BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norwich City vs Rovers - 11/3/17

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You hope... though just can see it Steele keeping another clean sheet or Nyambe wining a defensive header or the centre half's not getting caught with their shorts pulled down at the wrong time in the wrong position.

Rovers are more than capable of scoring just hope they can they keep a clean sheet.

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I have a feeling Lowe may be rested - as he has made some stupid mistakes in the latter stages of the last couple of matches that looked to be down to fatigue as much as anything. I still find it amazing the stick he gets - he has looked a lot better under a proper manager, and despite the fact his contract is running out, he continues to put in a 100% in every match (which you can't say for a lot of players).

It will be interesting to see who plays in midfield when Evans is fully fit - the interesting approach Mowbray has employed so far - with full backs pushing on and midfield players dropping back to cover actually suits Lowe's game. 

For all the criticism Lowe gets - manager after manager - who has access to the clubs Opta stats continues to pick him. Personally would love to see those statistics - and see what they say. 

Lowe's stupid mistakes in the latter stages coincided with Guthrie being subbed off both times.

I don't think that's any coincidence.

As soon as Lowe was asked to do the job Guthrie was doing, his limitations as a footballer were exposed.

On 09/03/2017 at 3:58 PM, darrenrover said:

There's no reason why The Canaries legs should not be equally as tired as our own. They're on the slide and we have the form in terms of recent results.

We were hammered at home in the first game of the season and football has an uncanny knack of reversing matters.

You're right though, what a difference a few results and performances make, not to mention a change in manager!

I too would be happy with a point but think we'll get 3.

COYB!

Consensus of opinion is or was that Coyle didn't get the team fit enough, hence the late goals conceded.  At least Mowbray has organised them but has not had time to sort out basic fitness due to the amount of games.  I think Norwich legs will not be as tired as ours.  I will therefore be happy with a point.  To get 3 I believe he will need to freshen things up but maybe at the moment he will stick to the status quo, keeping his powder dry for later.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He seems to play more for Northern Ireland than he does for Rovers 

He should be prioritising the club that pays his wages. He came back unfit from the World Cup and has never been right since. 

Just now, alcd said:

He should be prioritising the club that pays his wages. He came back unfit from the World Cup and has never been right since. 

Sorry but I would priorities country over club any day of the week, I play canoe polo for Ireland and would drop an event for the club to represent my country without a seconds hesitation, pride in playing at national level will over power any club.

6 hours ago, only2garners said:

In fact all 6 of our relegation rivals are playing each other - Wolves v Rotherham and Forest v Burton as well as Wigan v Bristol City.

What results do we want?  Rotherham win, Forest Burton draw, same for Wigan?  Win for us of course, no guarantees though.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Gary Rowett favourite for the job. Someone must have been line up to come in after Saturday

Sounds like they decide to bring a new manager and let him get decide what he wants to keep and sell. 

yes they're bringing in a manager not a head coach

Archived