Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Neal said:

FFS...

Listen Neal, you might have you way of thinking - and tbh I don't blame you, as I agree on certain things but you can't get angry at people for still having some element of hope!

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Listen Neal, you might have you way of thinking - and tbh I don't blame you, as I agree on certain things but you can't get angry at people for still having some element of hope!

I'm not disagreeing that he would be a good manager choice but honestly... What makes people think he would come here if he wouldn't take the Forrest job? Watch the interview on SSN.

These people employed Owen Coyle FFS, this is the standard of employment fans should be expecting. If Gary Rowett decides he's gone absolutely barking mad and shows an interest in this job then fair play but he seems like a very down to earth well centered person... Deserves better than putting his career at risk under those @#/?s.

Was it remotely going to happen 

What if it did does anyone seriously think that Rowett or any other outstanding candidate is going to come In and report into senior.. No me neither we'd probably end up with another no mark 

Even saying the above we need to twist and take a gamble any normal club would and have but unfortunately we're not a normal club 

Just now, Neal said:

I'm not disagreeing that he would be a good manager choice but honestly... What makes people think he would come here if he wouldn't take the Forrest job? Watch the interview on SSN.

These people employed Owen Coyle FFS, this is the standard of employment fans should be expecting. If Gary Rowett decides he's gone absolutely barking mad and shows an interest in this job then fair play but he seems like a very down to earth well centered person... Deserves better than putting his career at risk under those @#/?s.

I know - it was a frustrating FFS to me as we should want someone with some recent proven experience! I have seen the interview and I agree that he deserves better but don't forget the lifespan of managers, how quickly things and recent success can be forgotten.

In some ways, it should be an easy sell; keep us up and you're a hero, take us down and it was Owen Coyle and the owners cutbacks that cost us. Perfect for some CVs in need of an extra feather. They could even walk away in 4 months regardless of division.

I can't get excited about this. Until the Chicken Chokers are gone it really doesn't matter who we get in, they'll still have us set up to fail. If some " miracle  worker " came in and got the players performing the best ones would be still sold off for the first offer we get.

I intend to maintain a watching brief but until they're gone my main focus is on my Rugby League team.

43 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Has he gone then? Is this all based off Senior calling into a meeting? 

Seems we are not even sure Senior called a meeting.  Hey anything to hold on to, any small glimmer of hope, wish they'd just get it over with.

It was probably a meeting to "touch base" regarding contract negotiations by Senior ....

"Jase has been rewarded for his loyalty over the years with an improved 5 year contract, oh and we've used all our budget so Connor Mahoney and Scott Wharton will be leaving in the summer".

"Okay Paul, no problem. Thanks!"

I can see Dunny and Johnson being brought in until the end of the season. Dunny, whilst nowhere near being an option for long term manager might be able to give us that short term bounce needed in the upcoming games or it could be an unmitigated disaster, either way at least we'd be able to get behind him.

Archived