BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Backroom

From a Newcastle forum:

"to be fair to owen coyle - he's outmanouvered (sic) rafa both times this season."

Any chance of a swap? Tinkerman for Tinkler?

Aye, cunning strategy from our boy Owen to get utterly destroyed for 95% of the game and rely on a single shot on target to win. It's baffling how we've ended up in the relegation zone with such a canny operator in the dugout.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its like a carbon-copy of Kean's relegation season at the moment, including the christmas 4-point bumper from two of the top teams. We all know how that turned out so personally I'm still very much expecting a dire season and probable relegation.

But, just assuming that the last 2 performances could actually mean something, despite the stats in both there are positives to be taken as long as you give the opposition the respect they deserve. A trait that seems to be very difficult for our fans, I can only assume as a very long-ranging hangover from our glory days and still thinking this league is somehow beneath us.

If you do go from the starting point that we played the 2nd and 4th best teams in the league:

1. Neither scored against us in open play.

2. Neither came even close to scoring off their combined 19 corners.

3. Only 20% of Huddersfield's shots were on target while only 27% of Newcastle's where, which often implies getting frustrated and shooting from distance.

I know there's obviously different ways to twist those stats but having watched both games myself, I think there is something to be said for our team structure and attitude improving. Even if its last gasp and unconvincing defending, its a hell of a lot more convincing than conceding 3 every game, and defending is an art that concerns the whole team (was great to see Graham charging back to make a challenge deep into our half in injury time today).

With the amount of pressure his tactics yet again invited on against a team like that it was amazing Newcastle never really fashioned many serious opportunities and fluffed what they did. Credit to the resolute defense and Steele looked a steady solid keeper today but we also have to be fortunate with Newcastles lack of flair in front of goal.

One goes in early and they'd have probably mullered us.

Difficult to criticise on the last 2 games - we were unlucky not to win at Huddersfield too. Luck was with us a bit today are there signs that Coyle's making us a harder team to beat?

Really? Since when, cos we were outplayed totally in 2 games and our opponents left their shooting boots at home. Happy for the 3 points though.

Its not Newcastle we should be beating, okay its a welcome 6 points, but its the teams down there with us we should. Great beating the top teams now and then, but if we then lose a few games on the bounce against the mediocre ones, then whats the point?

Really? Since when, cos we were outplayed totally in 2 games and our opponents left their shooting boots at home. Happy for the 3 points though.

dont bite its Jim doing his happy clapping trolling and getting all tingly about doing so .

The thing which gives me hope regardless of Coyle is the two sides immediately above us Burton and notts forest are arguably worse than us

Forest will improve when/if their takeover is completed and they get rid of their clueless foreign manager.

Forest will improve when/if their takeover is completed and they get rid of their clueless foreign manager.

Forest under embargo and takeover could possibly be flying pan fire.. Forest supporting friends are really unsure of what to make or expect as they've had many false dawns whilst the city ground is crumbling and they've assembled the worst side in years

Forest's takeover is all but done and is expected to be confirmed to the media in the next few days. Their new owner is an American John Jay Moores who has vast experience of running sports clubs in the US.

As any takeover is a gamble, particularly down the foreign route, the chances of their next owner being as clueless as Al Hasawi are slim. Him and Cellino are the only two rivals to Venkys for disastrous owners in this league. Fawaz has held his hands up and accepted he's failed and is selling up, whereas Cellino looks to have finally got it right with Monk and they are looking good for promotion at Leeds. Meanwhile we cart on.....

Whilst it would be enjoyable to climb above Forest and condemn them to the 3rd division I fully expect them to have enough to get out of trouble. Montanier won't last long under new owners and they'll get the embargo lifted and spend a few quid in January as soon as the takeover is complete.

We need to concentrate on finishing above Burton, Wigan and Rotherham. I still expect Wigan to fire Joyce very soon and roll the dice with another manager who could get them moving in the right direction, however it might be too late for them.

Forest's takeover is all but done and is expected to be confirmed to the media in the next few days. Their new owner is an American John Jay Moores who has vast experience of running sports clubs in the US.

