BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Aston Villa (H) Saturday 29th April, Kick off 15.00

Just now, preston blue said:

I would look at the season not just today.

It is not match fixing, they are preparing for the playoffs.

I would also add i think its disgraceful when a footballer who gets paid thousands a week cant be arsed turning up just because they have nothing to play for like these villa players today

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, roverandout said:

I would also add i think its disgraceful when a footballer who gets paid thousands a week cant be arsed turning up just because they have nothing to play for like these villa players today

Just like the Rovers players for much of this season.  They rarely turned up......overpaid ponces.

Its a tall order, but we could stay, even if we lose next week. Forest one goal better off means if we lost 0-1 and they lost 2-0 we stay up. If we draw and they lose we stay up. If we win, then we need to hope we either win by more than one goal more than Forest, or that Brum, don't win. We would have took this 10 games ago, but it is looking unlikely.

Just now, JacknOry said:

So we have to better Forests result or win and hope Brum lose...

Because we settled as soon as we got one goal, we need to better Forest's result by two goals - so if they score 2 we'll need 4.

Huddersfield's result was entirely predictable - ever since they caved in 4-0 at Bristol City 6 weeks ago they've been woeful. Don't know why people were celebrating Brum being down to 10 men - Norwich showed against us it doesn't make any difference. Brum made a good move in getting Redknapp though I've disliked him intensely ever since he made some derogatory comments about "horrible places up nawf".

So it goes to the last day as always seemed likely. Why does death have to be lingering and painful ?

• Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

So if we won 2-0 and Forest win 1-0 next game - we are level on points and GD. Refresh my memory on what happens then.

Goes to goals for, then alphabet I think

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray bottled it at 75 mins when Conway came on. Settled for 1-0

Work for Chickens act like one

"When sometimes a win is just not enough" Really, I mean really? Just enjoy the win. I don't know about you, but, it´s going to be a good night here tonight!:tu:

Just now, JacknOry said:

So if we won 2-0 and Forest win 1-0 next game - we are level on points and GD. Refresh my memory on what happens then.

We stay up as we have a better head to head.

Possibly the most pitiful 'lap of honour' we've ever had. Almost everyone in the crowd departed and only Ward left the centre circle to head anywhere near the BBE.

I'll be glad to see the back of most of this shower. Here's hoping for a bit of honesty next season with some real grafters.

#backtobasics

Just now, lraC said:

Its a tall order, but we could stay, even if we lose next week. Forest one goal better off means if we lost 0-1 and they lost 2-0 we stay up. If we draw and they lose we stay up. If we win, then we need to hope we either win by more than one goal more than Forest, or that Brum, don't win. We would have took this 10 games ago, but it is looking unlikely.

Not true, if we have equal goal difference to Forest then Forest stay up as they scored more goals this season.

Basically we have to win to catch birmingham. We have to win and hope forest dont. Forest win and we win we need a big score. In a nutshell we have no chance of beating brentford away. Of course we could draw and have forest lose at home. That wont happen

• Backroom
Just now, roverandout said:

Basically we have to win to catch birmingham. We have to win and hope forest dont. Forest win and we win we need a big score. In a nutshell we have no chance of beating brentford away. Of course we could draw and have forest lose at home. That wont happen

Forest losing and us getting a draw is my only hope :(

Archived