BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season ticket 2017/18

Just now, GanG2245 said:

Once we get relegated to league one no one will buy the season tickets. So they are selling it before it happening.

I will renew my season ticket even if we are in league 1. I will always renew so which division we are isnt a factor for me. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will renew my season ticket even if we are in league 1. I will always renew so which division we are isnt a factor for me. 

Agreed, not a factor for me either.

That my money is being mismanaged and simply 'presumed' no matter what happens DOES bother me, however.

Wonder if we will last until the end of May deadline. I think even those who have stuck around this long will be waiting until close to the deadline to renew.

We appear to need cash right now. I still can't believe Venkys are letting the club borrow at high interest rates to keep the club going.

On 3/31/2017 at 6:58 PM, blueboy3333 said:

I'll do what I want. Others can do what they want. 

Cheers.

Not just that, Cheston appears to openly admit to thinking this is normal when faced with cash and funding issues in a business. It's not and he needs to clarify this.

My concern is they go on sale early, some fans purchase and as the clowns can't guarantee not staying out of administration you all become creditors unless paid by credit card. I'd hate to see honest fans lose money.

Now Cheston knows this but the fact he's prepared to gamble like this anyways and possibly hit fans in the pocket further down the line is offensive.

1.8 million loan 200k interest (8+libor) how many season ticket holders are paying for the interest only, a 1000 or so? So that's 1000 Chaddy types whose money aint going to the club coffers but the bank in just interest repayment.

Chaddy how do you feel going to work next week and the fact you might be saving for this ticket and Mike Cheston has already sold your ticket to fund last years operating costs without you knowing? I'd be livid personally.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Not just that, Cheston appears to openly admit to thinking this is normal when faced with cash and funding issues in a business. It's not and he needs to clarify this.

My concern is they go on sale early, some fans purchase and as the clowns can't guarantee not staying out of administration you all become creditors unless paid by credit card. I'd hate to see honest fans lose money.

Now Cheston knows this but the fact he's prepared to gamble like this anyways and possibly hit fans in the pocket further down the line is offensive.

1.8 million loan 200k interest (8+libor) how many season ticket holders are paying for the interest only, a 1000 or so? So that's 1000 Chaddy types whose money aint going to the club coffers but the bank in just interest repayment.

Chaddy how do you feel going to work next week and the fact you might be saving for this ticket and Mike Cheston has already sold your ticket to fund last years operating costs without you knowing? I'd be livid personally.

This isn't a gamble. It's buying a lottery ticket and hoping you don't lose the farm.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I'm already saved my money for the season ticket.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Yes and Mike's spent it already. But you know that wasn't the point i was making. Nevermind.

Honestly, I don't think he does. Or wants to understand. He's a 'true blue' when it comes to supporting the team but if the club folds will 'wish somebody had done something sooner'.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Yes and Mike's spent it already. But you know that wasn't the point i was making. Nevermind.

Its does seem that way.

I haven't listened to the Radio Lancs link yet. Will be doing so in the next day.

I haven't posted anything on the financial thing as I aint an expert. But I did read Andy Neil's post on the subject and if that his opinion then I will listened to his advise and opinion.

But I will post my opinion now

IMO, Mrs D has stopped any Venkys money coming into the club anymore and she and her husband want to sell the club, But Balaji doesn't want to so Mrs D has told him then he has finance the club from his own money. That's why Cheston has had to use short term loans to cover bills. Does Balaji have the money to put into the club to enable us to spend money this summer and pay the debt? I don't know.

Now on Season Tickets being available, Yes it will enable the fans who want to renew to renew and much earlier than in past seasons and is a good thing IMO.

Just now, Stuart said:

Honestly, I don't think he does. Or wants to understand. He's a 'true blue' when it comes to supporting the team but if the club folds will 'wish somebody had done something sooner'.

Clearly, Me being a diehard Rovers fan is a problem for you not me.

You keep moaning about fans being passionate about the club they support, what more do you expect?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Its does seem that way.

I haven't listened to the Radio Lancs link yet. Will be doing so in the next day.

I haven't posted anything on the financial thing as I aint an expert. But I did read Andy Neil's post on the subject and if that his opinion then I will listened to his advise and opinion.

But I will post my opinion now

IMO, Mrs D has stopped any Venkys money coming into the club anymore and she and her husband want to sell the club, But Balaji doesn't want to so Mrs D has told him then he has finance the club from his own money. That's why Cheston has had to use short term loans to cover bills. Does Balaji have the money to put into the club to enable us to spend money this summer and pay the debt? I don't know.

Now on Season Tickets being available, Yes it will enable the fans who want to renew to renew and much earlier than in past seasons and is a good thing IMO.

Clearly, Me being a diehard Rovers fan is a problem for you not me.

You keep moaning about fans being passionate about the club they support, what more do you expect?

Chaddy Dunnfc is telling you the reality of the situation fella by all means get your season ticket before the deadline but remember pay on a credit card so you're covered just in case. 

Listen to the full audio and digest it 

Andy Neill is a qualified  accountant as are others who have looked at the figures...  these professionals are not saying the state of the club is in a bad way  for a laugh 

I admire your loyalty but football holds no loyalty and certainly not for the likes of Senior etc 

Just now, Athlete said:

Chaddy Dunnfc is telling you the reality of the situation fella by all means get your season ticket before the deadline but remember pay on a credit card so you're covered just in case. 

