BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Aston Villa (H) Saturday 29th April, Kick off 15.00

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the oft used statement that good old J-Lo must be good because a succession of managers have picked him has been trotted out on this thread. However, surely this is negated when one considers that in the past 6 years worth of transfer windows, when we've sold anything that's not nailed down, we've not had had to rebuff one single attempt at luring him away. Not one. 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

J-Lowe's pass gets better every time you see it. Graham didn't have to break stride. Class finish too.

Obviously you are now taking the pee.  It was a basic pass made much easier by a defence that did not give a flying chuff how the game finished. I've never seen a opposition so passive at Ewood and we struggled.  Lowe struggled,  Graham struggled....it proved to me that the footballing talent is really low grade....

Technically Lowe is a disgrace to the profession. He simply hasn't got any technique and struggles to get any sort of attacks started because of his lack of talent.  If he was any good he'd have gone ages ago.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Obviously you are now taking the pee.  It was a basic pass made much easier by a defence that did not give a flying chuff how the game finished. I've never seen a opposition so passive at Ewood and we struggled.  Lowe struggled,  Graham struggled....it proved to me that the footballing talent is really low grade....

Technically Lowe is a disgrace to the profession. He simply hasn't got any technique and struggles to get any sort of attacks started because of his lack of talent.  If he was any good he'd have gone ages ago.

what part of my post are you specifically disagreeing with?

44 minutes ago, Mike E said:

What I love about Raya is how vocal, but calm he is. He comes out to collect high balls, so the defence is straight away ready to receive and begin an attack.

He looked very assured yesterday, although he had little to do. He may get more of a test at Brentford next week but he certainly deserves to keep his place

I know I will probably get based for saying so but Jason Lowe's performance has improved under Mowbray. Less aimless running and actual thought going into his game. He has a good player when well managed. Give him a new contract with Mahoney and build on for next year. 

Lowe signed a 5 year contract in 2011 keeping him here until 2016. He then signed a new contract in 2013 extending his stay by a year to this Summer. There has been no interest in him during any of this time, while his superior team mates have been picked up.

Why did he sign that new contract? The only reason I can think of is improved terms on the back of Gary Bowyer playing him in every game - possibly with a promise that he would be in every game if fit (which is what has happened). Add in that, even now 4 years later, we still have the 9th highest wage bill in the League, it's not that much of a stretch to believe that such a deal would have put him on par with the higher earners at the club. So you would have to expect him to be on a 5-figure weekly wage. If it was confirmed he was on 10k-15k per week, would people still feel he was worth his place in a team which has been on a downward trajectory during his time, and in the bottom three during all of his time as captain? Would they want to offer him a new contract on similar terms?

I wouldn't.

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Lowe signed a 5 year contract in 2011 keeping him here until 2016. He then signed a new contract in 2013 extending his stay by a year to this Summer. There has been no interest in him during any of this time, while his superior team mates have been picked up.

Why did he sign that new contract? The only reason I can think of is improved terms on the back of Gary Bowyer playing him in every game - possibly with a promise that he would be in every game if fit (which is what has happened). Add in that, even now 4 years later, we still have the 9th highest wage bill in the League, it's not that much of a stretch to believe that such a deal would have put him on par with the higher earners at the club. So you would have to expect him to be on a 5-figure weekly wage. If it was confirmed he was on 10k-15k per week, would people still feel he was worth his place in a team which has been on a downward trajectory during his time, and in the bottom three during all of his time as captain? Would they want to offer him a new contract on similar terms?

I wouldn't.

Tony Pullis was after Jason Lowe under Bowyer and apparently in January this year, it was all over the local papers down here.

Now we're guessing his wages to try and beat the lad with that stick......

You need to just admit he's nowhere near as bad as you paint out and was instrumental in our win yesterday, he's 110% every game and doesn't deserve to have his named booed when the teams read out and hammered on here.

What was that about our fans lacking footballing knowledge.....

I would take any 'links' for a player in his last year of contract with a pinch of of salt.

Very simple, he's out of contract in the summer, so he'll presumably have his pick of clubs, let's see what division he ends up in. If he ends up at a West Brom then the fanbase have obviously not appreciated his work and need to eat humble pie.

Great result that papers over a few cracks. Cant knock the possession and work rate but where has it been over the past 5 weeks? If we had seen that v Barnsley, Bristol and Wolves we would be half way up the table.

Lets finally put an end the JLowe enigma, he is a crap leader, crap player and a waste of a shirt, well the majority of his time on the pitch anyway.

He doesn't score, often puts us in trouble, concedes possession, passes 90% backwards or sideways, he has not drive in impetus for the team, doesn't organise, creates chaos and little else. 1 good pass out of 500 isn't a good reflection on how good he is.

1 goal in 300 games or whatever it is doesn't make him a world beater. Look at the central midfield berths of many clubs, they all have goals in them.

I am glad he managed to miss hit the pass to Graham from which he netted the Rovers goal if you watch the replay closer he takes a look back looking for the pass before mis hitting hit forwards !

Onto the most nervous of Sundays ever !

