BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

5 weeks until the window closes. No panic. Cheston & Chaddy have it all in hand.

We are going to smash this division. All the other teams are crap and will roll over for us because we have the biggest budget and the best training facility.

The only concern is if TM can do better than last season when he was relegated or his previous job where he was bottom of League 1.

It would be unfortunate if he let down "the owners" who have shown such faith in him. I really am starting to feel sorry for the Raos, after their run of terrible luck.

Lovely ! :lol:

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

chad.jpg

Boring. Another pointless senseless dig at me. 

6 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

5 weeks until the window closes. No panic. Cheston & Chaddy have it all in hand.

We are going to smash this division. All the other teams are crap and will roll over for us because we have the biggest budget and the best training facility.

The only concern is if TM can do better than last season when he was relegated or his previous job where he was bottom of League 1.

It would be unfortunate if he let down "the owners" who have shown such faith in him. I really am starting to feel sorry for the Raos, after their run of terrible luck.

Shame you have zero to add to the transfer thread. 

Im not panicking as I have faith Mowbray and the current squad(plus 3 signings and no players leaving) getting us promote from this league. Do you want this or not? 

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Boring. Another pointless senseless dig at me. 

Shame you have zero to add to the transfer thread. 

Im not panicking as I have faith Mowbray and the current squad(plus 3 signings and no players leaving) getting us promote from this league. Do you want this or not? 

You lot need to stop picking on Chaddy it's getting close to the bullying stage. 

Heard Andy Lonergan from Wolves being mentioned in their local rag a few weeks back. Don't know how true. But my god we need a striker and keeper desperately. As others have alluded to, we cannot rely on Graham's fitness and Samuel is unproven. Although with the lunes in Pune I always fear there's something ready to bite us on the arse before the window shuts

8 minutes ago, MikeRovers said:

Heard Andy Lonergan from Wolves being mentioned in their local rag a few weeks back. Don't know how true. But my god we need a striker and keeper desperately. As others have alluded to, we cannot rely on Graham's fitness and Samuel is unproven. Although with the lunes in Pune I always fear there's something ready to bite us on the arse before the window shuts

1. Centre half

2. Goalkeeper

3. Striker

4. Winger

Thinking that's what our four transfers should be. At least two of them permanent signings and two on loan. Would be a decent looking squad then. At the minute we are too light. And of course can't sell anyone. Not sure if it is possible for us not to sell anyone. 

58 minutes ago, MikeRovers said:

God no, he's rubbish and a north-ender. Plus we turfed him out of the academy a few years ago too.

13 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Shame on me !!

Shame on the group of superfans on here, who don't want to talk about people losing their jobs or the effects on local busineses or the KPMG report or any other of the real life problems at our club.

They only want to rub each other up for being first in the season ticket queue.

Please continue worshipping your new Messiah and I hope it turns out better than your last fake God, Paul (Ba will be done by Monday) Senior.

It's the transfer thread.  There are any number of other threads to post on if you aren't interested in joining the discussion on transfers.  

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

You lot need to stop picking on Chaddy it's getting close to the bullying stage. 

I don't think anyone's "bullying" at all, he gives enough out to be able to take a dose himself from time to time.

31 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Shame on me !!

Shame on the group of superfans on here, who don't want to talk about people losing their jobs or the effects on local busineses or the KPMG report or any other of the real life problems at our club.

They only want to rub each other up for being first in the season ticket queue.

Please continue worshipping your new Messiah and I hope it turns out better than your last fake God, Paul (Ba will be done by Monday) Senior.

No problem in talking about people losing their job potentially or local businessesin the correct thread but this one is about Rovers transfers. 

I am in this thread to talk transfers not other things. 

I was very happy to renew my season ticket. I am happy with Mowbray summer business transfers wise even tho 4 signings more are need now. Also the style of play and different formations we are playing. If you dont to talk about this or renew your season ticket fine but why come on here

2 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I don't think anyone's "bullying" at all, he gives enough out to be able to take a dose himself from time to time.

All depends what you called bullying tbh. 

Some things are very close to the line at times

Any mention of a centre half in the pipeline? In one of the other threads someone was saying for the game against Southend to play Ward in a three man backline with Lenihan and Mulgrew. Crazy in my opinion. Ward should be nowhere near it. A solid centre half is needed I would think

24 minutes ago, GreenRover said:

Any mention of a centre half in the pipeline? In one of the other threads someone was saying for the game against Southend to play Ward in a three man backline with Lenihan and Mulgrew. Crazy in my opinion. Ward should be nowhere near it. A solid centre half is needed I would think

Keeper and Striker are more important. 

We have 4 centre halfs at the minute

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Keeper and Striker are more important. 

We have 4 centre halfs at the minute

With two of them currently carrying knocks and heavily linked to Championship clubs, while one of the other two is probably a season or two away from a starter. The last one had a nightmare against Carlisle, so I wouldn't mind one more in.

Archived