SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Aston Villa (H) Saturday 29th April, Kick off 15.00

Just now, BrizzleBoy said:

Evening all

Bristol City Fan in peace

Sorry to see you in this state with the Venkys

Wish you all the best next week

What I can assure you is that the fans are well up,for next Saturday with an approaching sell out and we desperately want to carry on our momentum after a dire season

We normally perform when the pressure is off and most would like us to relegate Brum or Forest

Cant speak for the players but I'd be very surprised if we are anywhere near the beach next week and I'd fancy us strongly for a win

I hope that alone gives you some hope - think the toughest part for you is getting a result at Brentford who are a handful

Good Luck - we've all 'been there' and I'd like to see you stay up for the fans rather than players or owners

Greetings.  I watched your game and you deserved the win and could have scored more. Brighton hardly troubled you. Can we have your keeper back at Ewood? 

Please do not let your manager have a chat with 'Arry pre game as odd stuff happens

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BrizzleBoy said:

Evening all

Bristol City Fan in peace

Sorry to see you in this state with the Venkys

Wish you all the best next week

What I can assure you is that the fans are well up,for next Saturday with an approaching sell out and we desperately want to carry on our momentum after a dire season

We normally perform when the pressure is off and most would like us to relegate Brum or Forest

Cant speak for the players but I'd be very surprised if we are anywhere near the beach next week and I'd fancy us strongly for a win

I hope that alone gives you some hope - think the toughest part for you is getting a result at Brentford who are a handful

Good Luck - we've all 'been there' and I'd like to see you stay up for the fans rather than players or owners

Bristol have finished the season very strongly and I agree that you will be up for winning the last game.  Hope you do and congrats on securing your safety today.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Greetings.  I watched your game and you deserved the win and could have scored more. Brighton hardly troubled you. Can we have your keeper back at Ewood? 

Please do not let your manager have a chat with 'Arry pre game as odd stuff happens

Frankie has had a mixed season but found his best form at the right time and we love him as a character

Another bit of good news for ya is that Tammy Abraham still has division top scorer to aim for

;)

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Bristol have finished the season very strongly and I agree that you will be up for winning the last game.  Hope you do and congrats on securing your safety today.

Thanks - I think we will be very much at it next week

As I say , genuinely , hope you survive

21 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Always the same. He makes one pass or one tackle or has a shot once every three games and all is forgiven.

After Venkys and Coyle, I hold that lad responsible for our league position. For some reason you don't like it but we are an incredibly negative team with our undeserved captain as the fulcrum.

He certainly divides the fanbase, Gav. Did you notice there were as man folded arms as clapping hands as he walked off the Ewood pitch hopefully for the last time.

Made a first teamer by his youth team coach and then made captain by one of the club's worst ever managers. It's a big black mark against Mowbray that he didn't hand over the armband to Mulgrew, Lenihan or even Conway. But that's probably down to consistency and/or fitness. He will probably be good enough for a League One Rovers and yet he is free I walk away without a backward glance when we may actually need him. He's just another mercenary footballer and a below average Championship one at that. So no need to get all teary.

Sorry Stuart but you're completely blinkered when it comes to Lowe and you're not on your own.

The lads not the best footballer in the world, but he's not the worse either as we saw today.

For someone who has been at the club since he was 12yrs old he deserves better.

• Backroom

As much as I enjoy a win, I was disgusted we didn't try for a second or even third vs a Villa side that wasn't even in first gear most of the game!

An extra goal could be what would save us!

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Sorry Stuart but you're completely blinkered when it comes to Lowe and you're not on your own.

The lads not the best footballer in the world, but he's not the worse either as we saw today.

I appreciate that Jason Lowe must follow managers instructions and probably has many roles and responsibilities that wouldn't be obvious to the average fan, myself very much included.

I'm sure with the weight of the game now very much being led from analysis and sports science, Lowe is instructed player X does this, that and the other and you need to stop him being in this area or doing Y when he has the ball. BUT ultimately in all my years of going to Ewood I've never seen a footballer so uncomfortable with a football and anybody must appreciate that is a HUGE part of being a highly paid professional footballer.

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

As much as I enjoy a win, I was disgusted we didn't try for a second or even third vs a Villa side that wasn't even in first gear most of the game!

An extra goal could be what would save us!

I was more worried about being caught out with an equaliser to be fair, Preston still too raw 

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Wrong again oh mystic merce

Yep, just as I was wrong about 4.00 pm today placing a £50 bet on Rovers to win (as posted on this thread at the time) at just better than evens!

What have you done today that was as profitable?

Just now, Mercer said:

Yep, just as I was wrong about 4.00 pm today placing a £50 bet on Rovers to win (as posted on this thread at the time) at just better than evens!

What have you done today that was as profitable?

