BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If we go into administration...

32 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Not selling Rovers to a local buyer is mentioned twice in the above article

They won't have a choice when the club is put into admin. I know of three local people, two of which who are happy to work together, that would be interested in buying the club if it went into admin. The end is in sight, there ARE people with genuine money that won't let the club die. The sooner it's in admin, the sooner it's out of their hands, the sooner they're gone. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone realistically (I will accept a massive wild stab in the dark sum) know what magic figure would equal a buy-out? Before and after administration?

Obviously a pre-admin buy-out would require Venkys to actually sell, but ignore that for the moment.

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

Does anyone realistically (I will accept a massive wild stab in the dark sum) know what magic figure what equal a buy-out? Before and after administration?

Before £100m

After £1m

Just now, J*B said:

They won't have a choice when the club is put into admin. I know of three local people, two of which who are happy to work together, that would be interested in buying the club if it went into admin. The end is in sight, there ARE people with genuine money that won't let the club die. The sooner it's in admin, the sooner it's out of their hands, the sooner they're gone. 

Who are the three?

Just now, RV Blue said:

Who are the three?

Probably wise not to discuss it on here, but this town is genuinely lucky that there are wealthy people of all ethnicities and background that don't really want to be the owners of a football club, but won't let it die. None of the three are Seneca related either, who again are another couple of locals interested. 

Just now, J*B said:

Probably wise not to discuss it on here, but this town is genuinely lucky that there are wealthy people of all ethnicities and background that don't really want to be the owners of a football club, but won't let it die. None of the three are Seneca related either, who again are another couple of locals interested. 

Any of chance to create a large consortium of your 3 and Seneca, and then the fans as the other side? 

Just now, J*B said:

"All ethnicities" sounds like Euro Garages..?

9 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Sky were on a charm offensive yesterday for Venky's, bless 'em.

'Venky's are mortified that this has happened, they've been badly advised'. Imagine just how mortified the supporters are after seven years of their ownership!

'They're continuing to pay the bills'. By selling off the playing squad.....

They own the club, it's their fault.

Who was peddling the lines?

52 minutes ago, J*B said:

Is one of them a bloke who lived in Jerusalem for a while, if its who I think you mean ( and we are talking about the same person) my dad did his accounts for him for years.

1 hour ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Is one of them a bloke who lived in Jerusalem for a while, if its who I think you mean ( and we are talking about the same person) my dad did his accounts for him for years.

Sounds like my prayers have been answered and as predicted, he's the only guy who can help us now.

...I am right in thinking the person in question is Jesus, right?

• Backroom
5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

'Only interested in selling to a foreign buyer' - What possible reason could they have for this if true? And what reason would/could they use publicly if it indeed is simply a way to keep certain things hidden?  

Step forward Éseneca, fronted by Michel Salgado, José, Hose B, and Hose C.

• Backroom

Trying to think about this in 'positive' terms, but my understanding of the admin process is extremely limited.

I believe the administrator has to negotiate a rate of payment of debt to all creditors, or find a buyer who can offer that.

35p in the £ is the figure in my head (read it somewhere, no idea where) to be paid over 3 years. So if the debt is £120m, 35% is £42m to be paid over 3 years. So about £1.17m/month.

I don't really know if that is the best we can hope for and we're funked, or if that's the worst case scenario and we stand a chance of being alright :/

Anyone know more than me?

I believe it is possible to come out of admin with the same owners. 

That's gotta be done nightmare scenario, that. 

We've had six and a half years of this nonsense now. Aren't we due a break from it? How  much longer, oh lord? Why must you test us so? Have we not suffered enough? What's the deal here, am I being punished for non-attendance at church?! 

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

'Only interested in selling to a foreign buyer' - What possible reason could they have for this if true? And what reason would/could they use publicly if it indeed is simply a way to keep certain things hidden?  

Does look like spite doesn't it? It's certainly not about love for their baby.

Archived