BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Senior resigns from Rovers role

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gav thinks we should sack everyone. Maybe keep the cleaners and they can run the club? 

With all he knows about running a business and managing people you'd have thought he'd have made enough money to buy the club of Venkys!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I will wait for a better source than Nixon. About 5% of what hew comes out with is proven to be true. 

You'll be waiting a long time because everyone who leaves Rovers be it manager, directors or whatever are said to have resigned. All the players also demand to leave, Venkys obviously never sack nor sell anyone.

Bob Coar and Mike Cheston think everything is wonderful though.

Cheston spent the whole of last summer running his mouth off in the local press about appointing a new manager and having the right structure in place at the club. I bet we won't hear much from him this summer.

Bob Coar had the audacity to attend a Fans Q & A session, admit that he doesn't really do anything, and then compared the destruction of this club in 2017 to the Jack Walker years because Jack Walker delegated to staff and was based overseas.

As Tomphil says, its all about the blame game. By getting rid of Senior they are in effect pinning relegation on him. The Coyle debacle and suspicious appointment process last summer will be ignored, as will Cheston's ludicrous comments afterwards. Cheston has been shunted sideways and has avoided media duties recently as he is being protected from the storm. Senior was brought in to take the flak as the heat was being turned up on Pasha.

They've got their fall guy. He's gone. They can try and convince themselves that they've acted to change things. Mowbray will walk soon and then they can indirectly blame him for the relegation.

They've been doing this since the day they arrived. An ever revolving door of directors - Williams, Finn, Hunt, Shaw, Agnew, Myers, Senior, Rao, Shebby - keep on changing targets and heaping the blame on those that depart. The only one to survive throughout has been Coar. Why? What's he getting out of this?

Meanwhile Cheston. Coar, Pasha and whoever else is making decisions but hasn't revealed themselves yet can carry on business as usual.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Nixon has just called Senior an absolute irrelevance on Talksport.

Only switched on for the last minute or so of the interview but he got a good word in for his mate Coil.

Sums Nixon up. Absolutely immoral "journalist". His pal Coyle was arguably the worst manager we have had here in 25 years. 

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Only switched on for the last minute or so of the interview but he got a good word in for his mate Coil.

What an absolute trouser stain that guy is.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sums Nixon up. Absolutely immoral "journalist". His pal Coyle was arguably the worst manager we have had here in 25 years. 

we need someone to call into talksport to say this :)

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Depends how long the last set of money borrowed against STs will last although Barry & his bro will probably drip a bit of loose change into VLL again just to keep it ticking over whilst they ignore it again until after their summer hols. That's how it seems to go at this time of year and probably no other decisions on anything until 3 weeks before next season starts !

From what I can gather, the latest high interest loan has been declined, so if true, we are very close to the end, unless VLL find a few bob down the back of the sofa.

Clearly he's resigned because he was promised some cash in whichever league we ended up in and he's now had word that it was all hot air. In any case this will mean more doom and gloom.

Some people scoffed when I said we'd end up in League 1 eventually. This was when we were hurtling towards the Championship with Steve Kean. So I now feel like the prophet of doom saying this but I strongly believe we are now hurtling much faster towards none league status.

Just now, lraC said:

From what I can gather, the latest high interest loan has been declined, so if true, we are very close to the end, unless VLL find a few bob down the back of the sofa.

Was this horses mouth? Or just a feeling?

The outside world will expect us to be pushing at the top of League One next season. That's because they factor in our narrow relegation this season, our current squad, our stature as a club and immediately lump us as promotion favourites because we SHOULD BE promotion favourites next season (that would be the case in normal circumstances). They compare us to Bolton, Wigan, Wolves etc. and think we might do the same as them.

On the other hand I think we'll be fighting relegation. We might not actually go down next season but it will be on the agenda, and as per the Championship there will be a steady deterioration each season until a drop into League Two becomes reality. Then repeat the same for League Two to get to the Conference.

10 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

He's also said many things are good for the club, all of which have proved to be absolutely dire, some of which are testing the clubs very existence.

If I were him I'd stick to reporting on other clubs and it's now looking like a rather distasteful Iraqi information minister impersonation that's been going on far too long.

Just now, JHRover said:

The outside world will expect us to be pushing at the top of League One next season. That's because they factor in our narrow relegation this season, our current squad, our stature as a club and immediately lump us as promotion favourites because we SHOULD BE promotion favourites next season (that would be the case in normal circumstances). They compare us to Bolton, Wigan, Wolves etc. and think we might do the same as them.

On the other hand I think we'll be fighting relegation. We might not actually go down next season but it will be on the agenda, and as per the Championship there will be a steady deterioration each season until a drop into League Two becomes reality. Then repeat the same for League Two to get to the Conference.

They won't think we're promotion candidates when they see our squad come the start of the season.

Just now, booth said:

Clearly he's resigned because he was promised some cash in whichever league we ended up in and he's now had word that it was all hot air. In any case this will mean more doom and gloom.

Some people scoffed when I said we'd end up in League 1 eventually. This was when we were hurtling towards the Championship with Steve Kean. So I now feel like the prophet of doom saying this but I strongly believe we are now hurtling much faster towards none league status.

He wouldn't of had that conversation within 24hrs, there's no way he spoke to the owners about funds for next year within such a short period of time after relegation come to the conclusion there is none and made a decision to resign. I'd say he was pushed out the door or resigned out of feeling he failed.

Just now, toogs said:

Was this horses mouth? Or just a feeling?

No one of the guys who attends the meeting at Ewood working mans club. For the people who have attended any of them, you can normally take what the say as being very accurate.

Archived