BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Aston Villa (H) Saturday 29th April, Kick off 15.00

Bennett is unbelievable. Even when he's not playing so well he's such an effective player to have, never stopped running. A manager's dream and the fact that Coyle didn't play him says it all.

Raya is a breath of fresh air, and some people on here wanted to stick with Steele. Most Rovers fans really are clueless.

Having someone that wants to keep the ball in Guthrie also makes a big difference, thought he worked really hard as well. He has to be given a new contract.

Lenihan is a warrior, a proper player.

Overall we played well, although they were awful. Still not confident at all of winning at Brentford though.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Redknapp speaks:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/huddersfield-town-made-ten-changes-12965072

What a two-hat. Can you imagine if it was Huddersfield v Rovers and Big Club and Forest were fighting for survival? He would have been quoting the rule book and phoning anyone with three lions in their blazer. :rolleyes:

Just now, RV Blue said:

Bennett is unbelievable. Even when he's not playing so well he's such an effective player to have, never stopped running. A manager's dream and the fact that Coyle didn't play him says it all.

Raya is a breath of fresh air, and some people on here wanted to stick with Steele. Most Rovers fans really are clueless.

Having someone that wants to keep the ball in Guthrie also makes a big difference, thought he worked really hard as well. He has to be given a new contract.

Lenihan is a warrior, a proper player.

Overall we played well, although they were awful. Still not confident at all of winning at Brentford though.

You're opinion doesn't count. You've not creditted our 5-second bionic man.

Just now, Steve1 said:

He's worse than what people say..he was marking the ref yesterday...hes pigging clueless..dancing round not knowing were to go or what to do.glad to see the back of him 

He drove that side forward yesterday Steve with his 'midfield terrier' approach, he was everywhere and created the goal.

I recall having a heated debate on an England away trip with an Oxford and Man Utd fan many moons ago, both labeled Blackburn fans as lacking football knowledge:

"Its just not a footballing town"

"you boo your own players"

"Boo Shearer when he came back, the best player you've ever had"

I argued the contrary of course, but its stuck with me, and as time has passed I now think its got some truth in it.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

When we go down we will be set up to go straight through L1 and then on to only God knows where.

I watched the York City game yesterday as they went straight through the National League into NL North. They were relegated by a 90th minute goal scored at Guiseley. Life is hard.

The way Rovers are owned and operated we could be playing them in 3 or 4 seasons time.

Do not think for a moment that cannot happen under the Raos. By then they will have sold Brockhall and play at Wonga Park or Pleasington.

Edit: In the York game I saw for the first time ever the Forest Green crossbar hit twice and hard by massive and powerful throw ins. Also a fat bloke with a beer belly scoring 2 decent goals for York.

That's big Jon Parkin. Absolute legend.

Sad times for York getting relegated, they are my local club so I follow them and go to the odd game.

Just now, Stuart said:

Redknapp speaks:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/huddersfield-town-made-ten-changes-12965072

What a two-hat. Can you imagine if it was Huddersfield v Rovers and Big Club and Forest were fighting for survival? He would have been quoting the rule book and phoning anyone with three lions in their blazer. :rolleyes:

"Why should they take care of us or Blackburn or Nottingham Forest? It's not their job. It's not his fault that we are stuck down there."

They did take care of you, and that's our problem you tit.

Just now, Steve1 said:

Did we have midfield yesterday ??? Ha

Yes he's everywhere but not in the actual game!!!

If he was that spectacular yesterday why did he not get man of the match???

Bugger, you've me on that one Steve :wacko:

Just now, Gav said:

He drove that side forward yesterday Steve with his 'midfield terrier' approach, he was everywhere and created the goal.

I recall having a heated debate on an England away trip with an Oxford and Man Utd fan many moons ago, both labeled Blackburn fans as lacking football knowledge:

I argued the contrary of course, but its stuck with me, and as time has passed I now think its got some truth in it.

Daft argument seeing as Shearer did the dirty on us. Blackburn is a football town and always has been. I'd have enjoyed an argument with him.

Ex England full back and BBC commentator always said there were 20,000 critics at Ewood but fans of all clubs have players they dislike. Rovers fans tend to target one player, and they're quite often home bred. In the past it was Darling and Wilcox, the current one is Lowe

Some silly comments on Lowe on here as usual. Some won't even give him credit when he plays well.

Just now, davulsukur said:

That's big Jon Parkin. Absolute legend.

Sad times for York getting relegated, they are my local club so I follow them and go to the odd game.

I spent some time working there. Love the place and often went to Bootham Cresent.

Parkin played well. Looks completely wrong and knackered but still a player.

They should have won yesterday. The big tall forward missed a sitter from a yard out and the Forest Green keeper made a wonder save from Parkin.

I hope their new stadium brings them luck and they get back to the EFL.

If Blackburn isn't a football town, I'd like to see a list of ones that are.

We used to get a lot of this in the 90s because we'd been out of the limelight through the 70s and 80s- though we almost retuned on numerous occasions through the 1980s and had a glorious pre 1966 history.

Suprised at you gav.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nothing wrong with sensible betting. After over the past few weeks of winning over 200 pounds. 

Its given you a personal interest in games at time

Would it change anything tho?

Gav, just give up trying to reason with him. Its a waste of time. Ive given up after Tuesday

Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle and Mowbray have picked him. 

"Would it change anything tho" Why is that your answer to everything? The way I see it Rovers is the titanic, doomed anyway. There were people on that ship who knew that but they tried to save themselves and others from certain death, you chaddy would have been sat in bed asleep while all this was going on and if woken up you'd have probably said "don't bother getting the women and children off it won't do anything they'll die anyway" and gone back to sleep and stayed on the ship as it sunk. Back to the football, I enjoyed the win yesterday of course but too be honest Chaddy it's got to the point where you genuinely make me enjoy winning football matches less. The few times we've won this season you always come on here with your patronising and cocky comments as if every win is a middle finger to those fans who either protest or actively want to do something about the mess our club is in. Of course, enjoy the three points but why do you have to go about it the way you do? I want us to stay up of course but our club is goosed anyway Chaddy! How many times. Also, it's nice too see your self-imposed ban from the site lasted a few days. Good going son. :lol: 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

If Blackburn isn't a football town, I'd like to see a list of ones that are.

We used to get a lot of this in the 90s because we'd been out of the limelight through the 70s and 80s- though we almost retuned on numerous occasions through the 1980s and had a glorious pre 1966 history.

Suprised at you gav.

It was more the lack of knowledge that riled me at the time, and what I'm really getting at here, although reading back through my post it doesn't make it clear.

I should probably create a new thread to dig myself out of the hole Matty :D

51 minutes ago, Gav said:

I argued the contrary of course, but its stuck with me, and as time has passed I now think its got some truth in it.[\b]

Pure Bunkum....not even worth discussing my friend.

Just now, roverstdt said:

Btw is it me or does the team seem to panic a lot less with Raya in goal? Just seems a lot more composure. 

We have conceded one goal in the four games Raya has played recently. That alone tells it's own story after a succession of managers preferred the hapless Steele.

Just now, arbitro said:

We have conceded one goal in the four games Raya has played recently. That alone tells it's own story after a succession of managers preferred the hapless Steele.

A few on here said that Steele should stay in until the end of the season, so clueless.  Raya will be a top top keeper, Premier League easy.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Good point, well made:rolleyes:

You've found your level.

I wish Jason had found his without taking Rovers there and then leaving.

I haven't forgotten what your level is either, bub.

Archived