Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guessing you don't like Pasha, Andy?

This guy is here to do Balajis dirty work as quietly as possible

get rid of the filthy scrotum and it wont make any difference but it will stick a spoke in the wheel for a while.

Sorry bout the rant

Hes just doing his job but his job is screwing our club whilst being paid hansomly

If Coyle keeps us up he'll have proven me wrong for a start. I'll be glad to hold my hand up in that case. This window is crucial. A couple of good recruits and we could pull away.

I see Wigan are giving Ravel Morrison another chance at pro football. What a waste of talent he's been so far. If Sam couldn't sort him out I can't see Joyce having any luck.

• Backroom

If Coyle keeps us up he'll have proven me wrong for a start. I'll be glad to hold my hand up in that case. This window is crucial. A couple of good recruits and we could pull away.

I see Wigan are giving Ravel Morrison another chance at pro football. What a waste of talent he's been so far. If Sam couldn't sort him out I can't see Joyce having any luck.

Assume Joyce knows Morrison from his days at United, might think the lad will listen to him. Very unlikely imo, but on his day he's a real talent. A shame that he spends most of his days trying to be a gangsta fam, u get me, as opposed to a professional footballer.

Agree with that Tyrone. The main encouragement from the last three games is that he appears to have placed more emphasis on defence and we look much tighter that we have done for some time. Like you, if he gets the balance right and keeps us up I'll admit I was wrong about him. Still a long way to go though.

Proven us wrong? Nope just confirming what we knew.

We have annual outgoings far in excess of others at this level. Staying up should be the bare minimum expectation. I doubt Rotherham, Barnsley or Burton pay out the dough we do. Or Birmingham. Or many others.

Coyle would be over achieving if we were in or around the play-offs. Mid-table / lower mid-table is fair as we sold two central defenders and are very mixed up.

In the bottom three all year? Pathetic whether we stay up or not.

Pleasingly however a rocket scientist has explained to Coyle that if you stop conceeding three goals a game you sometimes get some points. Its taken him about 40 years in football to learn but the last three games have been a start. Albeit a lucky start but you get that luck with a plan, focus and determination sometimes.

Coyle Out. Simply as he should never have been recruited.

Proven us wrong? Nope just confirming what we new.

We have annual outgoings far in excess of others at this level. Staying up should be the bare minimum expectation. I doubt Rotherham, Barnsley or Burton pay out the dough we do. Or Birmingham. Or many others.

Coyle would be over achieving if we were in or around the play-offs. Mid-table / lower mid-table is fair as we sold two central defenders and are very mixed up.

Pleasingly however a rocket scientist has explained to Coyle that if you stop conceeding three goals a game you sometimes get some points. Its taken him about 40 years in football to learn but the last three games have been a start. Albeit a lucky start but you get that luck with a plan, focus and determination sometimes.

Great post oojw, can't disagree with any of that.

The only difference for me is the approach to looking at it. Personally I've given up on anything sensible happening at Rovers now. The day Lambert walked out the door, furious at Venkys transfer budget betrayal, was the day I metaphorically (and almost literally) started laughing in an unhinged manner and decided the only way to survive all this nonsense is to embrace the insanity and join the nuthouse.

Venkys managerial decision record is utterly deranged. Sacking Sam, hiring Kean, keeping Kean after he almost relegated us, sacking Kean with us 3rd in the table, hiring Berg on the basis of a patchy record in the Norwegian league, hiring Appleton on the basis of relegating Portsmouth, sticking with Bowyer after it became obvious he wouldn't get us in the play-offs, sacking Bowyer at a point where we were starting to recover from a bad start to the season, hiring Lambert (haaaaaallelujah!), p*****g Lambert off, hiring Coyle on the basis of being god awful for the last 4 years.

They're demented, absolutely demented. Either they won't sack Coyle for years no matter what happens, or they might sack him if he puts a good run together, or they might sack him if whichever dodgy agents who still have their fingers in the pie decide they have a more profitable option they can pitch to Venkys, or they might name a stand after him if Mrs Desai becomes romantically infatuated. Either way, the activity of matching results to desired managerial changes seems comically optimistic these days at Rovers. I don't think its possible for any fan to even predict, never mind influence, whether Coyle remains or not. So personally if he achieves anything good at all then I figure why not try and enjoy it.

Great post oojw, can't disagree with any of that.

The only difference for me is the approach to looking at it. Personally I've given up on anything sensible happening at Rovers now. The day Lambert walked out the door, furious at Venkys transfer budget betrayal, was the day I metaphorically (and almost literally) started laughing in an unhinged manner and decided the only way to survive all this nonsense is to embrace the insanity and join the nuthouse.

