BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Man Utd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I think you'll find, as Meadows as already pointed out, that many of us older fans don't need Manchester United to turn up to get us to support our team.  We are there every week irrespective of opposition or division we play in.

I agree ParsonBlue. I will continue to be season ticket holder which ever league we are in.

My team would be

Raya Lowe Hoban/Greer Lenihan Williams Conway Guthrie Mulgrew Mahoney Emnes Graham

Subs:- Steele Greer/Brown Nyambe Feeney Tomlinson Mansell Rankin-Costello

21 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I think you'll find, as Meadows as already pointed out, that many of us older fans don't need Manchester United to turn up to get us to support our team.  We are there every week irrespective of opposition or division we play in.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I agree ParsonBlue. I will continue to be season ticket holder which ever league we are in.

Is this the BRFCS equivalent of virtue signalling?

well i started in the late 60s and never thought i would go a whole season not watching rovers when i had the  chance to,anything can happen in your personal life that makes attending irrelevant,hope it never happens to you.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

1985 is a good comparison.  We had been out of the top flight for twenty years and so top teams coming to Ewood was not an everyday event - rather like the present and foreseeable future.

It's a matter of opinion 85 was well before the money came into the game.. Back before the modern Ewood and Brockhall so no comparison.. Just your good self living in the past 

Btw I still yearn for them days the tin roof leaking when taking a pea 

Hot bovril from the back of the Blackburn end etc 

Just now, Athlete said:

It's a matter of opinion 85 was well before the money came into the game.. Back before the modern Ewood and Brockhall so no comparison.. Just your good self living in the past 

Btw I still yearn for them days the tin roof leaking when taking a pea 

Hot bovril from the back of the Blackburn end etc 

Really?  I much prefer the stadium that Jack gave us to be honest.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Really?  I much prefer the stadium that Jack gave us to be honest.

Well the game to compare is Liverpool two years ago 

Different times different eras 

The only reason I yearn for then is we were honestly owned with players I identified with brotherston garner sellars Chrisy price etc 

Come on Parson, how on earth is 1985, an era of rock bottom crowds across England, a time when Rovers had been out of the top flight for almost 20 years in any way more relevant than Liverpool 2015, a game live on the same channel at exactly the same price?

Now if we draw Man Yoo at home in 2031, we can do a comparison with Sunday- though not sure how many fans we will be able to fit into Pleasy.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Unbelievably smug! Especially in light of all you know.

Of course, post about 2002 we rarely sold out Ewood for any game, not a great surprise as playing United, Lpool etc was no longer a novelty.

However, the reason this game hasn't sold out is because plenty of our 8000 ST holders haven't bothered. 

That doesn't mean anything necessarily, just part of a pattern that sees thousands of ST holders not turning up each week, doesn't bode well for renewals though.

Thing is a lot of ST holders won't bother but they'll just let their irregular attending mates use them so it's probably not a fair reflection of their take up and the books will show a good percentage having bought i bet.

Also tonight chatting to pals window cleaner in Chorley who's a Rovers fan on database but only goes a couple of times per year. He's watching in pub but having received a text from the club advertising tickets the other day he got one and 2 juniors for his PNE supporting pal who's kids are Man U mad and there'll be lots of examples like that so it's never going to be a good reflection of regular boycotters either.

As long as they stick it to United and Venkys it doesn't really matter how many are or aren't there although some will amuse themselves making a big deal about it.

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

Unbelievably smug! Especially in light of all you know.

For the life of me I can't see what is smug about stating that you enjoy following your team no matter what division or what the opposition might be.  Fortunately, I still do enjoy it - win, lose or draw and I'll enjoy Sunday no matter what the result although I always live in hope we will pull off a shock. 

7 hours ago, meadows said:

Or the League Cup Semi Final First Leg in January 2006 which only 24,000 turned up for at Ewood. 

this was a poor gate after a 1-1 draw at gold trafford,but live tv and expensive tickets meant the home ends were not sold out,prawn sandwich of south ribble

Archived