BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro-Active Meeting

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't make it myself but cmon on why do you want to know . You won't do anything anyway . Blimy your umming and ayeing over 18/75

Trying to stay out of it but that's a fair point.

Just got back from footy training so missed out on attending. Hope it went well.

Rule 1 . Thou shan't question Chaddy

Rule 18 to 75 . See rule 1

can I asked what has been said during the meeting and any decisons that have been decide upon?

Why has this post remained ?

Why is he wrapped in cotton wool .

Not being argumentive here but WHY have posts been removed ? It was a genuine reply and question ?

Just back from meeting:

-fans feel relatively powerless

-we have to get more of the 8500 onside

-leafleting very soon

-3 phases of all this(Venkys Out is first phase)

-some of suggestions are about guerrilla warfare SO not for here

Overall, people volunteering to assist,250 quid raised, and no break-out of 'back biting'

Yes, about 70 or so there, and all very passionate. I could only stay for an hour and a half.

Nice to put faces to names on here.

For what it's worth, my summary from comments made:

1875 is worth doing

The youngsters are keen for direct action

1875 will actually achieve little

Need to educate the uneducated if at all possible

Have a real structured plan

Attack the loons in their back yard

How to structure the loons out banner to at least four generations

How to communicate with those who don't use social media

Think outside the box

Most of all hit them politely where it hurts; in their back pocket, shareholders, Indian press etc

My view is that the last point is the most telling, but needs real money, and who is going to be able to raise or donate such sums?

Is there one really relatively rich supporter who could put up, say £50k to set the ball rolling?

That's what it needs - a PR offensive in India. Sorry, I'm not that benefactor but that's the only way we will get rid as they ignore us otherwise?

Just back from meeting:

-fans feel relatively powerless

-we have to get more of the 8500 onside

-leafleting very soon

-3 phases of all this(Venkys Out is first phase)

-some of suggestions are about guerrilla warfare SO not for here

Overall, people volunteering to assist,250 quid raised, and no break-out of 'back biting'

£205 raised

Was any of these at last night meeting Mark Fish or Wayne Wild or Birdy?

Bird was present , Mark was working so sent his apologies, BRFCAG sent representation , as did the Rovers Trust.

I will type up a brief overview later today and pass it on to Andy Neill who took details of attendees to circulate .So everyone is aware what was discussed

I did mention placing a full page advert in the LT last night to communicate to those who still view it as gospel (yes there are still people like that out there) - now whether they agree to print it or would veto it I don't know but it would hit the spot with a lot of people who we need to get on board.

Are we going to consider this and will it be in the summary Glen? I'd assume it'd be relatively cheap compared to the same thing in the Indian press?

Finally, a huge thanks to those that attended last night. No shortage of passion and at least we came away with some sort of plan going forward - an area where the Blakey's meeting failed dismally. A special thanks to (I think it's mhead) and his use of the term "guerilla warfare" (I spoke briefly with you while getting in my car post meeting by the way) - you were a star of the show!!

Thanks LSRover for the endorsement.

It was a difficult meeting to manage(Glen was brimming full of passion and thoughts) but overall for an alfresco meeting it went very well.Thanks to the 'facilitator'.

Birdys comments at the end about 'laying down previous objections and rivalries' was well made. There was a common view that currently the club is dying and the people present did not want to say that 'we should have done something'.

I will donate monies to the "India Fund for Guerilla Marketing".....its a more unusual epitaph but the glory only comes when we restore benevolent owners. Sorry I have to fly off to Turkey on Friday BUT back for Wolves and back permanently after Christmas!

I did mention placing a full page advert in the LT last night to communicate to those who still view it as gospel (yes there are still people like that out there) - now whether they agree to print it or would veto it I don't know but it would hit the spot with a lot of people who we need to get on board.

Are we going to consider this and will it be in the summary Glen? I'd assume it'd be relatively cheap compared to the same thing in the Indian press?

Finally, a huge thanks to those that attended last night. No shortage of passion and at least we came away with some sort of plan going forward - an area where the Blakey's meeting failed dismally. A special thanks to (I think it's mhead) and his use of the term "guerilla warfare" (I spoke briefly with you while getting in my car post meeting by the way) - you were a star of the show!!

See my edited post LD

See my edited post LD

It was discussed putting the already produced leaflet as a full page in the LT.

Glen seemed to think they would do it for free.

Paul seemed to think they wouldn't want to do it due to it's nature.

Only one way to find out. Hopefully someone is asking them today.

Alternatives mentioned if the LT won't print were The Shuttle & The Herald.

Archived