As any takeover is a gamble, particularly down the foreign route, the chances of their next owner being as clueless as Al Hasawi are slim. Him and Cellino are the only two rivals to Venkys for disastrous owners in this league. Fawaz has held his hands up and accepted he's failed and is selling up, whereas Cellino looks to have finally got it right with Monk and they are looking good for promotion at Leeds. Meanwhile we cart on.....

Whilst it would be enjoyable to climb above Forest and condemn them to the 3rd division I fully expect them to have enough to get out of trouble. Montanier won't last long under new owners and they'll get the embargo lifted and spend a few quid in January as soon as the takeover is complete.

We need to concentrate on finishing above Burton, Wigan and Rotherham. I still expect Wigan to fire Joyce very soon and roll the dice with another manager who could get them moving in the right direction, however it might be too late for them.

Wigan taking Joyce was a really good move for us, especially as they weren't doing that badly under the previous chap. He'd no experience at this level, and little of managing, so a huge risk which has weakened one of our rivals.

Shame if Forest do get an owner who isn't useless, as they were one of the teams that could also implode giving us more of a safety net. Always felt Forest a bit like us over the past few seasons, a decent team assembled which has then gradually been eroded, clueless owner doing everything they can to hinder, and people as manager who've no real right to do so. Mind you, their owner is only mad, as oppose to ours who it seems are thoroughly bad.

Divided loyalties about news that Forest are looking like being taken over. A very good friend is a Forest fan so I'm chuffed for him. It doesn't get a lot of air time but things have been really grim for them as well as us.

But that's just another reminder that there are people out there if someone was actively looking for a buyer. Instead we are stuck with this lot while they watch it rot.

Wigan taking Joyce was a really good move for us, especially as they weren't doing that badly under the previous chap. He'd no experience at this level, and little of managing, so a huge risk which has weakened one of our rivals.

Shame if Forest do get an owner who isn't useless, as they were one of the teams that could also implode giving us more of a safety net. Always felt Forest a bit like us over the past few seasons, a decent team assembled which has then gradually been eroded, clueless owner doing everything they can to hinder, and people as manager who've no real right to do so. Mind you, their owner is only mad, as oppose to ours who it seems are thoroughly bad.

He bought them with big aspirations, has worked his way through an assortment of managers, tried all sorts, and after 4-5 years has realised it hasn't worked, he's wasted enough of his money, had enough grief, put them up for sale and has made no secret of the fact that he's trying to get rid and has lost interest. They'll come out the right side of it as it looks like Leeds are because despite having crackpot owners after a few years of making a mess and losing a load of cash they eventually either get it right (Leeds) or accept defeat and try to get out (Forest).

We've had Venkys longer than those two and yet are still stuck in the middle ground with a combination of clueless behaviour, dodgy behaviour, complete lack of interest and yet no evidence they are making any serious attempts to get out.

Forest being taken over doesn't mean they will get their embargo lifted unless the owner is willing to throw money in without any restrictions, cannot be a directors loan, etc. Looks like they will sell Lansbury which could hit them massively. Bristol need to invest in Jan as they are in reverse at the moment, likewise Brentford, Hogan is on his way too.

If I was a Forest fan I wouldn't be overjoyed with the new yank owners, they'll know begger all about soccer and when they realise

after a couple of years that they can't make big money in the championship, they'll sell to some other dodgy gits who will probably

turn out to be worse than the last lot.

Ban foreign ownership !!!

Only reason Forest are embargoed is because they haven't submitted their accounts on time for the League to assess because they are in the midst of the takeover. As soon as it is completed then the new owners need only submit the accounts and they should get out of it. The first thing they are expected to do is sack Montanier and Rowett is tipped to be going there as he is based nearby.

They aren't embargoed due to losses because they got £13 million for Oliver Burke in the summer and didn't spend any of it.

Wouldn't rule that out for us again either as i think next accs will make interesting reading. VLL ones already late and another embargo might suit them seeing as the club is in limbo anyway.

corrupt pillocks !

Wouldn't rule that out for us again either as i think next accs will make interesting reading. VLL ones already late and another embargo might suit them seeing as the club is in limbo anyway.

corrupt pillocks !

When are the accounts due?

Venkys London Ltds accounts were due to be filed by 31st December.

As of 30th December they weren't online, I haven't checked since.

It may be they have been submitted but are yet to be put online.

Should make interesting reading to say the least.

Archived