a pointless excercise, he has his views and they wont change. He's no more important than any other fan so the attention his posts get seems a little OTT. At this point after the past few years we know where many of us stand with regards to protesting and its pretty clear where fans like Parson are. I'm past the point of wasting energy on these types and i'm sure Parson must be starting starting to feel the same.

At last we agree Neal! We both have our own views and neither is going to change so there is no point us continuing to argue.

At last we agree Neal! We both have our own views and neither is going to change so there is no point us continuing to argue.

Why is your opinion not open to change. JohnD is suggesting that we need to convince people. What will it take to convince you that we should unite against Venkys?

Why is your opinion not open to change. JohnD is suggesting that we need to convince people. What will it take to convince you that we should unite against Venkys?

Perhaps it needs people to stop insulting them. Nothing will be gained unless that stops.

Perhaps it needs people to stop insulting them. Nothing will be gained unless that stops.

How have I insulted him?

It'd be nice if folk would stop insulting the protesters by saying they are the problem.

How have I insulted him?

It'd be nice if folk would stop insulting the protesters by saying they are the problem.

Are we winning the war Stuart? Another day goes by, another loss, another day of pulling up Parsonblue. Another day without, I strongly suspect, spreading the news about a planned protest v Wolves.

And on day 212 of gentle persuasion we managed to convince a regular poster on brfcs to miss just over a third of the wolves match. Now we must turn our attention to the other 8000 remaining fans. High fives all round ensue.

Kin brilliant.

Are we winning the war Stuart? Another day goes by, another loss, another day of pulling up Parsonblue. Another day without, I strongly suspect, spreading the news about a planned protest v Wolves.

And on day 212 of gentle persuasion we managed to convince a regular poster on brfcs to miss just over a third of the wolves match. Now we must turn our attention to the other 8000 remaining fans. High fives all round ensue.

Kin brilliant.

I consider my hands slapped, Bob, but it changes nothing.

We will only be united the day that Parson and his friends join in. You can almost forgive ignorance but his eyes are open.

Kin brilliant.

Parson has started to play the game in my opinion bob, once I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly but not now, he's just as bad as the rest of us/them.

Rest of your post spot on, I hope you can find your way to the planned meeting next week, the movement needs people like you and the Mrs :tu:

The writing was on the wall for Parson when he vehemently defended Bowyer in spite of our league position. If I recall, he postulated that Bowyer should only have been sacked once we started to get cut adrift in the relegation zone. I'm guessing he has some kind of vested interest at the club, as that would be the only rational explanation for such a misguided stance.

You are right, I do have a vested interest in the club. I'm a supporter and want to back my team on the pitch. That's my vested interest. As you never watch the team, I not sure what your interest in the club actually is.

You are right, I do have a vested interest in the club. I'm a supporter and want to back my team on the pitch. That's my vested interest. As you never watch the team, I not sure what your interest in the club actually is.

Rather than rise to the bait what would it take for you to do something? How bad does it have to get? How much of the Rovers of the last 141 years needs to be lost?

Game

Set

Match

I wasn't aware we were playing for points here Paul. Cracks me up that you think thats aggressive, all's I've said is I don't care what you think of me and called you out on your own attitude... Some sensitive souls on here aren't there?

Rather than rise to the bait what would it take for you to do something? How bad does it have to get? How much of the Rovers of the last 141 years needs to be lost?

Don't waste your time mate.

he's just as bad as the rest of us/them.

That would imply that people are on the wind up Gav but I can reassure you that despite my frankly abrasive @#/? off attitude on here recently, my intention isn't to wind up people. Recently I've simply projected my honest @#/? off feelings towards the club and many of the fans, It just seems such levels of honesty don't sit well on here with some. I've been diplomatic with my posts in the past and I can see many posters on here still try but in our current circumstances I've personally gotten to a point where I'm just going post what I feel... Diplomacy or not... At least it's honest, it might not be diplomatic but I don't need to be. I'm sure posters on here would rather each other be up front and honest about their opinions, well thats all i'm doing on my behalf, I can't speak for anyone else.

See these questions make a point - why is walking away from the club "doing something"?

