BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season ticket 2017/18

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the club's Twiiter, there won't be any ST packs sent out.

Obviously the kind of individual that is asking the question on social media won't be bothered, but what about the non- internet savvy older fan that always uses the pack coming through the post as their trigger to renew? 

Or how about a  pack landing on the doormat of a lapsed fan, the kind of fan that rarely looks on the Rovers online channels?

Bizarre approach to take, or are we that skint we can't afford the few grand of printers fees?

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Looking at the club's Twiiter, there won't be any ST packs sent out.

Obviously the kind of individual that is asking the question on social media won't be bothered, but what about the non- internet savvy older fan that always uses the pack coming through the post as their trigger to renew? 

Or how about a  pack landing on the doormat of a lapsed fan, the kind of fan that rarely looks on the Rovers online channels?

Bizarre approach to take, or are we that skint we can't afford the few grand of printers fees?

Some of the folk on this MB have never heard of social media.

I've had enough of boycotting.  I want to watch Rovers and ignore all the stuff in the background.  I've been to last 2 matches and even bought the big 4 ticket.  And you know what... I don't regret it.  I enjoyed going.  I would even encourage others to follow suit.  Maybe the more fans we have the better atmosphere and encouragement for the team to do well.

I'm even going to buy a season ticket regardless what league we are in next season.

Tony Mowbray is a breath of fresh air.  I'm prepared to give Senior a chance.  It also makes sense that Rovers need to cut their wage bill; no business person in their right mind is going to want to stand losses of £20m a year.

You know why I've had a change of heart?  Because this is my Rovers and i want to bloody well watch them.

And for the ensuing criticism from the die-hard boycotters... everyone has an opinion, mine's to watch footy again.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

What's the point when the majority would go unopened into the recycling? Might as well help the environment by not sending them

Majority? Really?

I think 7 or 8 thousand will renew next season. Speaking to a 3 Rovers fans through my job who havent got ST for the last few years are saying they are going back next season

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Majority? Really?

I think 7 or 8 thousand will renew next season. Speaking to a 3 Rovers fans through my job who havent got ST for the last few years are saying they are going back next season

Chaddy we don't even have 8k now!?

Are you sure it's not 8000 this season?

The usual pattern for Rovers crowds is x amount of ST holders, plus 2000 walk ons to make up the home fan attendance. So previous to this season it was around 10000 ST holders plus the 2000 to give around 12000 a game. This season 8000 plus the 2000 to give us the 10000 home figures we see this season

Though how many do we actually sell? We may well have 8000 ST 'holders' but only 6000 'buyers'?

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Are you sure it's not 8000 this season?

The usual pattern for Rovers crowds is x amount of ST holders, plus 2000 walk ons to make up the home fan attendance. So previous to this season it was around 10000 ST holders plus the 2000 to give around 12000 a game. This season 8000 plus the 2000 to give us the 10000 home figures we see this season

Though how many do we actually sell? We may well have 8000 ST 'holders' but only 6000 'buyers'?

Are you assuming 2000 under 8s or some other kind of giveaway?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Still renewing tho Dunnfc. Most of this season ST holders will renew imo

Just saw it on twitter.

Best i kept my opinions to myself on this subject.

Just make sure if you are you pay by credit card for consumer purchase protection. Can't stress that enough to people.

49 minutes ago, Tom said:

I am doubtful I will renew, my 5 year old doesn't enjoy going - I can't find enough reason to change his mind.

This is what worries me for the future,young kids showing no interest in their town team....just keep him away from Claret n Blue Tom!

3 hours ago, Grez said:

I've had enough of boycotting.  I want to watch Rovers and ignore all the stuff in the background.  I've been to last 2 matches and even bought the big 4 ticket.  And you know what... I don't regret it.  I enjoyed going.  I would even encourage others to follow suit.  Maybe the more fans we have the better atmosphere and encouragement for the team to do well.

I'm even going to buy a season ticket regardless what league we are in next season.

Tony Mowbray is a breath of fresh air.  I'm prepared to give Senior a chance.  It also makes sense that Rovers need to cut their wage bill; no business person in their right mind is going to want to stand losses of £20m a year.

You know why I've had a change of heart?  Because this is my Rovers and i want to bloody well watch them.

And for the ensuing criticism from the die-hard boycotters... everyone has an opinion, mine's to watch footy again.

The problem is, there will be no football or club left  within 5 years , unless the owners go asap....

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Majority? Really?

Why? Are they idiots?

Possibly ... and I could well be one of them.

I gave up my ST for reasons not related to Venky's or the quality of the football. I've made it to a few games in the second half of the season, so why the hell shouldn't I.

I came to terms with the fact the NOTHING the fans do is going to influence the owners, so why not start going to games again now I can.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Majority? Really?

I think if you sent renewal packs to lapsed fans as well as current holders, which was what was suggested, the majority would be binned. For all those like Glenn who will come back and buy one, there are others like Tom who will not. Gone are the days when kids waited excitedly for the renewal packs to see what freebie came with it. Even if it was a silly little gift my kids revelled in it. 

I'm not saying don't go if you want to. I just can't see that sending out paper packs would be a good idea. Those who want ST or might want one will find info in the LT  or other places. 

Archived