Venkys managerial decision record is utterly deranged. Sacking Sam, hiring Kean, keeping Kean after he almost relegated us, sacking Kean with us 3rd in the table, hiring Berg on the basis of a patchy record in the Norwegian league, hiring Appleton on the basis of relegating Portsmouth, sticking with Bowyer after it became obvious he wouldn't get us in the play-offs, sacking Bowyer at a point where we were starting to recover from a bad start to the season, hiring Lambert (haaaaaallelujah!), p*****g Lambert off, hiring Coyle on the basis of being god awful for the last 4 years.

They're demented, absolutely demented. Either they won't sack Coyle for years no matter what happens, or they might sack him if he puts a good run together, or they might sack him if whichever dodgy agents who still have their fingers in the pie decide they have a more profitable option they can pitch to Venkys, or they might name a stand after him if Mrs Desai becomes romantically infatuated. Either way, the activity of matching results to desired managerial changes seems comically optimistic these days at Rovers. I don't think its possible for any fan to even predict, never mind influence, whether Coyle remains or not. So personally if he achieves anything good at all then I figure why not try and enjoy it.

Enjoy it? :) Jeepers! That list of managerial decisions is ludicrous.

The only thing i would point out is that Kean resigned. The Venkys would never have reached such a sensible decision.

Assume Joyce knows Morrison from his days at United, might think the lad will listen to him. Very unlikely imo, but on his day he's a real talent. A shame that he spends most of his days trying to be a gangsta fam, u get me, as opposed to a professional footballer.

This could spell real danger to Rovers, If he knuckles down and shows his ability.

Proven us wrong? Nope just confirming what we knew.

As we've proved over and over again the amount of money we've managed to squander on second rate players is no indication of where we should be in the league. It's ability that matters. Appointing Coyle was the final straw for me because I could see that the combination of a very weak playing staff and a clueless manager would almost guarantee relegation. I would have put my house on us going down in August, that might still happen of course. If it doesn't Coyle will have proved me wrong.

As we've proved over and over again the amount of money we've managed to squander on second rate players is no indication of where we should be in the league. It's ability that matters. Appointing Coyle was the final straw for me because I could see that the combination of a very weak playing staff and a clueless manager would almost guarantee relegation. I would have put my house on us going down in August, that might still happen of course. If it doesn't Coyle will have proved me wrong.

You have been consistent all season with that view and so far bang on the money.

I believe however that there is some right old tosh in this division and lowwer to mid-table is a more realistic expectation than bottom three. We are presented as the paupers of this division, but it isnt the case. We just wax coin like there is no tomorrow.

Sorry if my post seemed a bit confrontational as that was not my intent.

I'd mostly disagree with that personally. Seems to me its a lot easier signing decent players than being a decent manager, and even the rubbish managers get it right a fair amount of the time. Kean was a notable exception I concede, but in my opinion that was because him and Anderson were up to something that had very little to do with trying to sign good players.

I think most fans would agree that Ince was a joke as a manager, but 2 of his signings (Robinson and Andrews) were first team regulars under Big Sam and another (Simpson) is a PL winner. Berg and Appleton were diabolical but the former brought in Josh King and the latter David Jones, who was virtually an ever-present in 2 promotion seasons for Burnley.

I think more often than not, even poor managers can sign decent players but then totally fail to motivate them. In my opinion Gallagher, Graham, Emnes, Conway, Marshall, Mulgrew and Steele are decent for this league. In my opinion even a steady-away cheapish manager like Steve Evans, who I'm sure we could easily have got in the summer, would have had us mid-table with this side. But, carried away though I may be getting, if our recent improvement does culminate in a comfortably safe finish, I do agree that Coyle won't have ended up performing that much below the level our squad is now naturally at.

Agree with that Tyrone. The main encouragement from the last three games is that he appears to have placed more emphasis on defence and we look much tighter that we have done for some time. Like you, if he gets the balance right and keeps us up I'll admit I was wrong about him. Still a long way to go though.

I wouldn't say if we finished fourth from bottom it would be a huge endorsement of his credentials Parson.

I'd say if he had us in a solid mid table position all season that would have been a huge achievement given the fact he has had various challenges. Lambert left us without a single striker under contract the at the end of last season and then the owners flogged our central defence over the manager's head.

However despite all that surely we have to set our sights somewhat higher than narrowly escaping relegation by the skin of our teeth each season?

I'd take any sort of escape this season - skin of teeth or otherwise.

The question is, why was Coyle such a success at Burnley, and why has he failed everwhere he's been since?

Agreed jim. But we don't have to be happy to accept that as par for the course every season surely?

As for Coyle, there must be examples of other managers who have done very well in one place and bombed everywhere else (one hit wonders) although I can't think off the top of my head.

Archived