Just now, Gav said:

Tony Pullis was after Jason Lowe under Bowyer and apparently in January this year, it was all over the local papers down here.

Now we're guessing his wages to try and beat the lad with that stick......

You need to just admit he's nowhere near as bad as you paint out and was instrumental in our win yesterday, he's 110% every game and doesn't deserve to have his named booed when the teams read out and hammered on here.

What was that about our fans lacking footballing knowledge.....

For some reason you seem to struggle remaining civil over this one, Gav. Is it because I don't hate Allardyce?

Instrumental is stretching the truth so far, it's snapped. I take it you were there Gav? So frequently he looked lost. Didn't know what to do with the ball and either passed it back or gave it away.

He got lucky intercepting a @#/?-poor ball and played a decent pass into the box that a class player like Graham was able to turn into a great one. But for that his name would barely have warranted a mention yesterday.

Now, to the point raised that you have simply dismissed. Any actual thoughts? Do you think Jason Lowe has been value for his super wage? (To use a Seniorism). Are you comfortable that this lad earns more in a month than the fans to do in a couple of years?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I would take any 'links' for a player in his last year of contract with a pinch of of salt.

Very simple, he's out of contract in the summer, so he'll presumably have his pick of clubs, let's see what division he ends up in. If he ends up at a West Brom then the fanbase have obviously not appreciated his work and need to eat humble pie.

If he ends up as a starter for West Brom. Personally I'd be happy with him as a squad player. However, I could well see him at Blackpool.

Just now, J*B said:

Jeez, he passed the ball forwards into space. You watched Tugay etc, right? 

You make a good point by accident. Like the "Steele is awful" brigade, context of being a lower end championship club with a team choc full of cheap signings and loans is wasted on some who remember Friedel, Tugay et al

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

A silly comparison.

He did more than our other midfielders and still gets hammered. That's the point. You watched Willo, Akpan, etc right?

He did what a midfielder by definition. He won the ball in the middle, moved forwards and passed to the striker. It's basics - there's nothing 'great' about what he does in that assist... he's literally doing what he is meant to do, right? What he's paid £15,000 a week to do? Yes I've watched Willo / Akpan, equally I could say that is a silly example for you to make. Both are players that are not up to it - although Willo has a much better 'footballing brain'. I'm not hammering him, I'm surely he's a lovely guy. But all he has done in that move is what we pay him to do... something which I personally don't think he has done enough of during his time here.

Long and short - I won't be congratulating a central midfielder for retrieving a loose ball and passing to the striker. Not after the levels which Jack Walker set us at. 

We will see though. Out of contract in the summer - we won't give him another 15k. Let's see who signs him. My money is on Bristol or similar. 

Lowe won't be here if we stay up or go down by the looks of it.

He'll be a free agent, so basically we should see how much people within footballing circles rate him by his next move.

I'd be very surprised if Pulis took him to West Brom but could see him staying in the championship.

Just now, J*B said:

He did what a midfielder by definition. He won the ball in the middle, moved forwards and passed to the striker. It's basics - there's nothing 'great' about what he does in that assist... he's literally doing what he is meant to do, right? What he's paid £15,000 a week to do? Yes I've watched Willo / Akpan, equally I could say that is a silly example for you to make. Both are players that are not up to it - although Willo has a much better 'footballing brain'. I'm not hammering him, I'm surely he's a lovely guy. But all he has done in that move is what we pay him to do... something which I personally don't think he has done enough of during his time here.

Long and short - I won't be congratulating a central midfielder for retrieving a loose ball and passing to the striker. Not after the levels which Jack Walker set us at. 

We will see though. Out of contract in the summer - we won't give him another 15k. Let's see who signs him. My money is on Bristol or similar. 

Fair enough. I think most would agree. The point is he did it yesterday and he's still getting hammered. That's the only point I'm making, apart from that was an excellent pass yesterday.

I've hammered him many times when he's had a stinker.

We are nowhere near the levels Jack set so if you're going to use that yardstick then you're never going to be happy with any player. Williams isn't Le Saux, Graham isn't Shearer etc etc

Have City and Rovers merged? City will probably be playing at  higher level than us next season so I'm sure Lowe won't be too disappointed.

Nothing wrong worn recognising of he's played well. 

Surely that's what we all want? 

Supporting this club is a draining enough experience without making it worse. 

Isn't he off this summer anyway? 

It could well all be academic anyway. If we go down and the padlocks go on

Just now, RV Blue said:

Can see him staying here for massively reduced terms. Mowbray will want to keep him and I can't see anyone else wanting to pay top dollar for him.

@#/? me. The ultimate insult. League 1 Football, no investment, Venky's staying and another season of Jason Lowe? Just so you all know in advance, it'll be me that jumps off the roof of the Darwen End. 

Just now, J*B said:

@#/? me. The ultimate insult. League 1 Football, no investment, Venky's staying and another season of Jason Lowe? Just so you all know in advance, it'll be me that jumps off the roof of the Darwen End. 

Spot on J*B

It's taken him x years to lay on a winning goal. He gets subbed at 87 for an ovation and no one clapped. Says it all.

Archived