BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If we go into administration...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst thing would be the sale of the ground to a Venkys connected subsidiary then a hundred year lease back or something. This kind of thing could happen for sure and we'd never get it back. 

Just now, tomphil said:

The worst thing would be the sale of the ground to a Venkys connected subsidiary then a hundred year lease back or something. This kind of thing could happen for sure and we'd never get it back. 

Hope the The trust have preserved the ACV on it

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Every pound spent on tickets is a thumb of support for these @#/?.

Remember that this summer

No it's not. If I posted "every empty seat is another bullet hole in our future", there would be absolute uproar.

Grow up, stop blaming fans for something they aren't responsible for.

Just now, tomphil said:

I don't think that could actually stop a sale though I might be wrong.

I think all that ACV status does is give notice to communities enabling groups to put bids together to buy the asset. Obviously then they would have to be able to raise sufficient capital to meet the asking price.

Above that it sounds as though an ACV can be compulsory purchased by a local authority/council if the asset is of 'threat of long term loss to the community'. So in theory if the club set the wheels in motion to sell Ewood for a housing development the council 'could' force them to sell it to them instead to protect it as a community venue.

Just now, JHRover said:

I think all that ACV status does is give notice to communities enabling groups to put bids together to buy the asset. Obviously then they would have to be able to raise sufficient capital to meet the asking price.

Above that it sounds as though an ACV can be compulsory purchased by a local authority/council if the asset is of 'threat of long term loss to the community'. So in theory if the club set the wheels in motion to sell Ewood for a housing development the council 'could' force them to sell it to them instead to protect it as a community venue.

Ah cheers that makes it a bit clearer.  Ground won't be sold then just borrowed against probably as the con artists cling on.

In today's Independent article it states twice Venkys will only sell to a foreign buyer. Is this definitely true?

I suppose this is somehow linked to hiding skeletons, but I'm not sure how a foreign buyer would insure against that?

Also - presumably if we go into Admin they will not have a choice on who we are sold to.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

In today's Independent article it states twice Venkys will only sell to a foreign buyer. Is this definitely true?

Presumably if we go into Admin they will not have a choice on who we sell to.

Have you got a link to that story?

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Presumably if we go into Admin they will not have a choice on who we sell to.

Do you have a link JBN, I googled it but couldn't find it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/blackburn-rovers-relegate-venkys-out-kentaro-jerome-anderson-a7724601.html

Just now, JHRover said:

Yes the ground can't be sold for housing etc etc it can be protected under a local community act. My dads local was being sold to a housing development but it was argued that it had a significant community value and the decision to sell to anyone that wasn't going to run it as a pub was overruled. Ewood would definitely be recognised as a location of significant community value and couldn't be sold unless it was going to be use as a football ground. 

Just now, JonnyP said:

Yes the ground can't be sold for housing etc etc it can be protected under a local community act. My dads local was being sold to a housing development but it was argued that it had a significant community value and the decision to sell to anyone that wasn't going to run it as a pub was overruled. Ewood would definitely be recognised as a location of significant community value and couldn't be sold unless it was going to be use as a football ground. 

Thought so - to be honest if owners could effectively asset strip clubs it woukd be a common occurrence.

10 minutes ago, Biz said:

No it's not. If I posted "every empty seat is another bullet hole in our future", there would be absolute uproar.

Grow up, stop blaming fans for something they aren't responsible for.

Post it, let's find out. Actually quite like the prose to be fair.

In terms of ticket sales, financially, we are smack in the middle of anything meaningful. Not enough cash generated to make a meaningful income (to pay debts and provide a decent operating budget) and not enough of a boycott to hurt them. With the added bonus of parties blaming each other.

Trouble is there is zero trust in the club right now. Where is the evidence that the cash would go anywhere near the first team anyway. Even player sales aren't reinvested into anything but wages (at least I hope they are :unsure: ).

'Only interested in selling to a foreign buyer' - What possible reason could they have for this if true? And what reason would/could they use publicly if it indeed is simply a way to keep certain things hidden?  

8 minutes ago, Biz said:

The LT "a steadfast voice of reason"?? Not a great start.

As far as only selling to a foreign buyer (racist much?), surely a local company with an international portfolio can arrange some kind of deal somewhere...?

