BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Aston Villa (H) Saturday 29th April, Kick off 15.00

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

Quite possibly both, I honestly feel that after hearing Chestons comments about finances and his view that "we can't and shouldn't expect Venkys to keep putting money in" that next spring we will be nervously looking around in a relegation fight again whether that be in the championship or league 1....... That said I desperately hope we stay up next weekend..

If we do stay up, we are Rotherham next season...

When we go down we will be set up to go straight through L1 and then on to only God knows where.

I watched the York City game yesterday as they went straight through the National League into NL North. They were relegated by a 90th minute goal scored at Guiseley. Life is hard.

The way Rovers are owned and operated we could be playing them in 3 or 4 seasons time.

Do not think for a moment that cannot happen under the Raos. By then they will have sold Brockhall and play at Wonga Park or Pleasington.

Edit: In the York game I saw for the first time ever the Forest Green crossbar hit twice and hard by massive and powerful throw ins. Also a fat bloke with a beer belly scoring 2 decent goals for York.

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

The only one blinkered here is you, Gav. We've be paying this lad for all of his working life. He has, like many on Venkys watch, been promoted beyond his station and now - having played a central part in a team that has been in the bottom three all season - is now waiting to see if we stay up before discussing his future. He is just like every other mercenary footballer except he's a little less footballer.

At least you are not on your own though, Gav.

402ED04F-C2F8-481F-BB46-EB67120F0CDD.jpg

Lowe is another example of a player that will only be missed when he's actually gone through the door. 

Bowyer, Lambert and Mowbray all pick the lad, but the welder from Wilpshire, the van man from Chorley and flower seller from Feni think he's cr@p.

I know who I'm siding with.

11 hours ago, preston blue said:

In the Bristol City home game I thought Lowe had an excellent 2nd half.  Unfortunately some Rovers fans cannot admit it when he plays well.

Good man pb. I thought lowe played well made a good interception for the goal and  he made some good tackles.

I thought Bennett was my mom. He never stopped all game. The head is pounding this morning. The nerves are long gone. It's going to be along week 

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Bitten by the betting bug decades ago when as a newly qualified accountant I was seconded to a national firm of bookmakers to do some project work.  My advice to anyone is treat it as a bit of fun and don't bet what you can't afford to lose.

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

You miss the point.  I was so confident Rovers would win because I thought Villa were clearly not up for it and total cr@p and therefore bet £50.  That is not 'bragging'.

As posted, my football betting is a bit of fun and I actually do pretty well out of it.  Some of it is intuitive, some of it based upon personal knowledge/judgement and some of it is based upon a whisper or two.

If you bet £50 having recently won substantially more than that it's no big deal.  If you are throwing £50 at it in order to try and recoup previous betting losses then that is irresponsible.

As an accountant, I can tell you my finances are pretty much in order.  I largely bet for fun, do pretty well at it and the winnings are ploughed back into family treats.  Nowt wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with sensible betting. After over the past few weeks of winning over 200 pounds. 

Its given you a personal interest in games at time

6 hours ago, McClarky said:

Just watching Leyton Orient fans today. That's what Rovers fans should be doing. Invading the pitch and getting games abandoned to highlight our plight.  As it is we are going down, if not this yesr then next.  

Would it change anything tho?

Just now, Gav said:

Lowe is another example of a player that will only be missed when he's actually gone through the door. 

Bowyer, Lambert and Mowbray all pick the lad, but the welder from Wilpshire, the van man from Chorley and flower seller from Feni think he's cr@p.

Gav, just give up trying to reason with him. Its a waste of time. Ive given up after Tuesday

Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle and Mowbray have picked him. 

Just now, Gav said:

Crickey, change a few names and that's about my hero Big Sam B)

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Gav, just give up trying to reason with him. Its a waste of time. Ive given up after Tuesday

Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle and Mowbray have picked him. 

:lol::lol::lol:

You have painted yourself into so many corners your shoes have rainbow coloured soles.

How on earth you can bemoan a lack of reason is beyond belief!

Just now, Stuart said:

You have painted yourself into so many corners your shoes have rainbow coloured soles.

When he was substituted, it seemed obvious to me it was to give a send off because Lowe isn't like 95% of our squad (can't last a full game) and performed well again yesterday. The squad will be much worse without him, because you can guarantee we won't get a penny for him, and the replacement is likely 18/19 and in our academy.

His work often goes unnoticed, because he doesn't beat players or have consistent major impact in the final third, that's not his job. Out of the pack, I'd keep Lowe over Guthrie (less mobile than me), The no-hope Akpan, The "I'm never fit, but I play 6 times a year for NI" debacle or many more of the bag of Murphy we've played in the past few years.

