BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

Goaded ? Sounds like it was a simple enough question and to regret it does not mean he he didn't threaten a fan .

So if you don't think we are run as well as we should why do you hide away from the problem ?

I don't think I am hiding from the problem. Everyone has their own beliefs on what is happening and how it will end. Some, like, yourself believe that boycotting is right. Some, like myself, believe that to continue to support the team in its bid to stay afloat in the Championship is right. Some believe that the 1875 protest is right. From what I can see nobody is wrong as everyone is acting on how they feel and not allowing themselves to be pushed into positions they don't agree with.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which won't happen unless people are aware of what is going on. Which is the aim of initiatives / protests like Madon's India advert, the18in75out protest, etc. Nobody thinks they will leave off the back of simple protests like these, its all about bringing awareness to a larger audience. No-one will look for evidence if we all sit and do nothing, because no-one will think there is anything wrong.

Let me take those two points one by one.

1. If a majority of people are not already aware of what is happening at Blackburn, they are living on another planet. Unless I am missing something. If the last 5 years has not made them aware, I dont know what will. Awareness is NOT the issue.

a)Let us take the 2 protest ideas. Madon found it challenging to raise 2k for the advert. 25k fans and 2k pounds? Which is what 0.10 pounds per person or less? If this is considered success I don't know how failure is defined.

B) I am hoping against hope that the 18/75 protest works. If that flops, I will be convinced that a majority of the fans do not want Venky's out "at the moment". PERIOD and those who want them out are a minority. Unfortunately this will be the cold hard truth, there is no other way of putting it.

1. If a majority of people are not already aware of what is happening at Blackburn, they are living on another planet. Unless I am missing something. If the last 5 years has not made them aware, I dont know what will. Awareness is NOT the issue.

a)Let us take the 2 protest ideas. Madon found it challenging to raise 2k for the advert. 25k fans and 2k pounds? Which is what 0.10 pounds per person or less? If this is considered success I don't know how failure is defined.

B) I am hoping against hope that the 18/75 protest works. If that flops, I will be convinced that a majority of the fans do not want Venky's out "at the moment". PERIOD and those who want them out are a minority. Unfortunately this will be the cold hard truth, there is no other way of putting it.

Awareness is very much the issue. I know as i've spoken to many Rovers fans who aren't aware of some of the things that have gone at Ewood. Most fans don't read forum's like this, they just read the LT.

Whether they'd believe them if they knew is another matter.

On your first point, most ordinary supporters of other clubs away from the Rovers, that I have met or heard from seem to have no idea whatsoever what is going on at our club (Burnley fans may be an exception).

On your second point, you state if the protest should fail it would seem to show that the majority of fans do not want Venky's out at the moment. To me it might show, that applies to the fans still going to Ewood, not the majority that do not now attend.

1. Awareness IS the problem. You only need to speak to supporters of other clubs to know this. Where I live and work, everyone is either Utd, City, Liverpool or Everton fans. None of them know what has happened here. Not even a fraction of what has happened. Even a great number of our own fans around the town don't actually know what has happened. Yes,they know Venkys are awful owners and that they are taking us down to League 1, but they don't know what has actually happened. They don't know about the agents involved, they don't know about the Berg court case, they don't know about much of the going's on that Glen has told us about,because they don't frequent here or social media. We need to reach these people so they don't just think we are throwing our toys out the pram because the team is struggling. Give them the full facts and let them make their own mind up about what they want to do about it.

2. As I've said in point 1, 25k fans don't know the facts. It has so far relied on word of mouth and online following / retweeting. He has got off his arse and tried to do something. Just for that, you can't call it a failure. The initiative hasn't been abandoned yet anyway. Once more people know the full truth, more will be willing to help. By the way, have you donated yet?

3. I don't think it is a case of not wanting Venkys out, even at the moment. I think it's more they don't want to get involved in a protest, for whatever reason. It's just a shame you can't just close your eyes and wish them gone, without actually doing something, or they'd have been gone along time ago. I don't believe for one moment that it is a minority that want them out, I believe it is a minority that are willing to do something to get them out.

