BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venkys London Ltds accounts were due to be filed by 31st December.

As of 30th December they weren't online, I haven't checked since.

It may be they have been submitted but are yet to be put online.

Should make interesting reading to say the least.

I've been waiting for them.

From experience it's usually between 3-5 days of sending CH documents that they put them online.

Wonder if sacking KPMG and going local again is to get the going concern bit signed off unqualified.

In the event there is a qualification then it most likely will be good bye to the SBOI credit line, and as they would be the biggest creditor allegedly then they may demand full repayment of any loans. :tu:

That tends to be the catalyst for clubs in similar situations as ours pre-admin.

Has anyone else seen the rumour online that Rovers approached Simon Grayson about taking over in the summer after Lambert had quit but Grayson astonishingly turned it down?

Another baffling, bizarre and mysterious turn of events.

If true I really do wonder what was going on in their warped minds. Do they really think someone like Grayson would ditch PNE to come here for no money and this shambles?

I think he'd be a good Rovers manager one day but like Lambert it would have ended in disaster here.

Makes me wonder what they've been offering to managers. Must have offered Lambert big money to get him to come here then left him in the lurch. Warnock wouldn't have entertained talks without being offered a decent go at things and if they seriously thought they could entice Grayson out of PNE then they must have been planning to pay compo and give him more money than they were. Very odd when you then look at what's gone on under Coyle with no money for additions, unless Coyle has brought it on himself by offering to do the job for nowt and they are holding him to it.

Has anyone else seen the rumour online that Rovers approached Simon Grayson about taking over in the summer after Lambert had quit but Grayson astonishingly turned it down?

Another baffling, bizarre and mysterious turn of events.

If true I really do wonder what was going on in their warped minds. Do they really think someone like Grayson would ditch PNE to come here for no money and this shambles?

I think he'd be a good Rovers manager one day but like Lambert it would have ended in disaster here.

Makes me wonder what they've been offering to managers. Must have offered Lambert big money to get him to come here then left him in the lurch. Warnock wouldn't have entertained talks without being offered a decent go at things and if they seriously thought they could entice Grayson out of PNE then they must have been planning to pay compo and give him more money than they were. Very odd when you then look at what's gone on under Coyle with no money for additions, unless Coyle has brought it on himself by offering to do the job for nowt and they are holding him to it.

I think they always had in mind to use Lambert that's why the clause. Get Rhodes through the door finally and a nice little bonus from Olsson to pay off the last lot then just hope Lambert could do something special but they were always going to dispatch with him because he wanted to spend and it was never ever going to happen.

Rhodes wages got used for the incomings so it didn't cost them much at all if anything and it kept the fans minds occupied for a bit. The excitement of it quelled any anger a few might have had from sacking Bowyer so it was a no lose really for them. He didn't pull off a miracle but he kept us up comfortably even after selling the best left back and highest scoring striker.

Lambert wanted Rhodes out. He was never going to be his type of striker. I did post this at the time and after a couple of games.

Plus lets not forget when the Rhodes deal broke down and he went back to Brockhall, didnt Lambert tell him to sort it out with Boro and move there. On transfer deadline day that happened

He always want a strong target man with skillful number 10/striker. We signed Graham and Watt to be this

It was no doubt a balancing act.

Up to Rhodes leaving we'd played in the loan and bargain bucket aisle with Ward and Bennett. Lambert knew better was needed but the money didn't materialise under the pretence that it was too risky with FFP and that money would come in the summer (always tomorrow with this lot, never today)

Lambert probably decided that if it meant he got the neck end of £10 million to play with and assemble his own squad and Rhodes' wages freed up then he was a sacrifice worth making as it was unlikely anyone else would ever offer £9 million+ again. In an ideal world he'd have kept him as any manager would keep a player with his record if aiming for promotion, but if it was a choice between get rid of Rhodes and have some cash or keep him and get no money then it was a no-brainer.

In the event Venkys weren't prepared to stump up the cash themselves then the Rhodes windfall ought to at least ensure Lambert had something to work with.

No doubt he was led to believe by someone at Rovers that the money would be reinvested to support him in putting a stronger squad together.

Then once the cash was banked it didn't materialise. Lambert had realised by this stage that he'd been had hook line and sinker like so many others over the years and there was never going to be any money.

Lambert wanted Rhodes out. He was never going to be his type of striker. I did post this at the time and after a couple of games.

Plus lets not forget when the Rhodes deal broke down and he went back to Brockhall, didnt Lambert tell him to sort it out with Boro and move there. On transfer deadline day that happened

He always want a strong target man with skillful number 10/striker. We signed Graham and Watt to be this

I wouldn't like to bet that Lambert was told to push Rhodes out.. As for Danny Graham apart from his spell with us after the initial period and Watford he's hardly been prolific compared to Rhodes.. Maybe we got lucky with Graham

I wouldn't like to bet that Lambert was told to push Rhodes out.. As for Danny Graham apart from his spell with us after the initial period and Watford he's hardly been prolific compared to Rhodes.. Maybe we got lucky with Graham

Graham has scored 8 or 9 in his last 10 games?Not bad for someone who isn't prolific plus much more to Grahams game than there was with Rhodes.Rhodes wanted to leave anyway and Chaddy is right Lambert did want to sell him

at the risk of going over old ground , i dont think any manager "wants" to sell a 25 goal a season striker , but Lambert saw his obvious weaknessess , and rightly or wrongly assumed he would see the vast share of a £10m fee , from which he could replace all those goals and improve the overall quality of the team/squad . When it became clear that money wasnt forth coming , he had to quit

Graham has scored 8 or 9 in his last 10 games?Not bad for someone who isn't prolific plus much more to Grahams game than there was with Rhodes.Rhodes wanted to leave anyway and Chaddy is right Lambert did want to sell him

What got reinvested in the squad... Zilch zero Nada

Btw do not try and say Danny Graham is a better striker than JR... Also if you read what I say he's been prolific for us and a spell in the sun at Watford

As others have said, do you think Lambert wanted to sell if he was going to get no funds for replacements?

