SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Correct as far as this player is concerned but not the point which is the fanbase being continually lied to and treated with complete contempt.

By now you should be used to, and not be surprised, by the fact that we as fans are treated with contempt. Just do not believe anything coming out of their mouths.

looks like a sacking at the LET might be more likely ...................has someone there finally grown some??

Simon Smith says......

But it is clearly a case of the players having little respect for the manager and in this climate of ‘player power’ this malaise will continue until Coyle goes. He has brought his own players in yet they also seem to lack a fear of letting him down.

Relegation is now a probability rather than a possibility.

Another Senior Meeting in the offing?

Senior said " One of my key roles is to make sure I safeguard the future of the club, by getting the recruitment right, but not just in terms of footballing ability, getting the right personalities in to the football club at the right prices. "

So basically your FIRST job at Ewood you've f**k up with. 

Just now, Glosrover said:

Simon Smith says......

But it is clearly a case of the players having little respect for the manager and in this climate of ‘player power’ this malaise will continue until Coyle goes. He has brought his own players in yet they also seem to lack a fear of letting him down.

When Coyle was at Burnley, he always came across to as one of those "gentle" managers. The difference, I think, is that he went to Burnley with a huge amount of respect and excitement surrounding him. It was clearly the right situation for him to be in. Momentum was with him, he was at a club that, although had few resources (note the word "had"), had no internal problems, and we know what happened after that.

Burnley didn't improve their squad after promotion and I'm sure that, even after a decent start, Coyle saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship while he was arguably still on the rise himself. Unfortunately for him, he moved to a club with huge internal problems, and has moved to two more with huge internal problems since then, failing to turn things around at all three.

Most managers don't change their methods or style of management. I doubt Coyle would ever change from being "gentle". It clearly hasn't worked, and the only way that a turn in our fortunes is going to happen is by changing the manager. I'm stating the obvious. But if I can state it and put it down in a clear context, the senior staff at Rovers, for whatever reason, clearly aren't doing, or can't do, anything.

What a hugely frustrating time for fans this last six years has been. :(

No real surprise  that Coyle hasn't been sacked but difficult to imagine he isn't on shaky ground nevertheless.

For me if you're going to sack him it would make more sense to pot him after the Man Ure game. No real sense in subjecting a new manager to a possible gubbing by the Mancs especially if it's the inexperienced  combo of Dunn and Johnson taking over temporarily.

Just now, chor808 said:

From twitter

These rumours about Owen Coyle being sacked are just rumours. People at @Rovers have told me this afternoon that OC remains manager #Rovers

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

This is from Phil Cunliffe from BBC Radio Lancs

12 minutes ago, Amarillo said:

Wow, some of you actually thought he was getting potted? Oh, my sweet summer children...

aren't you a Villarreal fan?

Lancashire Telegraph now declaring relegation a probability rather than a possibility. Some criticism aimed towards Coyle also. Penny might finally be dropping over there.

I'd say relegation has been a probability rather than a possibility ever since the summer. Whether you put the starting point at Lambert's resignation, the botched managerial search, the disgraceful appointment of Coyle as manager, the decision to continue selling all our assets or the decision to invest nothing, or the opening day humiliation against Norwich, I've been fully expecting relegation since the start.

It's not a case of 'I told you this would happen' but I did along with thousands upon thousands of other supporters. We all saw it coming months and months ago when we had time and transfer windows on our side to do something about it, but only now are the local media coming round to the idea that its probably going to happen.

• Backroom

Telegraph just moving the goalposts and dumbing down

Next it will be how relegation is inevitable but was always going to happen this season and now the manager has to prepare for next season.

Literally nobody is willing to give him a hard time, Bayes makes up excuses for him weekly before Coyle even speaks 

It was posted this morning that players and staff were in for training today. However somebody I know with a contact at the club reckons players and staff have had the last 2 days off. Anybody else able to shed light on this? I'm clinging on to the vain hope that this is the reason for the delay in sacking him! 

I'm just desperate for him to go. I agree with the sentiment that it in reality it changes very little as long as Venkys remain, but it would at least make things a little more interesting for the next few games.

Archived