BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Senior resigns from Rovers role

Just now, Kamy100 said:

Clearest indication yet that there is no money left at Rovers. If Venky's/Rovers had money then likes of Senior don't walkaway.

Exactly, when a man who sees the day to day running at very close quarters decides its in his best interests to resign then I think that tells us a great deal. Senior could sit around for another 6 weeks taking a paycheck whilst everyone runs down contracts/goes on holiday. He's probably done some fag packet maths and worked out we are already massively in breach of the 55% wage/turnover rule and need to sign a shed load of players!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, davulsukur said:

What a complete waste of a wage that was. Thanks Paul for all your...er...hollow words and pointless bravado.

We are a complete joke of a club.

to be fair though to Paul, he wasnt the problem. The person that should leave is Mike Cheston. Why the hell does this feel like we have bloody been here before, oh right we have been with Derek Shaw and Shelfie

Just now, Doaksie said:

I wonder how Paul is going to fluff up this 6 month stint on his CV - Operational director of senior operative logistics in the football and business management of sport, operatively.

Operations director of  expatriated footballing brigade displaced from Championship League

Just now, Batman. said:

Division three or not division three?

sadly i cant care less right now what division we are in, if we can just get rid of Venky clowns.. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

@kevingallacher8
Omg it's started! Paul Senior resigns from @Rovers. What next? Playing staff,working staff looks like budget has been cut!

well nobody should be surprised by this, the entire group should just leave and turn off the lights. I have had about enough now... 

Just now, JHRover said:

Or more likely he came in on false promises of having power and a budget to work with, has spent 4 months talking to a brick wall, wanted Coyle gone in January but had to wait until late Feb to get approval from India, now has a relegation on his CV and knows that things are going to get a whole lot worse.

Like Lambert and Myers before him I think he probably had good intentions on arrival, but after a period in there on the ground he's realised that the crooks in India are liars and conmen, and their business 'model' will guarantee further failure for this club.

Think you are spot on there. 

We all know who the problem is

Why do some celebrate things like this?  The guy had been here since January and made positive changes.  Without him we'd still have Coyle and it would have been over with weeks ago.  Big loss in my opnion

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Think you are spot on there. 

We all know who the problem is

Is it people blindly buying season tickets willy nilly?

Just now, Grez said:

Why do some celebrate things like this?  The guy had been here since January and made positive changes.  Without him we'd still have Coyle and it would have been over with weeks ago.  Big loss in my opnion

If we had hired someone reputable we'd have never had Coyle.

I find this concerning. A poster on here, name escapes me, said he spoke to Paul Senior at half time in the JW Upper in a recent game. Senior told him we would have a better squad next season regardless of whether in the championship or league 1. He was therefore planning for the future even in the event of relegation. He clearly hadn't planned to resign if we were relegated.

Just now, J*B said:

Is it people blindly buying season tickets willy nilly?

Another daft comment. its not any supporter at all whether it Season Ticket holders or non STH. 

The problem is in Pune and everybody knows this(99% at least)

I was more upset when I stubbed my toe this morning. Whether he has done the honourable thing or been pushed matters not, the club is rid of another scavenger feeding off our carcass. His NDA payoff will buy him some more plastic surgery.

If his going saves the jobs of cleaners and other decent staff I would be happy.

Just now, david brent said:

I find this concerning. A poster on here, name escapes me, said he spoke to Paul Senior at half time in the JW Upper in a recent game. Senior told him we would have a better squad next season regardless of whether in the championship or league 1. He was therefore planning for the future even in the event of relegation. He clearly hadn't planned to resign if we were relegated.

Or Venkys have said no money to spend. He was probably promise money and yet again Venkys dont keep them. 

My emails with Senior were good and honest. 

So Senior has probably walk away cos of Venkys and lack of investment. Mowbray will probably be next

Just now, david brent said:

i agree with @Tom and @Grez. Under the circumstances, Senior seems like a loss to me. If money isn't forthcoming, that's the owners' fault, not Senior's, yet he seemingly oversaw a new appointment that almost saw us safe from an impossible position.

If Senior has resigned, it's likely that he's got something juicier lined up.

Archived