Lambert may have wanted to sell based on false promises made to him. I suspect those promises were made so that the manager would agree to cash in on the prized asset.

What got reinvested in the squad... Zilch zero Nada

Btw do not try and say Danny Graham is a better striker than JR... Also if you read what I say he's been prolific for us and a spell in the sun at Watford

Danny Graham is a better all round player than Rhodes.Rhodes is a better finisher.And you didn't say he was prolific for us you said apart from when he first joined under Lambert he had hardly been prolific since.

Also don't know what the first part of your response is about?Nobody is disputing that we didn't reinvest the Rhodes money?

As others have said, do you think Lambert wanted to sell if he was going to get no funds for replacements?

Lambert may have wanted to sell based on false promises made to him. I suspect those promises were made so that the manager would agree to cash in on the prized asset.

I have no doubt that Lambert thought he would be able to use the Rhodes money.But I also believe that Lambert didn't rate Rhodes

• Backroom

Rhodes' form declined dramatically under Lambert, so I imagine he originally saw selling Rhodes as a win-win as long as he was given the money to reinvest in the summer.

Obviously, once he realised the money was not there and the club was a complete circus he decided to get out. Can't blame him. I don't think Rhodes leaving had much bearing on anything, only that the money from his transfer was being trousered and wage reductions were still on the horizon.

Danny Graham is a better all round player than Rhodes.Rhodes is a better finisher.And you didn't say he was prolific for us you said apart from when he first joined under Lambert he had hardly been prolific since.

Also don't know what the first part of your response is about?Nobody is disputing that we didn't reinvest the Rhodes money?

I have no doubt that Lambert thought he would be able to use the Rhodes money.But I also believe that Lambert didn't rate Rhodes

why

why

Lambert was leaving Rhodes out of the starting 11 more often than not.And if you look at Lambert's managerial career with each team he managed he liked to build his teams around a striker who could hold the ball up and bring others into play...Bentteke at villa,Holt at Norwich and Graham with Rovers.

Rhodes was a great finisher I'm not disputing that but the rest of his game was poor and we didn't have a strong enough midfield to carry him.

Imo the group of fowards we have at the club now are better than the group that we had at the start of last season.

Point your missing is Rhodes wanted a move for a while and Bowyer & Shaw wanted to sell him for a while. Lambert was the man who came in and got the job done and was obviously told this was ok by the owners and he was under the impression he'd get the funds. Not sure he'd have been so keen to get rid if he knew he wasn't getting a penny.

Point your missing is Rhodes wanted a move for a while and Bowyer & Shaw wanted to sell him for a while. Lambert was the man who came in and got the job done and was obviously told this was ok by the owners and he was under the impression he'd get the funds. Not sure he'd have been so keen to get rid if he knew he wasn't getting a penny.

You are right.

I think Bowyer wanted to sell Rhodes when Hull bid 14 mil and I think we should have sold aswell. Plus I think Gestede and King are more suited to being a partnership them Rhodes and Gestede.

Plus didnt Bowyer make enquiry for Chris Wood was at Leicester?

You are right.

I think Bowyer wanted to sell Rhodes when Hull bid 14 mil and I think we should have sold aswell. Plus I think Gestede and King are more suited to being a partnership them Rhodes and Gestede.

The one thing Lambert brought with him was being able to pull in a decent player or two and at least they didn't let Rhodes go until Graham was here and playing and that's why i think Lambert was a big pat of the Rhodes out equation. Not sure Gaz would have had enough clout to bring in a decent replacement so whoever was behind it at least got that bit right. Probably Shaw and Myers as it's far too sensible for Venkys....

You are right.

Agree about Gestede and King. Really sad to think what we could have done with those two up front, Cairney, Marshall and Conway behind them.

Danny Graham is a better all round player than Rhodes.

Rhodes over 20 goals In 6 consecutive seasons.. Enough said fella

Graham been decent enough recently for us but when he first signed took him a while to get going and had a great season at Watford

Strikers live and die for putting the ball in the net...

Rhodes over 20 goals In 6 consecutive seasons.. Enough said fella

Graham been decent enough recently for us but when he first signed took him a while to get going and had a great season at Watford

Strikers live and die for putting the ball in the net...

We will agree to disagree,like I said Rhodes is the better finisher but the rest of his game is rubbish if it wasn't he would be playing for a top side not rotting away in a goal shy Boro team.Graham is on a lot less money than Rhodes too...give me Danny Graham on max 20k a week over Jordan Rhodes on 45k a week any day.

Archived