Just now, Stuart said:

Post it, let's find out. Actually quite like the prose to be fair.

In terms of ticket sales, financially, we are smack in the middle of anything meaningful. Not enough cash generated to make a meaningful income (to pay debts and provide a decent operating budget) and not enough of a boycott to hurt them. With the added bonus of parties blaming each other.

Trouble is there is zero trust in the club right now. Where is the evidence that the cash would go anywhere near the first team anyway. Even player sales aren't reinvested into anything but wages (at least I hope they are :unsure: ).

That's the same problem with walking away because "it's funding corruption" or a "thumbs up" to the ownership! We know the season tickets started off pretty irrelevant under the Rao Wankasty, even under parachute payments they are paltry. Hence it made no difference.

Its a bit more relevant in the near future, but I don't know league 1 FFP rules well enough (yet) to say what I think fully, I know I'm going (still honestly can't stomach it) to renew though, and it's only out of support for the team, not a thumbs up to anyone. Rigid thick or thin mentality that won't be broken by some ignorant Indians or the remnants of Barnet Spiv's pension bonanza.

Stoicism is criticised on here far too much, but it could be an absolute life saver in terms of our very near future! There's an argument for the stadium being necessary when it's full! I don't need to explain the opposite.

One thing we can all agree on is the ball of debt is beyond paying back by bums on seats. 

Just now, Biz said:

That's the same problem with walking away because "it's funding corruption" or a "thumbs up" to the ownership! We know the season tickets started off pretty irrelevant under the Rao Wankasty, even under parachute payments they are paltry. Hence it made no difference.

Its a bit more relevant in the near future, but I don't know league 1 FFP rules well enough (yet) to say what I think fully, I know I'm going (still honestly can't stomach it) to renew though, and it's only out of support for the team, not a thumbs up to anyone. Rigid thick or thin mentality that won't be broken by some ignorant Indians or the remnants of Barnet Spiv's pension bonanza.

Stoicism is criticised on here far too much, but it could be an absolute life saver in terms of our very near future! There's an argument for the stadium being necessary when it's full! I don't need to explain the opposite.

One thing we can all agree on is the ball of debt is beyond paying back by bums on seats. 

As long as when the time comes "BRFC 2019" (which will need considerable hardcore support) is not pooh-poohed as "it's not the same club, it doesn't have our history" - which I expect from many. Even though this is virtually the identical argument from the NAPM fans.

If we'd have been Wimbledon fans I doubt the AFC fairytale would have happened at all.

Just now, Stuart said:

As long as when the time comes "BRFC 2019" (which will need considerable hardcore support) is not pooh-poohed as "it's not the same club, it doesn't have our history" - which I expect from many. Even though this is virtually the identical argument from the NAPM fans.

If we'd have been Wimbledon fans I doubt the AFC fairytale would have happened at all.

Wimbledon was bought and moved 100 miles or something, I appreciate what you are getting at, but whilst there is still a BRFC playing at Ewood, founded in 1875, it's our duty to try and preserve it. Any newco to be discussed when it's not possible anymore. It could well be a reality in 2019, and I'm sure the answer from many would be different if we'd gone bust or been sold off, moved, closed etc.

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

I think I prefer "AFC Blackburn". It would make sense, following in the footsteps of our then, big cousins, AFC Fylde.

Folly. Given our current demographic should be thinking bigger... ;)

Just now, Biz said:

Wimbledon was bought and moved 100 miles or something, I appreciate what you are getting at, but whilst there is still a BRFC playing at Ewood, founded in 1875, it's our duty to try and preserve it. Any newco to be discussed when it's not possible anymore. It could well be a reality in 2019, and I'm sure the answer from many would be different if we'd gone bust or been sold off, moved, closed etc.

Some people will carry on regardless and some will have had enough early on. Seeing Kean and Anderson destroying things for me, was enough and the crying episode on Sky has left me feeling that way ever since. I am sure some people would still go, if they closed Ewood down and we started playing our home game in Berwick and changed the name to Berwickburn Rovers, as it is still BRFC. Most have a tipping point, it's just a matter of time.

Who won that FA Cup MK Dons, Wimbledon, or neither?

Archived