SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be so sure about that.

As I posted on Monday, I understand the Newcastle match live on Sky on Bank Holiday Monday is causing big concerns on how it will reflect on the ownership. I think the Barnsley scenes stirred the pot. Still put it at 90% chance he'll be gone before the Newcastle match rising to 99% should he still be in charge at Huddersfield and we lose. Think we are seeing a bit of Corporal Jones (Dad's Army) at Ewood just now!

It's already a roaring great embarrassment with all the empty seats on thrown together pish weak team. I don't buy this line at all after all the stupidity already broadcast worldwide under these lot the last 6 years.

I'd say they are unembarrassble it's more like the people on the ground at Ewood panicking the line of bull they trot back to India that everything is fine might be blown wide open again.

joke of a setup .

On the subject of Hill the lads a league 1 manager that's were he's good that's his level. Similarities between us now and Barnsley when he was there and he didn't have what was needed. Whilst we are still in this league we need a firefighter even if it isn't long term.

World of difference between steering a tiny boat like Rochdale and a modest ship like Barnsley to a sinking Liner like Rovers with many decks and many crew on various levels, the infrastructure and expectation at Rovers is still very big.

Hill didn't do a great job at Barnsley. He failed, has an awful win percentage and was well on the way to taking them down when he was sacked,

Yes I accept he might have had a small budget and poor squad but that's exactly what he'd be getting here.

Also look how Barnsley have gone on under Heckingbottom this season which far outperforms anything Hill has ever done in this league.

I completely accept that he's worked wonders with Rochdale, but I can't help get the feeling its a Coleman/Stanley style marriage where he's running the club exactly how he wants and is in his comfort zone there.

There's no reason to think he has what it takes to come here and keep us up this season.

If/when we go down he might be a candidate to try to get us back to the Championship if we were a real club with a proper structure, but if not then he'd be ruining his career leaving Rochdale to come here.

Adkins is another that was far more qualified for the job here in the summer than Coyle with a better win record, more promotions and less failures even after his Sheffield United season. Rumour has it he was interviewed and overlooked, another major mistake in my opinion. He'd be on my list if I were leading a managerial search, but again other than for our own interest it is a futile conversation.

You can't really compare the Barnsley team when Hill was there with the team they have now. It's like comparing the early Bowyer team with the team we have now. Things move on at clubs.

In the real world I'd like to see us approaching somebody Rowett who's proven at this level. Having said we are where we are. There's no guarantees that Hill would even find the job remotely attractive. That's how far we've fallen.

and thanks for posting it, I do look forward to your posts. However my point is the rumours you or anyone else here are just guess work based on results and position. The person that makes the decision is not telling any of us in advance :-)

you will not know if these rumblings are correct or not because they are just a guess. I also guess he will be gone this time next week.

Disagree with you there. You do a disservice to a number of posters on this MB who pick things up through various channels.

I said in my post on Monday night "we will soon know if correct, or not, but I'd give it a 90% chance given where this has come from."

All organisations, based on my experience in industry, commerce and finance, 'leak' to varying degrees and it's extremely difficulty to keep even the best laid plans under wraps, often due to the range of people involved in such plans. That is a fact of life and football clubs are no exception to the rule.

Lower leagues definitely isnt my focus along twenty thousand other Rovers fans but yes you are correct but who the hell is Scott Hogan out of interest.

Scott Hogan is a player who played for Brentford and signed from Rochdale. Now being from 10 mil pounds to Reading, Norwich and West Ham.

Hill wanted the Rovers job in the summer and someone who should have been on the shortlist. Adkins was interviewed aswell

Wouldnt shock me if we sack Coyle and appoint someone like Neil Redfearn.

Disagree with you there. You do a disservice to a number of posters on this MB who pick things up through various channels.

I said in my post on Monday night "we will soon know if correct, or not, but I'd give it a 90% chance given where this has come from."

All organisations, based on my experience in industry, commerce and finance, 'leak' to varying degrees and it's extremely difficulty to keep even the best laid plans under wraps, often due to the range of people involved in such plans. That is a fact of life and football clubs are no exception to the rule.

If you don't mind me asking what reason was given to you for them allegedly wanting to sack Coyle?

