BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

The manager should be asking himself that question.

Senior and the owners should be asking themselves whether our repeated failure to perform to our maximum is acceptable over a period of 7 months and nearly 30 league games and whether this manager is capable of now delivering United/Wednesday style performances AND wins to go with them on a regular basis.

If not, which is almost certainly going to be the case, then they should be asking themselves whether another manager could do better, as these players have shown more than once that they actually aren't as bad as we feared at the start of the season.

If so then they should be on the phone asking Coyle to clear his desk and bring in one of those managers to come in and keep us up.

Senior has gone very quiet all of a sudden. After the initial fanfare and nonsense spouted in his interviews I expect he'll become another silent director to complement Cheston and Coar, not quite invisible like Pasha but might as well be.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JHRover said:

Senior has gone very quiet all of a sudden. After the initial fanfare and nonsense spouted in his interviews I expect he'll become another silent director to complement Cheston and Coar, not quite invisible like Pasha but might as well be.

Hasn't he? Not heard a peep out of him since he claimed we'd added value to the squad by retaining Emnes on loan until the end of the season and bringing in Joao on a similar basis.

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Often said but there is no benefit  to anyone to us doing badly. Even if there are hangers on leeching off the Club such as agents the better we do the more money everyone makes.

Not if there is  a load of players to be moved out, paid off in summer then another load of cheapo replacements brought in. 10% of a load of somethings is better than 10% of nothing. They can't lose except maybe if we stayed up and there are no in's and outs at all really, doubt they would push for the drop on purpose but i wouldn't trust their advice a bit.

We desperately need defendersto fight against the drop yet the latest guy in situ brings in a striker we don't need from his old pals..............

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Often said but there is no benefit  to anyone to us doing badly. Even if there are hangers on leeching off the Club such as agents the better we do the more money everyone makes.

True but Imagine if Venkys want to minimise this and cut costs to breakeven level. Huge difference in wages / recruitment costs between championship and league 1/2...

Not going to get their money back but seriously lower losses in the future whilst cutting off the money to the dark/silent partners.

Just now, Athlete said:

the real owners ????????????????//

Kentaro, Crescendo, Jerome Anderson, Steve Kean, Huber, Sella, De Monteluce, Coyle, Nicholas, Jim White. There are plenty out there having a little cut. ;-)

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Again no backing for Coyle, it's clear that they don't get on but Senior doesn't have the power to sack him. Senior was either lying when he came in or Venkys lied to him, if its the latter he should resign.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Again no backing for Coyle, it's clear that they don't get on but Senior doesn't have the power to sack him. Senior was either lying when he came in or Venkys lied to him, if its the latter he should resign.

he will after his big exciting summer transfer window..................mmmmmm

2 hours ago, klc_2012 said:

True but Imagine if Venkys want to minimise this and cut costs to breakeven level. Huge difference in wages / recruitment costs between championship and league 1/2...

Not going to get their money back but seriously lower losses in the future whilst cutting off the money to the dark/silent partners.

That might work if our income levels stayed the same in League 1 but they wouldn't, they'd be decimated even further. Can't see how our net financial position wouldn't be far worse than it is now.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It was a statement and not an interview

My view on Coyle is he needs to win 2 out of next 3 games. Coyle cant have any more excuses

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That might work if our income levels stayed the same in League 1 but they wouldn't, they'd be decimated even further. Can't see how our net financial position wouldn't be far worse than it is now.

My reasoning was/is that the players wages are the biggest expense and wages in L1/2 "should" be seriously lower (like 15-20million lower) whilst income will reduce by around 5-10 million compared to the Championship. I could be completely wrong...

(posted on different thread earlier - sorry)

Just now, klc_2012 said:

My reasoning was/is that the players wages are the biggest expense and wages in L1/2 "should" be seriously lower (like 15-20million lower) whilst income will reduce by around 5-10 million compared to the Championship. I could be completely wrong...

(posted on different thread earlier - sorry)

I don't see how you arrived at your figures

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was a statement and not an interview

My view on Coyle is he needs to win 2 out of next 3 games. Coyle cant have any more excuses

Problem is, he ran out of excuses a long time ago, but it doesn't matter whether you think he has to win 2 of the next 3, or, as I think, he should already have been potted, he's going when they decide he's outlived his usefulness or he decides he's had enough. So I'll carry on protesting but I'm not holding my breath

Just now, gumboots said:

Problem is, he ran out of excuses a long time ago, but it doesn't matter whether you think he has to win 2 of the next 3, or, as I think, he should already have been potted, he's going when they decide he's outlived his usefulness or he decides he's had enough. So I'll carry on protesting but I'm not holding my breath

Pragmatism V Blind Faith

1st one every time

:D

6 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Problem is, he ran out of excuses a long time ago, but it doesn't matter whether you think he has to win 2 of the next 3, or, as I think, he should already have been potted,

don't disagree but he is still here so we have to hope we can carry on the good performances from Sunday and get the win

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

don't disagree but he is still here so we have to hope we can carry on the good performances from Sunday and get the win

The problem is if he hasn't gone after what's happened over the last month or two, I can't see him going even if we lost 2 of the next 3. 

Also,  the games come thick and fast after Friday so sacking him during March means preparation will be interrupted. The gap between Sheffield Weds and Burton was (is) the ideal time to change.

Just now, Hasta said:

The problem is if he hasn't gone after what's happened over the last month or two, I can't see him going even if we lost 2 of the next 3. 

Also,  the games come thick and fast after Friday so sacking him during March means preparation will be interrupted. The gap between Sheffield Weds and Burton was (is) the ideal time to change.

Agreed but this is Venkys. 

Appleton was sacked in March and Bowyer took over for the final 9 games

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thing is it is hope. There's no evidence Coyle can carry on the good performance - indeed he's not seen two decent back to back performances all season. Come to think of it there's not been many isolated decent performances either. The man has shown he is inept at everything from man-management to substitutions with a specialty in failing to organize a defense. Not sure how people can even hope he can get a string of performances out of people. 

Mind you having said that I think we'll beat Burton in spite of Clueless's management. I also am pretty confident as others have said Coyle will be going nowhere. No chance Venkys will get rid as he is the perfect foil for them. 

Archived