BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Man Utd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there restrictions back then due to the state of the ground ?  I remember when they played Villa a few years later and i think Riverside was totally shut and they had to do a load of work just to let about 18k on.  Extra barriers etc, grounds were deathtraps back then lol

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

22,000+ 'sellout' on Ewood in 85?....the gaps on the terraces that night were much bigger than I thought going by that video!

I love all the banners on the Bburn end and Riverside.

Thought the Southampton game the year before seemed like we had more on and the Villa home game in 1980 had 30k on I think.

Thank you so much.  It's so important to me.  It was the first game my Dad took me to (who's passed away).  I thought it was some sort of cup or something, not league.  We were in the Darwen End.  He sat me on his shoulders so I could see.  I remember all the girls screaming at Best.  It seemed like when he had the ball no-one could get it off him. I think Nobby Stiles also played and Alex Stephnany in goal? I'm afraid I can't remember any of the Rovers players, mostly Best! 

I really appreciate your help, thank you. I've been thinking about my Dad a lot with this game coming up.

Hope we win tomorrow!

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

That's absolutely disgraceful. 

Baron is not only a professional but an adult. Should ban him for that.

The dive was bad enough, but also not to forget the attempted stamp(s) prior to that.

looks like they've sent the big guns;

Sergio Romero
Dean Henderson
Timothy Fosu-Mensah
Matteo Darmian
Eric Bailly
Chris Smalling
Marcos Rojo
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Michael Carrick
Paul Pogba
Ander Herrera
Jesse Lingard
Ashley Young
Juan Mata
Marcus Rashford
Anthony Martial

Managed to secure a last-minute day off work tomorrow so phoned the ticket office at 4 to grab a ticket but no answer so drove to Ewood and unfortunately the shop and office had closed at 4, the usual closing time for a non-matchday.

I genuinely thought that the office (or at least the phone sales) would have opened later than usual as there are no sales on the day.

The website still appears to be selling though so hopefully that will continue into tomorrow (today!) and any last minute demand can be met. 

Really can't decide if a good result in this match would be positive for our season. The next 3 league games will decide our medium term future and any distractions could be fatal, but a good performance may inspire the squad to believe they can produce the 10 performances needed to survive. 

Yes, Coyle will probably contrive to puncture any momentum we gather, so the players will have to do it despite his questionable selections and substitutions. That rarely happens, unfortunately...

Looking like the results yesterday have rendered today's tie even more irrelevant.    Burton winning against Norwich is a really bad development,  suggests a Manager bounce and confidence, both of which we sadly lack. I honestly couldn't see Rovers winning at home against a top half team at present, and noting we have yet to go to Burton it might already be down to one survivor from us Bristol City and Wigan. Actually I really don't care if Rovers win today, but I won't be fooled that a plucky fight against a coasting Manure second string means anything at all in the relegation 'fight' (couldn't think of a better word, but fight is less than apt, relegation 'limp'?). I favour whatever result contributes to Coyle leaving, anything else is foot-tapping to the tune of the Titanic band.

I'm angry this morning.

I'm angry because I want to be able to go to the game and enjoy it.   I hate Man U with a passion and would love nothing more than a rocking Ewood pulling off cup shock.  It's why we follow football - for days like these.

BUT... I won't enjoy the game.  We are nailed on to lose...and if by some miracle  we do win, it will be tainted by the knowledge that it buys Coyle more time to complete operation relegation.

So I'm left here thinking we need to go a couple down early on.  That way any optimism and enjoyment is extinguished and the largest crowd we will get this year will turn the atmosphere toxic and focus on Venkys/Coyle.

I don't want this.  I just want to go back to supporting a club I believe in and enjoy the buzz of matches like these.  I just want to watch an honest team with an honest manager and board all doing their best for BRFC.  If that's in league 2, I don't care!

Anyway Venkys, I'm glad you believe in Karma because all the pain you are causing thousands of people is going to come and haunt you one day and it will be wearing blue and white!

RTID

Archived