Listen to the full audio and digest it 

Andy Neill is a qualified  accountant as are others who have looked at the figures...  these professionals are not saying the state of the club is in a bad way  for a laugh 

I admire your loyalty but football holds no loyalty and certainly not for the likes of Senior etc 

I have listened to Dunnfc advice on that. so I will be doing so.

I trust Andy Neil's opinion. a very respectable poster

I have said my views on Senior. Me and You disagree on giving him a chance and time. That's fine, we just agree to disagree on this

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If everyone who are going to take advantage of the early bird offer did so on the last couple of days of availability it would cause huge financial problems for the owners, they are desperate for the cash now.

It is an opportunity for the fans to possibly force the issue.

Make them wait until the final day of sale.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You've answered your question in the first part of this paragraph, have you not? If your scenario is correct and Balaji did have the money to finance the club, why would we be using short term finance with high interest rates? 

Isn't it Balaji that mortgaged land to pay for his Rovers project? If that is the case, and he's borrowed up to or over the value of that land to put into us / VLL, then he and we are pretty @#/? aren't we? Unless we / he can find another revenue source.  It looks to a lay man like me that the accounts would suggest he / we haven't found an alternative and are taking out short term loans to cover us until we / he finds something else to fill the gap. Without an unlikely promotion to the Pl we aren't going to cover the shortfall, so will go bust or will have to pull some more Indian land out of our arses to stay afloat. Praying Mowbray keeps us up and then pulls off an unlikely promotion next season is the best we have. Like a bad gambler putting his house and car on 5 black and crossing his fingers as the ball goes round the roulette table.

4 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

If everyone who are going to take advantage of the early bird offer did so on the last couple of days of availability it would cause huge financial problems for the owners, they are desperate for the cash now.

Good advice as is Athlete's to buy only via CC.

7 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

There's no real evidence to suggest  that supporters could lose their money though is there? Apart from from you.

I wasn't at the supporters meeting but my reading of the LT summary of the meeting  was that it was said administration in the  forseeable future was very much NOT likely as opposed to likely.

I wouldn't for one minute expect Cheston or anyone else to completely rule out the possibility of administration at any point. We're still losing money hand over fist and it's not his decision to make, so he'd look even more foolish than normal if he ruled it out completely and the owners then changed their mind at a later date.

As regards the high interest loans it all depends whether or not cheaper borrowing facilities were available to us in our current beleaguered state. If they were, then questions need to be asked but normally loans get more expensive as your situation worsens. I don't see how you can be too critical about that unless you know for a fact cheaper facilities were definitely available but were passed up in favour of more expensive alternatives.

Until that is proven I don't know why any supporter would object to the purchase of a season ticket solely on those grounds. It's probably an unfortunate by product of our overall situation.

All that said if you do think there's a good chance of imminent administration (contrary to what it appears was said at the meeting) then yes it is sound advice to purchase on your credit card.

8 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

I think this is a great idea, really good post. It gives people who are  going to renew the chance to do that at the very best price and do as they please which is to show loyalty to the team/club. It gives V's and the money men so much sweating time and being unable to project future borrowing to potentially (I know it's highly unlikely) reconsider being here at all. Does paying on a credit card mean the payee has to wait longer for payment or have I misheard that?

Just now, cesus said:

I think this is a great idea, really good post. It gives people who are  going to renew the chance to do that at the very best price and do as they please which is to show loyalty to the team/club. It gives V's and the money men so much sweating time and being unable to project future borrowing to potentially (I know it's highly unlikely) reconsider being here at all. Does paying on a credit card mean the payee has to wait longer for payment or have I misheard that?

In the event of Rovers going to the wall then the cost of the season ticket can be protected. A simple explanation is here:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/credit-cards/guide-to-credit-card-protection/

In addition buying right at the end of a season ticket purchase phase will mean that the 'Club' is not sure of actual receipts until that time which will quite possibly hinder forward financial planning and new loan negotations.

A siege mentality approach using cash starvation as the weapon could provoke an ownership reaction.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

In the event of Rovers going to the wall then the cost of the season ticket can be protected. A simple explanation is here:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/credit-cards/guide-to-credit-card-protection/

I know it protects the payer but I just hoped paying by credit card made it slower for the payee to get their cash. Small victories I know but anything that means the money men can't settle their borrowing pushes them closer to the door ... hopefully!!

Just now, cesus said:

I know it protects the payer but I just hoped paying by credit card made it slower for the payee to get their cash. Small victories I know but anything that means the money men can't settle their borrowing pushes them closer to the door ... hopefully!!

I thought you would but just thought some detail may help some readers.

It will delay payment to some extent and I added a bit to my previous post above.

9 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

Better still dont buy one and force administration ?

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

What is frightening is how desperate the Club appear to be to sell STs quickly when it will bring in quite modest amounts of cash. Just enough to run the Club for a few months.

Season tickets have been on sale at many of the clubs we have visited recently for some time now, about time we did likewise for once. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Season tickets have been on sale at many of the clubs we have visited recently for some time now, about time we did likewise for once. 

Good point. I have become conditioned in looking for the worst scenario.

It could planning to get cash in early to help plan the summer window better.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Exactly. Plus people on here and other sites have moaned for years about ST going on sale too late. So now the club has put them on early. And still people are unhappy. 

My advice/hope is that we can get roughly the same ST holders as this season. 

Archived