In mine, and several thousand others minds - stopping attendance is stopping support.

The very definition of support is vocal/financial. Those who just couldn't face putting money into the club but still go to away games still "support" the club IMO but anything less is not support.

I've had conversations with lots of fans of different views, but many who see things from a similar mindset - support the team, protest and/or aim the stick at those charged with running things.

I'm not saying I can't see why people don't go, and I'm not saying I don't understand why fans are singing "Owen Coyle, is a keaner" after he makes a forced through injury substitution, but I can say that I think both those decisions have nothing but negative impact.

The problem is, others will view that and respond with "oh you love Venkys then" or "enjoy Venkys fc", or "you must be financially benefiting from it" or "is coyley your mate?" and that will cause another argument, more division in the fan base and less likelihood of fans uniting to have a louder voice.

Instead, let's not question others in such way - let's try to see things from others perspectives and utilise that to get more fans involved in protesting, funding online and meetings to discuss ideas.

If I was trying to get others involved - I'd be highlighting Coventry, Portsmouth, Blackpool and showing/educating fans of the similar trends.

I'd also be suggesting protests that don't impact at the stadium during matches - because (believe it or not) there are thousands who see protesting at a game as nothing but negative.

The original idea of filling the stadium with thousands of returning fans for a one off was the best idea for me, it combined a positive protest with re-engaging of thousands of fans. It was also forward thinking, advertising our club to potential new owners with a big fan base, not a 1/3 full stadium round our necks.

That's also linked to this last part - even the idea of "Venkys out" will not be taken on by all our fans, why? Because of one simple equation - who is next? Some people by nature will make a decision without knowing the outcome, others simply will never do that. Put a legitimate option in place for life after the Raos, and watch people find it easier to get involved!

See these questions make a point - why is walking away from the club "doing something"?

In mine, and several thousand others minds - stopping attendance is stopping support.

The very definition of support is vocal/financial. Those who just couldn't face putting money into the club but still go to away games still "support" the club IMO but anything less is not support.

I've had conversations with lots of fans of different views, but many who see things from a similar mindset - support the team, protest and/or aim the stick at those charged with running things.

I'm not saying I can't see why people don't go, and I'm not saying I don't understand why fans are singing "Owen Coyle, is a keaner" after he makes a forced through injury substitution, but I can say that I think both those decisions have nothing but negative impact.

The problem is, others will view that and respond with "oh you love Venkys then" or "enjoy Venkys fc", or "you must be financially benefiting from it" or "is coyley your mate?" and that will cause another argument, more division in the fan base and less likelihood of fans uniting to have a louder voice.

Instead, let's not question others in such way - let's try to see things from others perspectives and utilise that to get more fans involved in protesting, funding online and meetings to discuss ideas.

If I was trying to get others involved - I'd be highlighting Coventry, Portsmouth, Blackpool and showing/educating fans of the similar trends.

I'd also be suggesting protests that don't impact at the stadium during matches - because (believe it or not) there are thousands who see protesting at a game as nothing but negative.

The original idea of filling the stadium with thousands of returning fans for a one off was the best idea for me, it combined a positive protest with re-engaging of thousands of fans. It was also forward thinking, advertising our club to potential new owners with a big fan base, not a 1/3 full stadium round our necks.

That's also linked to this last part - even the idea of "Venkys out" will not be taken on by all our fans, why? Because of one simple equation - who is next? Some people by nature will make a decision without knowing the outcome, others simply will never do that. Put a legitimate option in place for life after the Raos, and watch people find it easier to get involved!

And me. A Venky's Out day where everyone who has stopped going turns up for 90 minutes of protest. Banners, Flags and whatever else for 90 minutes of chanting against the owners and the FA. Even regulars at the games who are normally reluctant to protest would get caught up in it, like they did against Wigan. It could be planned for the next TV game after Wolves.

I'm not sure I agree that protesting at the ground isn't a good idea. Match Days are the only chance to get voices heard. And how do you differentiate between a 'positive' and 'negative' protest. If boycotters return they aren't returning to be 'positive', they are returning to get their voices heard protesting against the owners surely?

Archived