BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norwich City vs Rovers - 11/3/17

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Would like to keep it tight myself for 70 minutes with the hope of catching them on the break or getting a set piece. This stage of the season is about getting as many points on the board so we need to go out there looking to keep a clean sheet at least.

Steele

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Akpan

Bennett   Guthrie Lowe   Feeney

Graham

Akpan no where near for me. Waste of Space. If I was going with that formation then Hoban into the back four and Mulgrew in the role you've got Akpan playing.

Tough looking fixture and as the stats show we rarely do well in the land of no motorways.

No reason at all to think we cannot give a good account of ourselves now the doom of the last bloke's tenure has lifted.

No reason at all to think we cannot get another clean sheet and I also would hope that is still priority number one.

Would certainly be happy to draw this fixture and maintain our unbeaten start under Mowbray.

COYB. 1-1.

Unbeaten in 4, seemingly hard to beat, and playing well by all accounts. Other than Graham for Gallagher, I think the starting XI should be left alone to settle.

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

I think Mowbray will set us up to frustrate the locals and play a high line, possibly 3 5 2. I fancy 3-1 Rovers if we keep them at bay in the first 30 minutes.

It's amazing what 8 point out of 12 can do to the fans mentality, 3-1 won rovers win away from home is maybe slightly ambitious but I'm delighted to see people enthusiastic about our chances. I'd love the 3 points but with the amount of games played recently I reckon there's a few tired legs out there, il take the point 2-2 is my guess

24 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

It's amazing what 8 point out of 12 can do to the fans mentality, 3-1 won rovers win away from home is maybe slightly ambitious but I'm delighted to see people enthusiastic about our chances. I'd love the 3 points but with the amount of games played recently I reckon there's a few tired legs out there, il take the point 2-2 is my guess

There's no reason why The Canaries legs should not be equally as tired as our own. They're on the slide and we have the form in terms of recent results.

We were hammered at home in the first game of the season and football has an uncanny knack of reversing matters.

You're right though, what a difference a few results and performances make, not to mention a change in manager!

I too would be happy with a point but think we'll get 3.

COYB!

Norwich's last 5 games - D L D L D

Rovers' last 5 games - L D W W D

If this was a relegation rival with those stats playing Norwich, I'd be fancying them to get something. Particularly with a new man at the helm changing fortunes. 

As it is, I think Mowbray is due some bad luck, and we will narrowly go down 2-1 with tired legs. Hoping to be proven wrong. 

• Moderation Lead

Like most Rovers games, I'm expecting 3/5 of sod all. But I feel we might sneak this one. Norwich have been nowhere near as good as we made them look on the first day of the season and we aren't doing badly at all under Mr Mowbray so far. If only Bristol City and Burton Albion could both lose....

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Like most Rovers games, I'm expecting 3/5 of sod all. But I feel we might sneak this one. Norwich have been nowhere near as good as we made them look on the first day of the season and we aren't doing badly at all under Mr Mowbray so far. If only Bristol City and Burton Albion could both lose....

Well they could. City are away at Wigan.

Really tough game to call. We have tightened up defensively and Norwich are in terrible form with the fans wanting the manager gone. With a tight defense we have the players capable of nicking a result, equally Norwich have real quality and individual match winners at this level and if they are up for it could give us the hammering they dished out at ewood. I wouldn't like to predict a score. I think the first goal in this game is huge. If we get it and  we defend well their players will get frustrated and fans will turn on the manager. If they get an early goal the pressure on the players is lifted and whilst we press for an equalizer they have the players to turn this into another thumping. With the games coming up we don't want to start a losing run and would be happy with a point. 

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, only2garners said:

Well they could. City are away at Wigan.

Ah right, I knew 2 of our relegation rivals were playing each other....

10 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Didn't Coyle say they would be up there in the Automatic promotion places?.....just 21 points shy so far

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Ah right, I knew 2 of our relegation rivals were playing each other....

In fact all 6 of our relegation rivals are playing each other - Wolves v Rotherham and Forest v Burton as well as Wigan v Bristol City.

On the season opening day, Norwich opened our eyes to how bad Owen Clueless was.

They are having a bad run now so this is nickable. Not expecting anything from Carrow Road but would not be entirely surprised if we came back with a point or three.

22 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Barring injuries or fitness issues, same team for me apart from putting someone, ANYONE in place of Lowe.

I have a feeling Lowe may be rested - as he has made some stupid mistakes in the latter stages of the last couple of matches that looked to be down to fatigue as much as anything. I still find it amazing the stick he gets - he has looked a lot better under a proper manager, and despite the fact his contract is running out, he continues to put in a 100% in every match (which you can't say for a lot of players).

It will be interesting to see who plays in midfield when Evans is fully fit - the interesting approach Mowbray has employed so far - with full backs pushing on and midfield players dropping back to cover actually suits Lowe's game. 

For all the criticism Lowe gets - manager after manager - who has access to the clubs Opta stats continues to pick him. Personally would love to see those statistics - and see what they say. 

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Burton are home to Forest.

I think all the home teams to win in those 3 games

I think Wolves will draw nil nil with Rotherham, Wigan and Bristol City 2-2 draw and Burton to beat Forest 2-1. Plus Cardiff to beat Birmingham 3-1 

Archived