BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pardew wouldn't come to Rovers and doesn't need to. He'll count his payoff cash for a while and then take a better job of his own choosing. . Rowett's done it on a shoestring and might be interested and Pearson's a tough nut who did well at Leicester so might fit the bill - depends how desperate he is.

Don't fancy any of the others

trying to think logically (not sure whos logic)

bringing in a new manager you are looking for an instant bounce

also time to assess before the transfer window.

here in venkyland....

clearly he isnt getting fired before Huddersfield.

Seems daft bringing in a new manager for the first game Newcastle trouncing on TV.

unless they think oh we already beat them away so will be easy win at fortress ewood?

so that leaves a change post Newcastle.

time for interviews and internal communication

transfer window gone plus a few players gone with seemingly no point of blame

utter shambles

only other scenario is stick with Coyle and see where we end up. Of course we all know already where we will end up.

Pasha Out

meanwhile, back in the world of how |Rovers are managed, 'the consortium' needs Coyle in place to sign off on a nice 3 year deal for Giles Barnes, and probably a few shop window loans for other clients............

Pardew wouldn't come to Rovers and doesn't need to. He'll count his payoff cash for a while and then take a better job of his own choosing. . Rowett's done it on a shoestring and might be interested and Pearson's a tough nut who did well at Leicester so might fit the bill - depends how desperate he is.

Pardew wont come he does not need the money he was sacked at palace 5 years into an 8 year contract at Newcastle so probably getting two wages at the moment.

I'd love to agree with you but desperate managers are desperate for a reason. Coyle is a great example of that. Add into that the situation behind the scenes at Ewood and you've got a recipe for failure no matter who is in charge. If by some fluke we managed to appoint somebody who could do the miraculous and get us going in the other direction how long would they be at Ewood for ?

I'm sorry to be so pessimistic but that's how I see it.

100% agree

The problem is now Rovers are seen as a managerial graveyard. In the past we were seen as a school for ambitious managers. People looking to on to greater things would jump at the job. Now only the truly desperate would jump at the job.

I see what you are saying but Leeds seem to get managers in on a bi-annual basis no problem.

But one of the desperate will eventually get it right. Change often enough and you'll find a match for your club even if it seems an unlikely one. Do nowt and we're down

But with these owners we are down regardless, until the owners are removed the club will never move forward

But with these owners we are down regardless, until the owners are removed the club will never move forward

I'm sorry to pick on you because we are on the same side of the fence but I'm getting utterly sick to death of this attitude. It's pathetic, in the truest sense of the word. It's so defeatist. "Nothing we do matters - until Venkys go there's no point in bothering". Why are there not more fans fighting for the club? Visibly angry? It's always the same after a few losses people get rowdy then we get a draw or a win and everyone settles down for a bit.

If Venkys aren't listening, and the Football League aren't listening, and the (sweet) FA aren't listening then we need to make things as uncomfortable as possible for Coyle and Cheston. 100 years ago they would have been birched on the town hall steps for crimes against Blackburn. They are complicit with Venkys' plans, as far as I'm concerned, and as such are just as bad as them. If we can't get at Venkys then we should not be letting their minions off the hook so easily.

But one of the desperate will eventually get it right. Change often enough and you'll find a match for your club even if it seems an unlikely one. Do nowt and we're down

Some would say they've done that ever since king rat bailed to Brunei to guard the investment fund and now they've finally got their man again who'll stand and take the shitestorm. Talk his way through it, spin it back onto the fans aided by his various media pals whilst they and their partners continue to ignore/dismantle in the background.

I see what you are saying but Leeds seem to get managers in on a bi-annual basis no problem.

I don't think Leeds were seen as a managerial graveyard to the extent we are inspite of all the comings and goings. Let's face it Rovers are totally dis functional on every level at the moment.

Anyway it looks like their latest appointment is doing a good job.

There is no other manager fit for this job than Gary Rowett... It's that simple. He's worked under foreign ownership and a tighter budget with better results than all our previous.

Still wouldn't get me to come back though.

