Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Player Of The Year

AJW

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Mulgrew for me.

Young player, Lenihan. As well as Nyambe has done recently, Lenihan has done his job very well at cb despite being a midfielder most of his career.

I think this partnership consisting of adapted midfielders actually plays a big role in playing the defence high up the pitch.

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Why he played all season with as much effort and passion if not more than some contracted players. It is player of the season not contracted player of the season

Miss the Nob End game last week did you? Gallagher used any credit he had in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Miss the Nob End game last week did you? Gallagher used any credit he had in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch 

No I was their just not willing to crucify a kid that has come and gave his all and scored vital goals for an error of judgement any inexperienced kid could make. I think the penalties he's won and the goals scored make up for not holding the ball at the corner flag. Miss the wolves game did you ? Some finish. Best rule lenihan out to then as he handballed it at deepdale and they scored the resulting penalty and we lost

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

no stand out candidate ?

Not on the playing staff for me ;) i think Mulgrew has done well when he has played but it hasn't been too often. Seems to have patches of play interrupted by muscular injuries and missed the start of season through fitness.

The 2 Jasons deserve credit for inspiring todays schoolboy footballers that it is possible to make it in the professional game no matter how poor you are at the game. There is nothing that cannot be achieved by chosing the right agent and toadying up to the manager.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

The 2 Jasons deserve credit for inspiring todays schoolboy footballers that it is possible to make it in the professional game no matter how poor you are at the game. There is nothing that cannot be achieved by chosing the right agent and toadying up to the manager.

They are also an example of how fans struggle to;

1. See anything but the attacking side of a football match

2. Have realistic expectations based on cost, stature etc

3. Make comments or base opinion without a developed unbreakable agenda.

As for the rest of the posts, Suhail Slayer, Steve etc... is this thread a joke?

Just now, Jbizzle said:

As for the rest of the posts, Suhail Slayer, Steve etc... is this thread a joke?

TBH I only posted as things had gone a bit quiet on here.

I dont rate either of the Jasons but am willing to accept that they keep getting picked so people who know much more than me about football rate them at least adequate.

Unbreakable agenda? You are havin a laugh.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

TBH I only posted as things had gone a bit quiet on here.

I dont rate either of the Jasons but am willing to accept that they keep getting picked so people who know much more than me about football rate them at least adequate.

Unbreakable agenda? You are havin a laugh.

Haha it's just a fancy way of saying rigid in thought. I can see why some Rovers fans made their mind up during his first stint (for Kean) but he and Steele are not "Myles A" in terms of finding their way into teams through brown nosing.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Haha it's just a fancy way of saying rigid in thought. I can see why some Rovers fans made their mind up during his first stint (for Kean) but he and Steele are not "Myles A" in terms of finding their way into teams through brown nosing.

Looking back I did go OTT on the 'brown nosing' bit and agree that neither Jason can be likened to the infamous Myles A. Football CV enhancement scheme.

On 27/03/2017 at 2:05 PM, Jbizzle said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure the award of a Player of the Season this season is a joke. It's so pointless there isn't even a BRFCS poll.

There will be zero credit for the winner, best of a bad bunch. They should cancel it.

The actual winner will probably the player of the final 17 games of the season. Nobody but Mulgrew stands out at all.

Archived