Twist or certain relegation. Those are the options.

Surely only a Rovers fan called Blackbat would ever want the club to be relegated

He would have to be the most moronic "fan" I have ever come across. The fans got Kean sacked when we were"riding high" in the Championship and our problems started there apparently!

Scott Hogan is a player who played for Brentford and signed from Rochdale. Now being from 10 mil pounds to Reading, Norwich and West Ham.

Hill wanted the Rovers job in the summer and someone who should have been on the shortlist. Adkins was interviewed aswell

All seem very poor chaddy we can't move forward until this lot go can we. Time for the fans to pull the plug on the club .

If you don't mind me asking what reason was given to you for them allegedly wanting to sack Coyle?

At any other club I'd be laughing at that. At Rovers it's a reasonable question. If they brought him in to take us down the job isn't quite done yet. He needs a bit longer to be sure.

Coyle or Adkins ? It's a no-brainer.

At any other club I'd be laughing at that. At Rovers it's a reasonable question. If they brought him in to take us down the job isn't quite done yet. He needs a bit longer to be sure.

Excuses... then the timing... then more excuses .....too late... down ! down ...deeper and down.

All seem very poor chaddy we can't move forward until this lot go can we. Time for the fans to pull the plug on the club .

Not my opinion. Think Hill done a great job there.

Venkys will go when they want. 14k Rovers fans have walked away. My season ticket cost doesnt even pay for Graham daily wage.

Rowett

Davies

Adkins

All have shown over a number of years that they can 'do a job' or better at this level even at clubs short on cash or with nutty ownership situations.

Any 'owners' worthy of the name would have these guys' phone numbers on a table and be speaking to each of them right now to find out what cash they want, what coaching staff they want and what business they want to do in January. A decision would then be swiftly taken to offer one of them the job and once one had agreed to it then axe Coyle and make the appointment.

The gamble has already happened and failed as we head for League One. There is still a chance of survival if that mistake is rectified and someone else more capable brought in.

agree the above in a normal club however we have absent owners and people at ewood with zero influence.

anyway lets hope we are both right and he is gone in the next day or so.

• Backroom

I've never been in the know or claimed to be but had heard that He was gone if we got beat on boxing day and simply passed that on.

The fact he didn't means he's another like Kean most likely, we are on the brink of losing 5 in a row and seemingly under no pressure from above.

Still hoping they are sorting his replacement first, his interview post game certainly had a different attitude.

But one of the desperate will eventually get it right. Change often enough and you'll find a match for your club even if it seems an unlikely one. Do nowt and we're down

I'd love to agree with you but desperate managers are desperate for a reason. Coyle is a great example of that. Add into that the situation behind the scenes at Ewood and you've got a recipe for failure no matter who is in charge. If by some fluke we managed to appoint somebody who could do the miraculous and get us going in the other direction how long would they be at Ewood for ?

I'm sorry to be so pessimistic but that's how I see it.

We should be talking to Rowett, although I believe he may be in demand from clubs that will be more attractive to him soon.

Coyle simply does not tick any boxes IMO and must be replaced ASAP.

In all my years, I have never seen a Rovers team defend so poorly, and his substitutions are often mind boggling.

trying to think logically (not sure whos logic)

bringing in a new manager you are looking for an instant bounce

also time to assess before the transfer window.

here in venkyland....

clearly he isnt getting fired before Huddersfield.

Seems daft bringing in a new manager for the first game Newcastle trouncing on TV.

unless they think oh we already beat them away so will be easy win at fortress ewood?

so that leaves a change post Newcastle.

time for interviews and internal communication

transfer window gone plus a few players gone with seemingly no point of blame

utter shambles

only other scenario is stick with Coyle and see where we end up. Of course we all know already where we will end up.

Pasha Out

Without comment here is a list of out of work managers that have recent Championship experience (sacked during 2016):

Alan Pardew

Gary Rowett

Per Frandsen

Kenny Jackett

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Steve Clarke

Nigel Pearson

Steven Pressley

Nigel Adkins

Dougie Freedman

Neil Redfern

Plus some leftfield jobless ex-managers (just for a laugh):