I'm surprised you can still find bookies that will take your bets, such is your predicting prowess.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

The only one blinkered here is you, Gav. We've be paying this lad for all of his working life. He has, like many on Venkys watch, been promoted beyond his station and now - having played a central part in a team that has been in the bottom three all season - is now waiting to see if we stay up before discussing his future. He is just like every other mercenary footballer except he's a little less footballer.

At least you are not on your own though, Gav.

402ED04F-C2F8-481F-BB46-EB67120F0CDD.jpg

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Sublime pass By Lowe - if he has that in him then more of it please 

In the first half he passed forward to the left wing and soon after decided to have a shot which he completely mis-hit.

All around me moaned but I applauded because he tried to shoot; something I have been urging him to do.

He should have been coached years ago to pass forward and shoot regularly.

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm surprised you can still find bookies that will take your bets, such is your predicting prowess.

Bitten by the betting bug decades ago when as a newly qualified accountant I was seconded to a national firm of bookmakers to do some project work.  My advice to anyone is treat it as a bit of fun and don't bet what you can't afford to lose.

Just now, Mercer said:

Bitten by the betting bug decades ago when as a newly qualified accountant I was seconded to a national firm of bookmakers to do some project work.  My advice to anyone is treat it as a bit of fun and don't bet what you can't afford to lose.

You bragging about dropping £50 on an in-play bet isn't a great advert for responsible betting.

However much you can afford to lose.

Just now, Mercer said:

Just stop with the antagonising posts and nobody will have a reason to be irked by you. What have you got to gain by saying you're 'printing money' barely half way through matches, and saying we'll win by 2+ goals each match when we've done it once this season. I genuinely think you know what you're doing - it's not the positivity of your posts ala Chaddy, it's the tone of them. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. 

Anyway, I hope you're correct and come Sunday at  we're safe.

Just now, Stuart said:

You bragging about dropping £50 on an in-play bet isn't a great advert for responsible betting.

However much you can afford to lose.

You miss the point.  I was so confident Rovers would win because I thought Villa were clearly not up for it and total cr@p and therefore bet £50.  That is not 'bragging'.

As posted, my football betting is a bit of fun and I actually do pretty well out of it.  Some of it is intuitive, some of it based upon personal knowledge/judgement and some of it is based upon a whisper or two.

If you bet £50 having recently won substantially more than that it's no big deal.  If you are throwing £50 at it in order to try and recoup previous betting losses then that is irresponsible.

As an accountant, I can tell you my finances are pretty much in order.  I largely bet for fun, do pretty well at it and the winnings are ploughed back into family treats.  Nowt wrong with that.

Just now, Mercer said:

You miss the point.  I was so confident Rovers would win because I thought Villa were clearly not up for it and total cr@p and therefore bet £50.  That is not 'bragging'.

As posted, my football betting is a bit of fun and I actually do pretty well out of it.  Some of it is intuitive, some of it based upon personal knowledge/judgement and some of it is based upon a whisper or two.

If you bet £50 having recently won substantially more than that it's no big deal.  If you are throwing £50 at it in order to try and recoup previous betting losses then that is irresponsible.

As an accountant, I can tell you my finances are pretty much in order.  I largely bet for fun, do pretty well at it and the winnings are ploughed back into family treats.  Nowt wrong with that.

Of course Merce, nowt wrong with that at all. In fact, thanks to your 'intuitive' knowledge I'm currently sat back relaxed and enjoying the football.

Just now, Mercer said:

"I'm not bragging"...... "I do pretty well at It" :lol: 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Suggest you look at my reply to James before jumping the gun Tom

No need to be cocky. Just enjoying my night tonight. Rovers win now watching the boxing whilst having a Curry. Very peaceful night

Yet again another personal dig. But cant expect much from Mr. Moan about everything. Com can we??? 

Mulgrew was on the left of the back 3, Ward in the middle and Lenihan on the right of back 3. Williams left wing back Nyambe right wing back

Fish and chips not good enough anymore eh? Get back to your roots! :)

1 hour ago, McClarky said:

Just watching Leyton Orient fans today. That's what Rovers fans should be doing. Invading the pitch and getting games abandoned to highlight our plight.  As it is we are going down, if not this yesr then next.  

Should have heard the Jw today, embarrassing. I even gave it a he scores goals Danny Graham and got told to shhhhhh

ive been in libarys louder, why no noise?

4 hours ago, McClarky said:

Just watching Leyton Orient fans today. That's what Rovers fans should be doing. Invading the pitch and getting games abandoned to highlight our plight.  As it is we are going down, if not this yesr then next.  

Quite possibly both, I honestly feel that after hearing Chestons comments about finances and his view that "we can't and shouldn't expect Venkys to keep putting money in" that next spring we will be nervously looking around in a relegation fight again whether that be in the championship or league 1....... That said I desperately hope we stay up next weekend..

Archived