BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

15 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Thing is it is hope. There's no evidence Coyle can carry on the good performance - indeed he's not seen two decent back to back performances all season. Come to think of it there's not been many isolated decent performances either. The man has shown he is inept at everything from man-management to substitutions with a specialty in failing to organize a defense. Not sure how people can even hope he can get a string of performances out of people.

Spot on.

That cup game was a disaster really. Gave people false hope.

Coyle will relegate us because he is an abysmal manager. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It's infuriating and exasperating that Coyle has not been removed.

It's highly unlikely his win percentage will suddenly improve and that means almost certain relegation.

A creditable performance in a cup tie, (bottom line is another defeat), will have no bearing on what's to come in my opinion.

In 1978 or 9 , I travelled to Anfield for a 4th Round FACup match ...We were bottom of the 2nd Division , Liverpool eere the top dogs !

We lost 1 nil in the last 5 minutes , scored ironically by Kenny ....I dont think we won another until we won at Sunderland near the seasons end , when we were alteady down ! 

I hope I am wrong but I think history could repeat itself ....Funny enough we beat West Ham ad well , when we were already down !

There was a crunch game against Oldham away  at Easter and we lost 5 nil......

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was a statement and not an interview

My view on Coyle is he needs to win 2 out of next 3 games. Coyle cant have any more excuses

For the sake of clarification who called it an "interview" ????? ........ how to start an argument in an empty room

Classic

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was a statement and not an interview

My view on Coyle is he needs to win 2 out of next 3 games. Coyle cant have any more excuses

Coyle needs to win two out of three. Then what? Youll be happy again?

15? games left. If we average less than a point per game we will go down.

We may need another 17 to 20 points. Big games against rivals coming up. 

Eminently achievable with this group of players, but easier with a decent manager.

Luck of the draw with Coyle, yet we may still survive, once the players start playing themselves.

11 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

In 1978 or 9 , I travelled to Anfield for a 4th Round FACup match ...We were bottom of the 2nd Division , Liverpool eere the top dogs !

We lost 1 nil in the last 5 minutes , scored ironically by Kenny ....I dont think we won another until we won at Sunderland near the seasons end , when we were alteady down ! 

I hope I am wrong but I think history could repeat itself ....Funny enough we beat West Ham ad well , when we were already down !

There was a crunch game against Oldham away  at Easter and we lost 5 nil......

It was 1979 I think, with their winner coming from a corner about 2 minutes from time. I was there that night and ended up gutted, but so proud to be a Rovers fan. It was sad we ended up going down that year, but what followed with Kendal and the immediate promotion back, more than made up for it. Sadly, if we drop this time, it won't happen again.

Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers, 30 January 1979

Score 1-0 to Liverpool
Competition FA Cup 4th round
Venue Anfield
Attendance 43,432

View Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers head to head

Just now, 1arC said:

It was 1979 I think, with their winner coming from a corner about 2 minutes from time. I was there that night and ended up gutted, but so proud to be a Rovers fan. It was sad we ended up going down that year, but what followed with Kendal and the immediate promotion back, more than made up for it. Sadly, if we drop this time, it won't happen again.

Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers, 30 January 1979

Score 1-0 to Liverpool
Competition FA Cup 4th round
Venue Anfield
Attendance 43,432

View Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers head to head

That was great night to be Rover except for that last 2 mins, the scousers appreciated the effort as well.

I heard about Kendal possibly leaving on the radio as I was coming out of Blackburn College and thinking why would he leave now when everything was on the up.

Then reality kicks in, same as when Gordon Lee left, we were not a big enough club to keep the good ones like we used to be pre max wage ending.

Jack Walker restored all that and made what he believed was provisions for the club to stand on its own 2 feet.

The owners have taken that away again and are abusing the Academy just to keep the revolving door turning and generating commission.

In the Lee/Kendal years we had people running the club who were Rovers, now we have chancers, liars and probably as yet un convicted criminals at the helm.

This not going to end well on any level.

It is amazing how some supporters can seemingly think that we will survive this current regime, with some willie waving that they been to Pune but can't say anything as they have signed a paper and took some coin.

Disgusting in the extreme.

My hope 1arC is that someone has a smoking and gun and can employ it very soon.

Just now, yoda said:

That was great night to be Rover except for that last 2 mins, the scousers appreciated the effort as well.

I heard about Kendal possibly leaving on the radio as I was coming out of Blackburn College and thinking why would he leave now when everything was on the up.

Then reality kicks in, same as when Gordon Lee left, we were not a big enough club to keep the good ones like we used to be pre max wage ending.

Jack Walker restored all that and made what he believed was provisions for the club to stand on its own 2 feet.

The owners have taken that away again and are abusing the Academy just to keep the revolving door turning and generating commission.

In the Lee/Kendal years we had people running the club who were Rovers, now we have chancers, liars and probably as yet un convicted criminals at the helm.

This not going to end well on any level.

It is amazing how some supporters can seemingly think that we will survive this current regime, with some willie waving that they been to Pune but can't say anything as they have signed a paper and took some coin.

Disgusting in the extreme.

My hope 1arC is that someone has a smoking and gun and can employ it very soon.

Good post  Yoda and yes it was a great night to be a Rover. I was 13 at the time and remember Liverpool were top dogs at that time. It was as good as I had seen us play in the seven years, I had been watching Rovers at that point. There are some people still fighting very hard to bring the people to task, who have shafted the club over the last few years. Although there are no guarantees, hopefully there will be some news in the not too distant future.

• Tom locked this topic

Archived