BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

You are right.

Plus I think Gestede and King are more suited to being a partnership them Rhodes and Gestede.

How many goals did Gestede and Rhodes score when they played together that season?

How many partnerships have scored more goals combined in the Championship recently?

Lambert was leaving Rhodes out of the starting 11 more often than not..

Errr OK. Rhodes started every league game under Lambert.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many goals did Gestede and Rhodes score when they played together that season?

How many partnerships have scored more goals combined in the Championship recently?

Said it at the time despite 40 goals in the team we had the worst midfield going. Playoffs denied by late equalisers from Watford and Brighton.

Gaz on a shoestring worked miracles that year and was so close. Even Dann was sold in January! Was that when we picked up cairney and rudy on permanent deals for less than 500k and Duffy for 1 million?

Lee Williamson and Jason Lowe in midfield yet Williamson still looked a cut above technically excluding pace.

Said it at the time despite 40 goals in the team we had the worst midfield going. Playoffs denied by late equalisers from Watford and Brighton.

Gaz on a shoestring worked miracles that year and was so close. Even Dann was sold in January! Was that when we picked up cairney and rudy on permanent deals for less than 500k and Duffy for 1 million?

Lee Williamson and Jason Lowe in midfield yet Williamson still looked a cut above technically excluding pace.

"Gaz" withhis nehative style held back the most attack-minded Rovers side since Souness.

"Gaz" playing Lowe in the centre at the expense of Cairney, Tunnicliffe and others was a major part of that negativity.

"Gaz" brought in wheat and chaf in equal measure, which isn't itself awful, but he had no idea how to get the best out of them, let alone get them fit.

"Gaz" is a League Two manager who only Rovers would trust with their parachute payments. He got out of jail when Shebby signed Rhodes first time around and when he was on a shoestring (under embargo) couldn't produce results.

yeah sorry my mistake he rarely scored under Lambert so I forgot he started.

Lambert nearly had a coronary when the Rhodes move to Boro broke down so I think it's a fair assumption that he wanted him out. Why, when he clearly never intended staying beyond his break clause we'll never know.

As for Graham being better than Rhodes that's nonsense imo. He can hardly move at the moment and has looked a pale shadow of the player he was before he earned a permanent contract. His return this season would look a bit thin if you take the penalties out and he didn't turn up at all in the opening months of the season.

But Lambert did play him every game so adds nothing to the argument that Lambert wanted him out.

who else Did we have Brown?In any of lamberts previous job's he didn't sign or play a Rhodes type.He couldn't get Rhodes out the door quick enough.Look you have your opinion and I have mine.I think Rhodes is a good finisher but all round he is a poor player imo.And like i said if he had an all round game he would be playing for a top side.Boro can't score goals..yet he can't get anywhere near the side..wonder why that is

who else Did we have Brown?In any of lamberts previous job's he didn't sign or play a Rhodes type.He couldn't get Rhodes out the door quick enough.Look you have your opinion and I have mine.I think Rhodes is a good finisher but all round he is a poor player imo.And like i said if he had an all round game he would be playing for a top side.Boro can't score goals..yet he can't get anywhere near the side..wonder why that is

Rhodes cant get in Boro side in prem

Your hero Graham only had Rovers nocking at his door. 22nd in championship.

Lambert nearly had a coronary when the Rhodes move to Boro broke down so I think it's a fair assumption that he wanted him out. Why, when he clearly never intended staying beyond his break clause we'll never know.

As for Graham being better than Rhodes that's nonsense imo. He can hardly move at the moment and has looked a pale shadow of the player he was before he earned a permanent contract. His return this season would look a bit thin if you take the penalties out and he didn't turn up at all in the opening months of the season.

coronary? i suppose you can back this up?

Rhodes cant get in Boro side in prem

Your hero Graham only had Rovers nocking at his door. 22nd in championship.

Graham is far from my hero,decent championship player..just saying I would rather have a Danny graham who is on 20k a week rather than Rhodes on 45k a week.If your going to have a go at me for rating Graham why not have a go at others who treat think of Rhodes in the same way as Alan Shearer.Graham also scored 12 league goals in swansea'so debut season in the prem.When both their careers are over Danny Graham will have made more premier league appearances than Rhodes

Come on chaps. It's fairly obvious that Lambert sacrificed Rhodes so that he would have cash to reinvest. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the start of his departure from the club.

Graham is far from my hero,decent championship player..just saying I would rather have a Danny graham who is on 20k a week rather than Rhodes on 45k a week.If your going to have a go at me for rating Graham why not have a go at others who treat think of Rhodes in the same way as Alan Shearer.Graham also scored 12 league goals in swansea'so debut season in the prem.When both their careers are over Danny Graham will have made more premier league appearances than Rhodes

That well remains to be seen...

And the reason for that looked to be that Lambert had been promised the Rhodes money and wages to build his own side and had already got some of his guys in.

Marriage made in heaven for Venkys and co, he didn't trust them enough so wanted a clause and they always had it in mind to get rid without committing to a proper contract once he done the dirty work unless he'd performed a miracle with the peanuts given.

10/12 mill brought in and about 50k pwk off wages. Managerial changes and coaches all paid for,incomings covered by wages off loaded and a nice profit at the end of it. Plus he kept us up when in truth we were looking like struggling.

A gamble that didn't pay off football wise but certainly did money wise so they didn't give a flying one.

Because Venkys told him when he arrived here that they weren't giving him any money to spend but he'd get 100% of any transfer fees he brought in? Sounds the most likely scenario to me and why he'd be having a coronary to get Rhodes out considering it was his only opportunity to properly improve a squad that desperately needed improving. We secured the Rhodes sale, and low and behold he got jack all of it to spend anyway. No wonder he quit.

Because Venkys told him when he arrived here that they weren't giving him any money to spend but he'd get 100% of any transfer fees he brought in? Sounds the most likely scenario to me and why he'd be having a coronary to get Rhodes out considering it was his only opportunity to properly improve a squad that desperately needed improving. We secured the Rhodes sale, and low and behold he got jack all of it to spend anyway. No wonder he quit.

Were we ever able to spend any of it having just come out of embargo??? FFP was the best thing that ever happened to venkys-I bet they loved it.

• Backroom

Were we ever able to spend any of it having just come out of embargo??? FFP was the best thing that ever happened to venkys-I bet they loved it.

You'd be forgiven for thinking we still were embargoed!

You're probably technically right. I just never accept the transfer embargo as being a genuine restriction. There have to be ways round it when you look at what Man City have spent in the last 5 years. I mean last season they announced a record turnover of £390m, £180m of which came from the vaguely define "commercial sources". Liverpool, who have a significantly larger global fanbase, earned £100m from commercial sources in the same season. Something very fishy going on there and I'm pretty sure Mansour is injecting at least £100m a season into City through indirect means that isn't picked up by FFP. If Venkys really wanted to get round it, they could.

Come on chaps. It's fairly obvious that Lambert sacrificed Rhodes so that he would have cash to reinvest. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the start of his departure from the club.

Sure you are right. Can imagine the scenario, Lambert, " Right, here's my list, player A,B & C, transfer fees and wages come out just under the 9 mil we got for Jordan", What you mean I can't have it? I'm off then.

i bet the chaddometer has swung back

Why bring me into it?

Ive said my opinion on this but yet again you just cant leave me alone.

If Coyle produce results and get us mid table by end of the season then he would have proven the majority of us wrong. I hope he can produce Results then it will mean we stay up this season

Archived