Sorry but awareness (or lack of) is one of the problems. I speak to fans who haven't an idea of the extent to which we have been ruined by the idiots. A typical example of this type is one who reads the official website and believes what they see. The presentation from the supporters meeting currently there just paints Rovers in a good light and isn't a reflection of what went on at the meeting on Thursday or how catastrophically bad our club is run. To some all is well and they just will not accept the reality of the situation. And some just don't want to know.

Awareness is very much the issue. I know as i've spoken to many Rovers fans who aren't aware of some of the things that have gone at Ewood. Most fans don't read forum's like this, they just read the LT.

Whether they'd believe them if they knew is another matter.

I'm sorry but if a fan is unaware of what is going on at this club, and doesn't make some effort to read about their club when it is clearly in crisis, they are NOT fans.

Sorry but awareness (or lack of) is one of the problems. I speak to fans who haven't an idea of the extent to which we have been ruined by the idiots. A typical example of this type is one who reads the official website and believes what they see. The presentation from the supporters meeting currently there just paints Rovers in a good light and isn't a reflection of what went on at the meeting on Thursday or how catastrophically bad our club is run. To some all is well and they just will not accept the reality of the situation. And some just don't want to know.

Surely they can read a League table? And it's the wrong league!

There were two things missing from Cheston's presentation:

1) The current league table.

2) Graph showing the last 6 years attendances (bums on seats not ticket sales).

:brfc:

It really might come to a point of starting a new club because if these lot are determined to hold on to it there is no limit to how far Rovers could drop.

All this talk of money I don't think is the issue, yes if someone offered 120 mill they'd be crazy to turn it down but that will never happen and they know it. Another 5 years and possibly another division or two lower, fanbase halved again and they're then in it for 200 million ?

Never ever ever getting their money back. Period.

Some say they'll never support a new Blackburn club but looking at the crowds now there is 8.5k sticking at it now and another 11.5k gone, how many of those would ? It may really be the only way.

• Backroom

As for the threatening of legal action, from what I heard on the broadcast, and from what I was told by folk who were there, he allowed himself to be goaded by people who were clearly there to get under his skin. The guy is human and his reaction, although not wise, was understandable. Look how we all react on here when we don't like a post that is aimed in our direction.

First of all, he is the director of a football club, not a fan on the Internet. Perspective needed Parson.

If you canot take questions (not even criticism, just a qiestion) about whether you've done your job probably, the only nerves it could strike is guilty over having done nothing or outrage having done a thousand unpublicised things. His threat of legal action after dodging the question clearly indicases the former, meaning he is unfit to carry out his role.

Secondly, a 'human reaction' implies you think it is natural to threaten people with court action if they ask you something. He was certainly not 'goaded' as you say, he was asked a question he has a duty to answer (multiple times) ano repeatedly dodged it.

A genuine 'human reaction' was his first one of 'well what have you done at work today?' as that is simply firing back. I can accept that. A direct threat of court action (stated multiple times) is not 'human', it is a premeditated attempt to silence somebody. If you think it is a 'human reaction', then I can only think you're determined to protect the people who are dismantling our club (exacerbated by your refusal to get involved in protest).

I appreciate your opinions Parson and you're very eloquent and intelligent, but I simply cannot agree with you here. You are sticking up for an unprofessional club director who verbally attacked a fan without provocation.

Just listened to the broadcast.

Owen Coyle certainly comes out with quite a bit of credibility.

I also think it was without question a worthwhile exercise in attending.

Great work by everyone who went in there asking the questions.

First of all, he is the director of a football club, not a fan on the Internet. Perspective needed Parson.

If you canot take questions (not even criticism, just a qiestion) about whether you've done your job probably, the only nerves it could strike is guilty over having done nothing or outrage having done a thousand unpublicised things. His threat of legal action after dodging the question clearly indicases the former, meaning he is unfit to carry out his role.

