BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro-Active Meeting

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preston and Newcastle matches now selected for Sky. Party time.

At home? If so that could make an 1875 type walk out even more visible as the Darwen End who are most likely to participate will be moved to the JW facing the cameras

Anyone that went to this last night - you guys are absolute heroes!

Not at all, just fans who are hurting and found the time to stand up and be counted.

• Backroom

At home? If so that could make an 1875 type walk out even more visible as the Darwen End who are most likely to participate will be moved to the JW facing the cameras

Not at all, just fans who are hurting and found the time to stand up and be counted.

Preston away, Newcastle at home.

Haven't much time but just to add as feel there are still elements that may not have been addressed and well done to all that contributed -and still feel some more 'direct action' is required once the leaflet handout has been done

a lot of angst and frustration but also good ideas ( already mooted in various quarters) and don't want to open up much from what I can remember as needs to stay away from open media but with mhead and the 'guerrilla warfare' direction

+ other

- the guy asking for help re the poster distribution - Great Harwood/ Rishton /Accy/Ossy etc

- The youngish lad who advise ' to hit them where it hurts ( does it as part of his job for companies I seem to recall)

- good contribution from the 'teens' that were there - showing that it has to spread and interact to include across all ages and viewpoints

- also good points from Mrs Bob F

Good to see and hear more who feel the same

Haven't much time but just to add as feel there are still elements that may not have been addressed and well done to all that contributed -and still feel some more 'direct action' is required once the leaflet handout has been done

a lot of angst and frustration but also good ideas ( already mooted in various quarters) and don't want to open up much from what I can remember as needs to stay away from open media but with mhead and the 'guerrilla warfare' direction

+ other

- the guy asking for help re the poster distribution - Great Harwood/ Rishton /Accy/Ossy etc

- The youngish lad who advise ' to hit them where it hurts ( does it as part of his job for companies I seem to recall)

- good contribution from the 'teens' that were there - showing that it has to spread and interact to include across all ages and viewpoints

- also good points from Mrs Bob F

Good to see and hear more who feel the same

That would be EwoodDawn

:brfc:

Newcastle is Monday 2nd Jan, not 1st. Kick-off is also unusually staying the same at 3pm.

It is a bank holiday that day, due to new years day falling on a Sunday, hence the 3.00pm Kick off time.

Wonder if them crazy geordies will be up for venkys out banners?

Can see them filling the Darwen End.

I remember years ago when Keegan was playing for them they came down here and outnumbered us. Least it felt like it to a little lad that I was then.

Wonder if them crazy geordies will be up for venkys out banners?

Can see them filling the Darwen End.

I remember years ago when Keegan was playing for them they came down here and outnumbered us. Least it felt like it to a little lad that I was then.

One of my early games as a youngster that, there was about 6k estimated in a crowd of about 14 thousand but the place was packed. Talk about crowd fiddling lol, ironically the season before there was only about 600 of them came down, Keegan certainly reignited football up there and I think his stints at the club helped them grow into what they are today. He was a huge signing for them back them.

Think the geordies of days gone by would have been on board with this but these days they just seem like a pished up set of gobshoites who come to places like Blackburn and get wait to tell us how 'our support is.....' compared to their fur coat and no knickers hoardes.

I'd have gone for mass/letterbox leaflet distribution you can pick the areas you want to target, ie; give the cricketing areas a miss.

Use plain bright coloured A5 sheet(not glossy) bold catchy heading with strong bullet points and more detailed info on the back, these would

not look like the usual glossy take away outlet/ home improvement stuff, so more likely to be read.

Send to 40-50,000 households in the East Lancs area, get a good discount for this quantity.

Just my opinion, but I have used this method in the past and had excellent results compared to large ad in local paper.

I was meaning get a company to do it, I think we paid around £25 per 1,000, although that was about 10 years ago, got a decent discount for

bulk drop though.

This lot have good reviews on various review sites, based in Samlesbury http://www.door2doornorthwest.co.uk/ quick guestimate based on their website for a shared distribution A5 5000 printed and distributed under 250 quid

This lot have good reviews on various review sites, based in Samlesbury http://www.door2doornorthwest.co.uk/ quick guestimate based on their website for a shared distribution A5 5000 printed and distributed under 250 quid

They look like a decent outfit although a bit expensive ?

I'm sure one of the sites infrequent posters, said a couple of weeks ago that he could organise something.

Got the impression he might be in the business ?

• Backroom

Regarding the leaflets. Could a PDF be available to be printed off by individuals? I would like to point off a dozen to give to the guys that I go to the games with.

Sure this won't be an issue, I think Paul Keogh from the action group will point you in the right direction when he sees this.

Archived