As someone has already stated, unless they have someone lined up from within the crescendo camp, Coyle will be staying. That's why he stated that some fans have an agenda. He knows only too well that was him giving himself the rope to hang himself anywhere else. He is safe as houses at Ewood and like Kean before him, will remain in situ, irrespective of whether we go down or not.

There is no other manager fit for this job than Gary Rowett... It's that simple. He's worked under foreign ownership and a tighter budget with better results than all our previous.

Still wouldn't get me to come back though.

West Midlands BBC reporter Pat Murphy said Rowett borders on OCD in his preparation and training. He'd be perfect to squeeze out what little talent the Rovers squad has. Can't see him being daft enough to come here.

West Midlands BBC reporter Pat Murphy said Rowett borders on OCD in his preparation and training. He'd be perfect to squeeze out what little talent the Rovers squad has. Can't see him being daft enough to come here.

If he is OCD about preparing for job interviews, then he will have worked out that going for the None existent Rovers vacancy, is not in his best interests.

I'm sorry to pick on you because we are on the same side of the fence but I'm getting utterly sick to death of this attitude. It's pathetic, in the truest sense of the word. It's so defeatist. "Nothing we do matters - until Venkys go there's no point in bothering". Why are there not more fans fighting for the club? Visibly angry? It's always the same after a few losses people get rowdy then we get a draw or a win and everyone settles down for a bit.

If Venkys aren't listening, and the Football League aren't listening, and the (sweet) FA aren't listening then we need to make things as uncomfortable as possible for Coyle and Cheston. 100 years ago they would have been birched on the town hall steps for crimes against Blackburn. They are complicit with Venkys' plans, as far as I'm concerned, and as such are just as bad as them. If we can't get at Venkys then we should not be letting their minions off the hook so easily.

You sound like me 3yrs ago Stuart.

14,000 fans are currently protesting and voting with their feet, many of those are long standing fans that realised much sooner than I did that it was a fruitless task trying to get the minority that are still attending to protest against anyone/anything.

A majority of fans on a match day in the main quite simply don't care enough in my opinion, its just a day out without the wife and kids and an excuse for a p1ss up for many.

Then we have the 'support the club through thick and thin brigade' who live in a bubble of loyalty and excuses, just want to see a game of football....

Then we have the vocal minority that want to protest but have run put of ideas and support, I feel sorry for this group and lay no blame at their feet whatsoever.

A fan base divided sadly, so for me its better to sit this out and wait for the owners to sod off, rather than shorten my life by getting wound up 24hrs a day about the rats and their useless employees masquerading as Blackburn Rovers.

I wish everyone would stop speculating about managers as if Coyle's going anywhere. His work isn't done here.

Spot on and I would be amazed if he isn't still here to tell us how unfortunate the relegation has been and how we will bounce back at the first attempt under his guidance.

14,000 fans are currently protesting and voting with their feet, many of those are long standing fans that realised much sooner than I did that it was a fruitless task trying to get the minority that are still attending to protest against anyone/anything.

A majority of fans on a match day in the main quite simply don't care enough in my opinion, its just a day out without the wife and kids and an excuse for a p1ss up for many.

Then we have the 'support the club through thick and thin brigade' who live in a bubble of loyalty and excuses, just want to see a game of football....

Then we have the vocal minority that want to protest but have run put of ideas and support, I feel sorry for this group and lay no blame at their feet whatsoever.

A fan base divided sadly, so for me its better to sit this out and wait for the owners to sod off, rather than shorten my life by getting wound up 24hrs a day about the rats and their useless employees masquerading as Blackburn Rovers.

More or less sums up my feelings.

The thing is, Gav, from your posts it appears that you have given up. That's just not right in my opinion. Maybe moving out of the area allows for greater perspective. I'm still here and this town and club is still important to me. If we all follow your lead then the vocal minority that you feel sorry for will also give up.

Then the club really is doomed.

Maybe that's what the owners are counting on.

But should we give them what the want and walk quietly into liquidation and oblivion?

There cannot be NOTHING that we can do, we just haven't thought of the next move yet.

Archived