Secondly, a 'human reaction' implies you think it is natural to threaten people with court action if they ask you something. He was certainly not 'goaded' as you say, he was asked a question he has a duty to answer (multiple times) ano repeatedly dodged it.

A genuine 'human reaction' was his first one of 'well what have you done at work today?' as that is simply firing back. I can accept that. A direct threat of court action (stated multiple times) is not 'human', it is a premeditated attempt to silence somebody. If you think it is a 'human reaction', then I can only think you're determined to protect the people who are dismantling our club (exacerbated by your refusal to get involved in protest).

I appreciate your opinions Parson and you're very eloquent and intelligent, but I simply cannot agree with you here. You are sticking up for an unprofessional club director who verbally attacked a fan without provocation.

My impression listening was that Coar was accepting he hadn't done enough whilst trying to use his lack of power within the current structure as his excuse.

Paul and Rob are different animals I think would be fair to say.

Paul was pressing for a straight yes no answer.

Rob was giving a political weasel answer.

It was fair play until any legal threat was made.

Just how I read it after listening.

From what I heard Coar threatening of legal action, from what I heard on the broadcast, and from what I was told by folk who were there, he allowed himself to be goaded by people who were clearly there to get under his skin. The guy is human and his reaction, although not wise, was understandable. Look how we all react on here when we don't like a post that is aimed in our direction.

I used to really enjoy reading your posts Parson but this site has taken its toll on your ability to be reasonable and balanced.

You're clearly blaming BRAG here for trying to get under Coars skin, they asked the same question many times, respectfully, and everyone to a man and woman says Coar was out of order and a disgrace to the football club with his outlandish threat of legal action a part from you and your folk.

Wake up man

I'm sorry but if a fan is unaware of what is going on at this club, and doesn't make some effort to read about their club when it is clearly in crisis, they are NOT fans.

Ignorant comment.

If people don't read this website or the few blogs out there that deal with the murky goings on at Ewood they won't have a clue, unless somebody has told them. There's been nothing in the national media for years and even then it was only from a couple of journo's. There's never been anything in the LT. Other Rovers forums dismiss the evidence out of hand. Many people on this website didn't have a clue about what was in those documents until they were released, but a few on here have known for years.

See the issue about awareness?

Why do you think people feel the need to hand out leaflets at Ewood?

Anyway, it's not for you to decide who is a real fan or not. People in my family only know the things cos I've shown them (like the leaked docs) and they've been going on for 50 years. They just thought the Venky's were incompetent, like the thousands of Rovers fans that just read the LT.

Just listened to the broadcast.

Owen Coyle certainly comes out with quite a bit of credibility.

I also think it was without question a worthwhile exercise in attending.

Great work by everyone who went in there asking the questions.

Can you tell me anything worthwhile that came out of that meeting?

The writing was on the wall for Parson when he vehemently defended Bowyer in spite of our league position. If I recall, he postulated that Bowyer should only have been sacked once we started to get cut adrift in the relegation zone. I'm guessing he has some kind of vested interest at the club, as that would be the only rational explanation for such a misguided stance.

• Backroom

Direct audio proof (as opposed to previous assumption) of the poor attitude the directors have towards the fans.

It still leaves me gobsmacked tbh. Imagine the likes of Williams, Finn, or Goodman threatening court action because a question needed an answer. Just wouldn't happen.

You're missing the point Gav, which is what would the Club have made of it if fans hadn't turned up? Disinterested? Content?

It simply had to be done to avoid that, anything that came out of it is simply a bonus.

• Moderation Lead

I think rather than worrying what Parson has to say, those that want to bring about change should just crack on without him and leave him to it.

He clearly doesn't agree with a lot on here about what's happening and that's up to him. I can't get on board with his opinion, but he's still got the right to that opinion, whether the majority agree or not.

All these attempts to get him on board with the majority just remind me of Jehova's witnesses canvassing, trying to convert people....

Archived