BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Man Utd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, J*B said:

Won't be going. Boycott means boycott. Would have loved to watch Ibrahimovic live before he retires, but it's not meant to be. 

Don't worry - he won't be playing anyway!  Martial, MickyDolentz and Rashvest will be given a run out - Greer and Wesley will think that they're in a scene from the Matrix

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Not sure if it makes me smile or want to cry...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38963227

Thanks for that. It brought tears to my eyes. The Venkys should feel ashamed of themselves for what they have done to the town of Blackburn not just the football club. It should be a terrible burden for them to carry for the rest of their lives.

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

Question: would people take a 0-6 beating against MU if it guaranteed Coyle got sacked?

I'm sure we all would if it could be guaranteed. We are never going to win the cup anyway so it is no great sacrifice.

Coil will be absolutely loving the build up to this game. With hordes of media descending on Brockhall and Ewood he won't pass up any opportunity to feed his ego by spouting his usual diatribe when there is a microphone in sight.

He will view this as a win/win situation for him. We are expected to lose anyway so defeat won't create too many ripples. Winning would send his gob into overdrive and he can dine out on that for the rest of his life. Just like one of his predecessors whose name escapes me at the moment.

• Backroom
7 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Question: would people take a 0-6 beating against MU if it guaranteed Coyle got sacked?

I'd love to win it - however if we are to lose let's get battered 

It's going to be a crawl under a rock type of embarrassment.  Sad to think not that long ago we went toe to toe with better Utd teams than this one.  An absolute pasting, perhaps 7-1 will get Coil the boot just like it did Sam.

45 minutes ago, USABlue said:

It's going to be a crawl under a rock type of embarrassment.  Sad to think not that long ago we went toe to toe with better Utd teams than this one.  An absolute pasting, perhaps 7-1 will get Coil the boot just like it did Sam.

He won't get the bullet even if it finished 10 nil. Coyle will state the ref shafted us again keeping him at the club for the duration of his contract 

1-3 with a 90th minute breakaway goal for united. Cut to coil " the lads gave everything today, we were right in it until the last kick, unlucky at times, decision not gone our way and alot of positives to take to Burton on Friday night. A small minority of the people aren't happy and as long as I have a contract I'm not arsed. "  Interviewer... Would you like to give Phil Jones his man of the match bottle of champagne. 

Having decided the Venkys won't get a penny out of my pocket you get the usual well it's easy to boycott vs Rotherham let's see what happens if play Man Utd. Well now that scenario has happened I can honestly say my interest in attending this is the same as all the others. Nil.  

Ill be at burton next week but until the Venkys depart whether its a big or a small club in town checking scores will have to do.

Hoping for a low crowd but will see

How will we lineup? I think this team will start:

Steele

Lowe, Leninhan, Mulgrew, Williams

Feeney, Guthrie, Evans, Conway/Mahoney

Graham, Emnes

Subs: Tomlinson, Nyambe, Brown, Raya, Stokes

Joao, Gallagher, Bennett, Akpan, Greer, Hoban, Henley, Ward are all injured, cuptied or banned .... if Evans not fit I expect Lowe in central midfeld and Nyambe at right back...

Archived