BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Didn't realise that Season Ticket prices had been frozen BEFORE relegation

What a bargain..................................

More front than Blackpool

Still cheap a season ago or so I was paying like £15 a game in RS X 23 = £345 now it's meant to be £279 over £60 saving. If I can save money I will. I couldn't go as much as I would liked before due to working commitments now I've lightened my workload nothing stopping me.

I bought my first ST in 1967, and save for the three years at UNI in London, have had one ever since. I was at Loftus Road in 1971 when we dropped to the third tier for the first time in our history-I recall that a seriously overweight Fred Pickering played at CF that night-a desperate signing to try to stave off relegation. I thought it was the end of the world to go down, but once the next season started, the past was forgotten and hope renewed.

This last relegation is a complete sickener because it was so avoidable if we had had proper owners. However, I simply cannot stop going, it's a huge part of my life-and at least there will be a lot more Saturday afternoon games. I am therefore renewing and will probably do so until I leave this mortal coil.

Just now, pentelrobot said:

I bought my first ST in 1967, and save for the three years at UNI in London, have had one ever since. I was at Loftus Road in 1971 when we dropped to the third tier for the first time in our history-I recall that a seriously overweight Fred Pickering played at CF that night-a desperate signing to try to stave off relegation. I thought it was the end of the world to go down, but once the next season started, the past was forgotten and hope renewed.

This last relegation is a complete sickener because it was so avoidable if we had had proper owners. However, I simply cannot stop going, it's a huge part of my life-and at least there will be a lot more Saturday afternoon games. I am therefore renewing and will probably do so until I leave this mortal coil.

That's the best thing to do. It gets me out of the house on a Saturday afternoon I try not to think too deep about football & the politics that surround it etc. Win lose or draw it's no big deal as long as you are enjoying life. 

I think the ticket prices are almost too competitive (Cheap) given how ticketing income streams are becoming more imperative, below is an example of our new 2017-2018 prices compared to this seasons league one teams, the red indicating other sides being more expensive and by how much. I mean a riverside season ticket at £279, for 23 league games is £12.13 per match (Price of 3 pints) which i think is good value even at this level especially considering the standard of Ewood compared to some grounds for teams in this table which we will be visiting and standing in.

sts.thumb.jpg.4f61ece78a7fd0f12cf644ae31d9a643.jpg

Just now, gumboots said:

How do you enjoy life if your team is losing on and off the field as we have done for much of this season?

There are other things besides football to enjoy in life & you must admit after OC with TM things started to improve albeit a little too late. Like I said I just watch the game & go home with no negativity at all. I just appreciate the simple things in life with no hang ups it doesn't affect me.

Just now, gumboots said:

I enjoy the other parts of my life but I can't watch my team play without wanting them to win and getting upset if they lose. 

We are all individuals I can control my emotions I have no expectations or disappointments. 

Just now, gumboots said:

What's the point of watching if it doesn't matter to you?

It beats shopping. I like watching football regardless of the result win lose or draw life still continues. Some things you can't control why let your emotions affect that. Like I said we are all individuals. You get "upset when we lose" I simply don't I've enjoyed the game & gone home.

Rovers are the big draw next season, already 701 to go back up (not sure where they get these odds from). Whereas away grounds will be full with a huge Rovers support Ewood on the other hand will be half empty or more !

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Rovers are the big draw next season, already 701 to go back up (not sure where they get these odds from). Whereas away grounds will be full with a huge Rovers support Ewood on the other hand will be half empty or more !

70/1? Sounds about right...

Just now, Stuart said:

Too many people do exactly this though.

Too many.

I do it to some extent when I go to watch Clitheroe. It's a sideshow. I just like watching live football and  used to do it alongside going to Rovers. But with a team you say you support, surely you have to care?! I'd feel down for the whole weekend when we lost and get angry. Even now, when I don't go and am elsewhere, I check scores and groan if we've conceded or have a little cheer if we score. When you completely divorce feeling from sport you might as well forget it.

Just now, gumboots said:

I do it to some extent when I go to watch Clitheroe. It's a sideshow. I just like watching live football and  used to do it alongside going to Rovers. But with a team you say you support, surely you have to care?! I'd feel down for the whole weekend when we lost and get angry. Even now, when I don't go and am elsewhere, I check scores and groan if we've conceded or have a little cheer if we score. When you completely divorce feeling from sport you might as well forget it.

Its not a bad divorce if you still derive enjoyment from just simply going nothing more nothing less. It is what it is. If i was that emotionally tied into football I'd follow chelsea i don't. In response to WWWM I'm afraid I'm not.

Just now, Bluebandit said:

If i was that emotionally tied into football I'd follow chelsea

You can't choose a team to be emotionally 'tied into'. It either happens or it doesn't.

It could even be said your club chooses you, not the other way round.

9 hours ago, gumboots said:

How do you enjoy life if your team is losing on and off the field as we have done for much of this season?

I find alcohol and spending time with friends is the answer to that :) 

41 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

Its not a bad divorce if you still derive enjoyment from just simply going nothing more nothing less. It is what it is. If i was that emotionally tied into football I'd follow chelsea i don't. 

Why Rovers then?

11 hours ago, gumboots said:

I still enjoy attending games at Ewood Park and going to games. I sometimes go to Under 23's or under 18's which are enjoyable. 

Under Mowbray we have been mostly good and been very enjoyable. Under Coyle it was mostly moans and groans. 

I cant not attend as I still enjoy going and attending with Friends. Plus talking to other fans. 

Thats just me. Each person is very different so its down the person themselves

If you still find enjoyment thats fine. Thats not the issue though. Presumably you still get mad or down and want to kick the cat or whatever if we lose. The other guy said he didnt. He said win lose or draw was all the same to him. Thats what i took issue with.

Archived