Another reason to be annoyed at the direction and running of the club for me, not the reason to celebrate that some see it as.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Stuart, you have more faces than a town hall clock. :rolleyes::D:lol:

Well Stuart you do enjoy a moan. Always have to find something. 

On Lowe, yesterday it looked like it was his last appreance at Ewood Park as a Rovers player by the way he clapped all the fans. Probably end up at Brighton. 

JB, I would keep Guthrie next seson as he good in possesion and experience. We need that. Think we need a box to box midfielder next to him. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

On Lowe, yesterday it looked like it was his last appreance at Ewood Park as a Rovers player by the way he clapped all the fans. Probably end up at Brighton. 

Thank God, relative to his talents and position in our team, quite possibly one of the worst midfielders in the league. Under his captaincy we have played the worst football I've seen at Ewood. Nicking money off us and I'm happy for him to feck off. Action man prat

12 minutes ago, Biz said:

When he was substituted, it seemed obvious to me it was to give a send off because Lowe isn't like 95% of our squad (can't last a full game) and performed well again yesterday. The squad will be much worse without him, because you can guarantee we won't get a penny for him, and the replacement is likely 18/19 and in our academy.

His work often goes unnoticed, because he doesn't beat players or have consistent major impact in the final third, that's not his job. Out of the pack, I'd keep Lowe over Guthrie (less mobile than me), The no-hope Akpan, The "I'm never fit, but I play 6 times a year for NI" debacle or many more of the bag of Murphy we've played in the past few years.

Another reason to be annoyed at the direction and running of the club for me, not the reason to celebrate that some see it as.

There's a reason his work goes unnoticed.

Yes, he makes himself available for a pass but it's what he does with it (doesn't do with it) that's the problem.

One pass yesterday in the heat of the moment when a bad pass dropped for him and suddenly he's a good 'un.

Which is funny because we were all saying the same - sarcastically - where we were sat yesterday.

This isn't some young lad from the ranks who's a bit raw. It's an experienced player who has proven himself not good enough for the last few years. Building a team around Jason Lowe has contributed to where we are today. The fact he has survived when every other decent player has been sold tells its own story and it certainly isn't loyalty.

Lowe looked to have tweaked his hamstring. He signalled to the bench to come off. Nothing to do with a send off for him from the fans. He wouldn't want that because he doesn't feel popular enough. He's hardly Tugay is he?

I agree his applause to us was a final bow. He won't play for us at Ewood again.

Just now, Stuart said:

There's a reason his work goes unnoticed.

Yes, he makes himself available for a pass but it's what he does with it (doesn't do with it) that's the problem.

One pass yesterday in the heat of the moment when a bad pass dropped for him and suddenly he's a good 'un.

Which is funny because we were all saying the same - sarcastically - where we were sat yesterday.

This isn't some young lad from the ranks who's a bit raw. It's an experienced player who has proven himself not good enough for the last few years. Building a team around Jason Lowe has contributed to where we are today. The fact he has survived when every other decent player has been sold tells its own story and it certainly isn't loyalty.

Lowe is an example of the fall from grace, in the sense that his true level was below us, and now we've out sunk him. It's as simple as that, he is singled out because he's always been around during the descent.

Made captain by default, by another mistake in the long line of decisions that have put this club on the brink of the third tier. He was obviously given a contract during Keans era, that wouldn't have happened previously, nobody can deny the question marks against him.

On the pitch though, as Gav rightly says - he's been one player that has been chosen by a plethora of different managers, and utilised in the squad whenever he has been fit. Jason can never be accused of lacking effort or conditioning, i.e. The basics that we've lacked for so long. His reading of the game, his movement and versatility are all things we WILL miss, and I've made my mind up on this from what I've seen - regardless of what sarcastic comments I might hear!

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

Lowe looked to have tweaked his hamstring. He signalled to the bench to come off. Nothing to do with a send off for him from the fans. He wouldn't want that because he doesn't feel popular enough. He's hardly Tugay is he?

I agree his applause to us was a final bow. He won't play for us at Ewood again.

Didn't see that, but agree on the final bow. It's a strange feeling to see it happen, a 15 years at the club and hardly a whimper of appreciation. 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Thank God, relative to his talents and position in our team, quite possibly one of the worst midfielders in the league. Under his captaincy we have played the worst football I've seen at Ewood. Nicking money off us and I'm happy for him to feck off. Action man prat

Compared to Akpan? Who has looked drunk in most appearances this season? Or Evans?... you know the that guy who we've paid to sit on the bench all season ready for the internationals!

