BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

For me currently staying away solves nothing right now. Venky's showed they don't care about your money one way or another. So turn up so your voice can be heard against the Venky's regime. It allows us to have a louder voice. Protest your own way but I would encourage all stay away fans to re-consider we need you now more than ever. 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Your choice entirely and no I have no hesitation whatsoever in renewing. The worse things get the more the Club needs the support of the dwindling numbers who do still go.

The place doesn't run on fresh air.

Why don't you buy two or three then or make a generous donation to the club? Surely for a martyr like yourself that is the right thing to do.

He's right though. The club doesn't run on fresh air; it runs on massive debt and any money that goes in only chips away at the interest on that. If I thought one penny of any ticket money I might spend would go to those at the club who deserve it I'd be there buying a ticket, but it doesn't.  None has been invested in players. None would be used to pay the cleaners. 

I got my first season ticket in 1985 and aside from three years as a student when I was largely away from home, I had one until 2012. I had slowly become jaded with the excesses of the Premier League and hated the fact my money was going into the pockets of the thieves from Pune and their henchmen. In the last few years my attendance at Ewood has been sporadic. For what? Has my protest been noticed? Has my lack of attendance caused the thieves any sleepless nights or caused them any financial hardship? No. My club needs me and those like me. For me, it's time to go back. 

I don't blame others for staying away as I get their stance and empathise, but I need to be there for the team and the club. 

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Give over. You go as well.

I'll see if I can get a discount for 2.

I do. But announcing that you're racing off to renew 10 minutes after we've been relegated?

2 minutes ago, Cheeky Sidders said:

I got my first season ticket in 1985 and aside from three years as a student when I was largely away from home, I had one until 2012. I had slowly become jaded with the excesses of the Premier League and hated the fact my money was going into the pockets of the thieves from Pune and their henchmen. In the last few years my attendance at Ewood has been sporadic. For what? Has my protest been noticed? Has my lack of attendance caused the thieves any sleepless nights or caused them any financial hardship? No. My club needs me and those like me. For me, it's time to go back. 

I don't blame others for staying away as I get their stance and empathise, but I need to be there for the team and the club. 

Great to hear and I would advocate all stay away to follow this great post. I understand and respect your decision, but our club needs you and each and everyone of you more than ever. They are crooks, thieves and the lowest of the low yet we need a voice to be heard and we can would love to stand with our brother and sisters in arms with one passionate voice "venky's out"

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

Great to hear and I would advocate all stay away to follow this great post. I understand and respect your decision, but our club needs you and each and everyone of you more than ever. They are crooks, thieves and the lowest of the low yet we need a voice to be heard and we can would love to stand with our brother and sisters in arms with one passionate voice "venky's out"

If only that would happen. It would be the usual "sit down, t'owners are doing t'best for club. Your making tha fool of tha self. Support t'lads".

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Why don't you buy two or three then or make a generous donation to the club? Surely for a martyr like yourself that is the right thing to do.

I've used up my "likes" for today! first time ever but I love this post!

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

I do. But announcing that you're racing off to renew 10 minutes after we've been relegated?

Spot on.   There are one or two antagonistic posters on here who seem to wallow in our misfortune by winding up the majority in a warped kind of way. Parsonblue, chaddy and revide blue are the main ones but theres a couple more.  Just cant understand why they get a buzz out of it really.....throw it down your throat with holier than thou...

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Spot on.   There are one or two antagonistic posters on here who seem to wallow in our misfortune by winding up the majority in a warped kind of way. Parsonblue, chaddy and revide blue are the main ones but theres a couple more.  Just cant understand why they get a buzz out of it really.....throw it down your throat with holier than thou...

Agreed

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

Whilst you are trying to be petty and vindictive you do actually make an excellent suggestion. Unfortunately however I don't think I can afford it at the moment.

I did sponsor the match ball on numerous occasions in the pre Jack days though in addition to a season ticket when we also needed the money so although It's only a little I've tried to do my best over the years.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

It just shows how warped the prevailing view has become on this so called supporters message board has become when demonstrating support for the Club is viewed as "antagonistic."

Not that I have to justify my actions to anybody but I felt a small amount of pride in the way we performed today and in the heat of the moment thought I would confirm i would be continuing my support next season despite the disappointment of relegation.

Why that should offend anyone who professes to be a Blackburn Rovers supporter I've absolutely no idea.

7 hours ago, gumboots said:

He's right though. The club doesn't run on fresh air; it runs on massive debt and any money that goes in only chips away at the interest on that. If I thought one penny of any ticket money I might spend would go to those at the club who deserve it I'd be there buying a ticket, but it doesn't.  None has been invested in players. None would be used to pay the cleaners. 

What a strange argument. When I purchase a season ticket I have no clue whether my 270 quid is paying a minute fraction of the weekly wage of player A or player B, part of the weekly wage of a member of ancillary staff or being applied towards the interest on any loans.

What does it matter? I'm paying to watch 23 games of football. As long as I receive that the Club can apply my money towards whatever purpose it sees fit.

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Another antagonistic post from another holier than thou poster who seems to enjoy our misfortune in some kind of warped way.  Next season Rev and chaddy, like myself and so many others who don't read this forum, will continue to support their club as they have always done through thick and thin.  It would appear that that kind of support now seems to be frowned upon by some on here. 

As a Birmingham fan I would like to say that I am sorry for your relegation. We know too well how a bad owner can completely destroy a club.

I am confident you will be back up straight away. You took it down to the wire and didnt do much for my pulse!!

A good promotion season can help rebuild a club and bring it back together.

All the best

Just now, Dame said:

As a Birmingham fan I would like to say that I am sorry for your relegation. We know too well how a bad owner can completely destroy a club.

I am confident you will be back up straight away. You took it down to the wire and didnt do much for my pulse!!

A good promotion season can help rebuild a club and bring it back together.

All the best

Thank you but there will be no promotion season because that needs cash spent and spent wisely. We wont spend so we wont go up

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What a strange argument. When I purchase a season ticket I have no clue whether my 270 quid is paying a minute fraction of the weekly wage of player A or player B, part of the weekly wage of a member of ancillary staff or being applied towards the interest on any loans.

What does it matter? I'm paying to watch 23 games of football. As long as I receive that the Club can apply my money towards whatever purpose it sees fit.

What a strange argument. Venkys i.e. The Club, have been doing exactly that for 7years----spending Rovers fans money as they chose while honouring their side of the contract by putting out a team each week.

Worked well hasn't it?

12 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You see it as being rammed down people throats, I just see at as showing the other side of the argument. We've done the problems and virtues of RTID vs NAPM, so unless somebody has anything new to add on that and can communicate it without getting personal, it's probably not worth revisiting yet again.

Archived