Ill see you in august, when you are lamenting the god awful accusations we make as a replacement.

Just now, Stuart said:

:lol:

Well, apart from tackle.

He was majestic yesterday as he strode forward with the ball and then slipped an inch-perfect pass through their massed ranks. It was Platini-esque. When you're that good you don't have to tackle. He leaves that to the 'water-carriers'.

Jason Lowe - game changer. In a good way.

Just now, Biz said:

Lowe is an example of the fall from grace, in the sense that his true level was below us, and now we've out sunk him. It's as simple as that, he is singled out because he's always been around during the descent.

Made captain by default, by another mistake in the long line of decisions that have put this club on the brink of the third tier. He was obviously given a contract during Keans era, that wouldn't have happened previously, nobody can deny the question marks against him.

On the pitch though, as Gav rightly says - he's been one player that has been chosen by a plethora of different managers, and utilised in the squad whenever he has been fit. Jason can never be accused of lacking effort or conditioning, i.e. The basics that we've lacked for so long. His reading of the game, his movement and versatility are all things we WILL miss, and I've made my mind up on this from what I've seen - regardless of what sarcastic comments I might hear!

Didn't see that, but agree on the final bow. It's a strange feeling to see it happen, a 15 years at the club and hardly a whimper of appreciation. 

I honestly think given money Lambert would have replaced him and he might have got a game as a utility player or perhaps as a stand in right back.

I don't credit Bowyer either as a manager (he had a top six squad and a top two strike force) or for picking Lowe. Not picking him would have reflected badly on Bowyer that he hadn't produced at youth level - especially in completely missing both Judge and King as major assets. Coyle gets no credit from anyone but it was he who cemented our problems.

As a reliable squad player or loyal sub I think he would have been appreciated more. As a player that the team was set up around - whilst being in the bottom three all season - and seemingly undroppable, not even experimenting. Despite a previous history of doing better without him.

He's a bit of a victim, in that it's not his fault he isn't good enough but still gets picked. But he's made a damned good living at a time when Rovers have suffered very badly. Partly as a result of his contribution.

Just now, Biz said:

Compared to Akpan? Who has looked drunk in most appearances this season? Or Evans?... you know the that guy who we've paid to sit on the bench all season ready for the internationals!

Ill see you in august, when you are lamenting the god awful accusations we make as a replacement.

There have been quite a few 'god awful accusations' on here:)

Anyway, my new best friend Paul told me that whatever happens we'll have a better team next year than this. Trust him;)

Just now, Stuart said:

I honestly think given money Lambert would have replaced him and he might have got a game as a utility player or perhaps as a stand in right back.

I don't credit Bowyer either as a manager (he had a top six squad and a top two strike force) or for picking Lowe. Not picking him would have reflected badly on Bowyer that he hadn't produced at youth level - especially in completely missing both Judge and King as major assets. Coyle gets no credit from anyone but it was he who cemented our problems.

As a reliable squad player or loyal sub I think he would have been appreciated more. As a player that the team was set up around - whilst being in the bottom three all season - and seemingly undroppable, not even experimenting. Despite a previous history of doing better without him.

He's a bit of a victim, in that it's not his fault he isn't good enough but still gets picked. But he's made a damned good living at a time when Rovers have suffered very badly. Partly as a result of his contribution.

Lambert didn't replace him even though he signed 8/9 players in a month. Lowe still got picked.

The bit about Bowyer you've just made up.

Stop floundering and just accept that Lowe isn't as bad as you make him out to be, and certainly isn't the reason we find ourselves on the verge of League 1.

Just now, Stuart said:

I don't credit Bowyer either as a manager (he had a top six squad and a top two strike force) or for picking Lowe.

Bowyer signed one of those two strikers for peanuts. So... No credit there, either?

It does come across that you really struggle to give credit where it's due, @Stuart.

Just now, Phil T said:

Bowyer signed one of those two strikers for peanuts. So... No credit there, either?

It does come across that you really struggle to give credit where it's due, @Stuart.

Disagree. I've always given Bowyer credit as a scout. His record of success must be one in two which is a decent return.

A good manager? If you say so.

Just now, Steve1 said:

He's worse than what people say..he was marking the ref yesterday...hes pigging clueless..dancing round not knowing were to go or what to do.glad to see the back of him 

And the ref hardly had a touch.

Bottom line. Lowe set up the goal that won us the game. Credit where's it's due.

Archived